Turn vegan for cost reasons (ethics too but not so much)

>Turn vegan for cost reasons (ethics too but not so much)
>Discover incredible recipes
>Mushroom salads
>Chickpea "Omelettes"
>Hummus with wholewheat bread dips
>Bean Burgers
>Seitan
>Can just throw pea:rice protein powder/fats in whatever; oats usually
>Usually make healthy desserts from protein powder and fats just to hit macros
>No soy whatsoever
For real...this is life on easy mode. The only "challenge" is getting enough calories for the day since I'm bulking; vegetables are surprisingly filling and tasty, and spices exist for whenever they're not.
If anyone's cutting, consider a vegan diet. It's a lot more satiating than lean meat or fucking milk

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23643053
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.549.6029&rep=rep1&type=pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP knows what's up. I turn vegan when I'm on a cut since it's fucking ez mode.

>vegan
Hahahahaha

Nice. Try soy! Its good for testosterone.

>hahaha vegans are such losers
>whoa whole milk is on sale!
>whoa a day's worth of meat for only $20!
>Why am I so hungry all the time bros??
I don't care if you eat animals man but cmon. Mushrooms are literally just as satisfying as beef; not even memeing it's just what I've found. Umami or some shit. You're cucking yourself out of money and calories because you think meat is essential; its not.
I already said I don't eat or drink soy. There's no reason to when seitan and pea:rice protein exists.

good vegan full day of eating example

I once tried the vegan diet, its was sofucking disgusting I wanted to die, and I actually tried many many things

The fact that you’re somehow unaware of the fact that green bread looks fucking revolting tells me all I need to know about you and your vegan diet.

That's boring as shit dude. Do stuff like:
>2 scoops protein, strawberry flavour, 2tbsp water, 1tsp baking powder, 50g frozen strawberries in the center, sugar-free 0 calorie syrup on top
=A strawberry melt-middle cake
>40g Oats, 10g ground flaxseeds, 10g walnuts, 100g chopped carrot, cinnamon+ginger+nutmeg
=Carrot cake oatmeal
Breakfast = 40/20/40 = 500kcals
>2 scoops protein + cocoa powder + frozen banana + ice + water
Blended into a shake, +300g microwaved Potatoes since it was post-workout
= 40/0/80/480kcals
>2 big mushrooms + 1 red pepper + 1/2 onion (lol) fried then topped with garlic, salt, and pepper + 250g Broccoli + 125g Spinach leaves
=Lunch 20/0/?/200ish kcals
>1 can butter beans + 1 scoop protein + sucralose + 1tsp vanilla, in a food processor until smooth, then 10g cacao nibs on top
=Butter bean cookie dough. 35/8/35/350kcals
Instead

You need to learn how to cook, mate
>Its green so it's disgusting
Grow up

>healthy desserts from protein powder
Post some. I love baking with whey and I've been thinking about trying pea or rice protein powder.

Yeah, I'm not vegan or vegetarian but make sure you're mixing your protein sources. Some of these plant based proteins don't quite have full amino acid profiles.

I stopped eating all animal products about two months ago because of dangerously hbp. Best thing I've ever done. Lost twenty pounds, my bench and squats have soared to new heights, I have visabyabs for the first time in my life and my bp is perfect now. But fuck animals tho

>Equating “ bread isn’t supposed to be green” with “ew, it’s green”.

Somehow I don’t have trouble eating a green apple, but I would have trouble eating a black apple.

>Enough to make EPA & DHA

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Literally impossible.

No thanks I prefer healthy and filling food

>eat mushrooms
>no protein,no fat,hungry 30 minutes later
>HORRIBLE calorie:price ratio

>eat eggs
>cheap,makes you feel full,godtier protein

Or like how I would date a white girl but not even sit next to a black one

>vegetables are cheap, tasty and cheap!

We know you shitstain that's why we serve them with our steak.

Why do vegans always act like non vegans don't enjoy vegetables?

I'm actually thinking of trying going vegetarian, because I found that bean-based dishes are fucking delicious, as filling as meat-based ones, and cheap as fuck to boot. I don't care about the ethics of it, desu. So it got me wondering if I couldn't make financial gainz alongside all the other gainz.

Got any links as to how best make it work, Opie?

Link the websites faggot

>Why do vegans always act like non vegans don't enjoy vegetables?
Because no one does. Not even vegan themselves. Veggies are hard to digest, taste bad (YMMV obviously), are low in calories and nutrients per gram and trigger lots of allergies.

