Routing for Snowboarding?

Hi. I'm a college student who has only worked out a few times during the past two weeks due to finals. Now that break is here, I can finally get back to lifting on a regular schedule. However I want to tailor my workout for something in the short term.

My friends and I will be snowboarding in 2 weeks and in 1 month near Lake Tahoe. I understand that lifting is a long-term endeavor, but is there a lifting routine that is perfect to help me as a snowboarder? If it helps, I've done Taekwondo for 16 years of my life, so my legs aren't twigs.

>m, 22 yo
>5'6"
>130lbs
>shitty arms, mostly leg muscle

Other urls found in this thread:

snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/8781-snowboarding-books-weight-training.html#/topics/8781
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>snowboarding
kill yourself. mummy and daddy should not be paying for your shitty holidays. you should be dead. should have been aborted. kill yourself snowfag.

I paid for it myself.

lol you fag that's even worse. choose an actual activity holiday instead of fagging down a snow slope

snowfags are usually snoefags because they have retarded parents that get them into it at a young age - kind of like pedos. but the fact you chose this means there's no hope for you. end it now. post pics.

lol what snowboarder bullied you in highschool

>lifting is a long-term endeavor
durp I knwo sum tings I do see me knowledge see I noe

Wow someone's grumpy. What would be a "real" winter activity for you?

I mean it is. Would you happen to know a routine that specific to snowboarding or not?

lol I used to go snowboarding. I was the snowboard retard who laughed at other people's poorfag holidays. never again. go surfing or rock climbing/hiking they actually require some effort. to bike riding. just anything other than the fag slope

yeah working on your core for stability and balance, and to a smaller extent leg day
>t. was snowboard instructor in a former life, had couple of full seasons in the snow. Uber otter and slayer then. Best time of my life.

fuck I used to be like you please kill me.

weight training isn't the best thing for snowboarding. find some good flexibility workouts and add weight to them.

if you can squat your own bodyweight then you are strong enough for fagboarding in the fagfluff on the fag slope

focus on flexibility

snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/8781-snowboarding-books-weight-training.html#/topics/8781

please kill me. you reawakened my fagboarding days memories I thought were gone.

if your frame igot some muscles up you will be a lot less prone to injury so lifting in general is good for riding.

At least this winterbreak fag just tells us straight up.
You and your awfulposting kind aren't welcome here kid

gotcha. Thanks!

if you're ducking muscles are tight as fuck and weight lifting REDUCES flexibility then you will fucking break something

See that wasn't so hard. Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to stay as far away from you as possible for your sanity.

I would want to know this: what would you recommend as a winter sport, then?

true, gotta
>stay loose

Thanks for the welcome.

cancel your holiday and contemplate how much of a fucking snow shit you are instead. really think about it...

assuming I can't unbrainwash you:

1. Balance - There are many ways to practice balance. use Google

2. Strength + core - For snowboarding, try and incorperate Core workouts with your legs. Do squats on a BOSU, or one legged squats on a balance disc. Never use too much weight, and have somebody spotting you. If you are doing normal squats, lunges etc. Try and end your set of with side to side jumps, high jumps, quick knees up, quick jumps, or ladder exercises. Not only do you want to get stronger but you also want to increase your stamina.

3. Abs + Back - There are many many mannnnny exercises for these two. When doing abs and ANY workout, make sure you are not cheating on your form. This will only cheat yourself. As far as abs go, I like to do 2 30-45 second routines then follow it up with a set of pushups. For example, Ill start it off with 45 seconds of situps, then do 45 seconds of crunches, then do pushups till fail, or 20.
Then back to two ab exercises... then back to pushups. NOW, this is supposed to exercise your back aswell. Pushups make pressure on your back. There are also many different kinds of pushups, If you want to know some let me know. As far as strict back workouts, Try the front bridge for 1 minute, followed by 12 hip thrusts, the side bridge on right side for 1 minute, 12 hip thrusts, left side etc etc.

I did some gym stuff pre-season by the way. One that really helped my balance was just doing regular dumbbell curls, but standing on one leg; that way you have to work your core and leg muscles to stay balanced and you strengthen the ligaments around your knee as well. And do some ab wheel rollouts all day every day

what the heck happened to you mr.? how'd you get so hateful?

>I would want to know this: what would you recommend as a winter sport, then?
Go hiking and ice/rock climbing. Find a place to play ice hockey or some other