That's because the plant doesn't want to be eaten, so it defends itself by poison because it doesn't have teeth or claws. You can easily correlate the amount of vegetable food eaten with amount of gastro-intestinal issues in every population that adopeted the modern idiocy iof "vegetables are always good, you can never eat enough of them".

> eating meat means you can't eat vegetables

> (You)

Post body

what app is that?
Also
>Not eating vegetables along with meat

>ethics
GET THE FUCK OUT VEGAN1BOI

i'm not personally a fan of restricted diets, because there's many benefits to non-vegan foods (specifically eggs come to mind), but here's a little tip:

but if you are having difficulties getting enough calories on a vegan diet, just utilize more nuts.

>whoa a day's worth of meat for only $20

What shithole do you live in?

provide evidence

These vegan threads should be required to also post a timestamped pic of body tbqh

Veganhealth dot org is the only one you really need. It's the only unbiased, factual resource I've found that doesn't mention ethics; just about micronutrients and such to ensure adequete health
>20g protein in the lunch I posted
Yeah it's not a lot but 3 eggs is about the same, same amount of calories, and tell me 3 eggs will fill you up more than a plate of veggies
Pea:Rice protein in a 60:40 to 70:30 ratio makes a perfect protein, basically identical to whey (and easier to digest)
Pea protein especially is godly in recipes just because of how similarly it acts to flour. Proteinpow dot com is my go-to for recipes, there's a chart that explains the differences in protein powders for different recipes and such. Even though it says pea:rice can't be used as a whey replacement in recipes, I find it can anyway, and without the milky taste unflavoured whey always gives things

I'm slightly bloated from dinner but if the thread's still up then I'll post one. Dunno if it'll prove anything though because I only turned vegan like a month ago (haven't noticed a loss in strength or libido of whatever else, but that's probably because I still hit my macros and micros just with vegan food instead of meat/dairy/eggs)

>what are supplements
I'm pretty sure people with restricted diets are exactly why supplements were even conceived. If you eat meat/dairy/eggs and don't have any allergies, you really shouldn't even need to consider supplements; for vegans it's essential (but still cheaper in the long run)

It's made with broccoli, that's why its green. Alternatively, you could just have bread, since yknow it's still vegan. Broccoli bread has more protein and micros though (and less carbs/calories).

Honest question. I would like to turn vegan, but I'm allergic to all legumes, all kind of nuts, wheat, corn and rice.

Not even talking about eating enough calories, but surviving!

You don't have to be vegan to eat any of that

>2000 calories
pls bf my gf

>there's many benefits to non-vegan foods (specifically eggs come to mind)

Please elaborate. What benefits do eggs have that outweigh the cons?

Dont

Not doable, not by a long shot. Just keep eating meat bro, and hope to fuck you don't develop an allergy to that as well. Or you will most certainly die.

What cons? Eggs don't have cons.

>this is life on easy mode.
And don't forget how fucking quick everything is too cook.
When mom tried to make gulash from soy meat for the first time she was surprised how quickly the lunch was done and how tasty it was.
She startd cooking at 10 expecting to be done by 12 or 1pm, but was done around 11am.

>vegans need to make long winded threads to convince themselves they like their lifestyle.

We get it man it's pretty easy and feasible to have a vegan lifestyle, we just prefer other things. Enjoy your diet choices without fucking giving us a headache about it everyday

>Turn vegan for cost reasons
Gee how come I can eat chicken every day of the week and throw in the occasional steak or hamburgers (I make myself) and I'm not broke?
>$1.99/lb boneless skinless chicken breast all day every day at Winco
>hurr durr ethics
Let me tell you something: if you presented Vegans with vat-grown meat that was never part of any animal, they STILL WOULD NOT EAT IT.
Veganism is a CULT, it's EXTREMISM, and it's STUPID.

You'll eat your 'strict vegetarian' diet for several months. Then the malnutrition effects will kick in, you'll wonder what you're doing wrong. You'll double-down on it, and you'll get even WORSE. If you have half a brain left at that point you'll do the smart thing and BAIL on it, go back to eating like a normal omnivorous person, and you'll recover. But be my guest, learn the hard way.

reCaptcha: Extra Minions (how appropriate)

© 2006 American Society for Clinical Nutrition

"Conversion of eicosapentaenoic acid into docosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid hardly changed in the 3 groups and was

>2000 calorie diet

Holy fucking shit you frucking chicpea, eat more goddamnit, I never went as low as 2000 even when I was aiming for sub 7%

Maybe you're allergic to those foods because of other intolerances like meat and dairy? :D Did you know alot of people are lactose intolerant?

The most concentrated source of dietary cholesterol next to brains, meaning they raise heart disease risk.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23643053
What are the benefits that outweigh destroying your cardiovascular system?

>he thinks dietary cholesterol has anything to do with blood cholesterol levels
>he thinks cholesterol is some sort of poison
>he doesn't know the body produces cholesterol itself
>he doesn't know cholesterol is necessary for hormone (read as: testosterone) production
Did you skip 6th grade health class or something? Homeschooled maybe?

No, I've done all kind of tests and it's "only" to those.

>Did you know alot of people are lactose intolerant?

Slipped through the evolutionary cracks I guess.

>>he thinks dietary cholesterol has anything to do with blood cholesterol levels
Of course it does
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.549.6029&rep=rep1&type=pdf
>>he thinks cholesterol is some sort of poison
Not a poison, but excess cholesterol in the blood like excess anything is bad.
>>he doesn't know the body produces cholesterol itself
I know that, it's just not relevant to whether or not it's good to eat cholesterol or increase our cholesterol levels beyond that which our body requires.
>>he doesn't know cholesterol is necessary for hormone (read as: testosterone) production
Didn't you just say our body produces cholesterol itself?

So broscience aside, what benefits outweigh the clear negatives of egg consumption?

>broscience
You're stupid.
Cholesterol in the body is a closed-loop, self-regulating system.
Eating dietary cholesterol has, at most, a TEMPORARY effect on blood cholesterol levels.
Like everything else (blood pressure, body temperature, etc) cholesterol levels are based on statistical averages and an individual may or may not conform to those averages -- but that has NO BEARING on whether or not they're 'healthy'.

Also there's plenty of research out there saying that eating some eggs once or twice a week has health BENEFITS. I can't be bothered to do the research for some rando faggot on Veeky Forums, do it yourself if you actually give a shit about real facts and not some agenda of yours.

I've posted a meta-analysis of controlled feeding experiments showing cholesterol feeding does in fact increase serum levels. You can accept that, refute it, or stop posting.
>Like everything else (blood pressure, body temperature, etc) cholesterol levels are based on statistical averages and an individual may or may not conform to those averages -- but that has NO BEARING on whether or not they're 'healthy'.
What? If your blood pressure is 158/90, you have hypertension. If you have a body temp of 102.4, you have a fever. We don't base good levels on averages, we base it on what isn't unhealthy.

>I can't be bothered to do the research for some rando faggot on Veeky Forums
That makes it sound like you haven't researched prior and would only now have to begin researching in order to try to refute what I'm saying. I've taken the liberty of researching for you, and it turns out what you thought before was actually wrong. No need to thank me.

Listen up, faggot. I come here for FUN, not to argue with some 75 IQ retard with an equally retarded vegan agenda. So shove it up your ass. You're full of shit, you're cherrypicking your data, you're finding 'facts' and 'studies' to fit your agenda rather than trying to find REAL facts and REAL truth, you're not fooling anyone, you're not amusing anyone, and you should just fucking kill yourself, immediately. Oh and by the way I just ate CHEESE and MILK and EGGS and MEAT, and guess what? My HDLs are high, my LDLs are low, my total cholesterol is well within STATISTICAL LIMITS of what is considered healthy, I'm 6'4", bodyfat in single digits, strong, so healthy my doctor practically applauds when I come in to see him, he's so proud I'm his patient, and I have pussy literally DRIPPING off me every goddamned day. So fuck you and your agenda, you're a weak, ugly, low-T manlet and no one will EVER love you, so become An Hero immediately, it's the only option for you now. Faggot.

TRIG'D

holy kek

u mad?

This is really amusing, please continue.

I love replies like this - proves this board is riddled with uneducated faggots. I assume you've never taken a post-secondary nutrition course in your life?

Link for the recipes, not the propaganda

>eat eggs
>godtier cholesterol

Wew

this has to be a joke

>2000 calories

He's dyel guis don't lsiten

will this pasta fit your macros?

It should be very easy to get enough calories on a vegan diet. Can you not eat peanut butter for some reason?

Peanut butter is terrible for you
>inflammatory
>terrible omega 3:6 ratio
>inflatoxins
>trans fat in mainstream brands

>0mg cholesterol

>>inflammatory
no
>>terrible omega 3:6 ratio
flax
>>inflatoxins
speak english you triplenigger
>>trans fat in mainstream brands
buy natty 100% peanuts retard

i believe it's cronometer

>protein: 143g
>fat: 63g
>calories: 2000

Height, weight, age, gender, routine, current goal? For research purposes.

>ethics

This is your daily reminder that there is no objective morality and subjective systems of morality are irrelevant.

Eggs are not allowed to be marketed as a health food in the USA. They're terrible for heart health.

>41667% b12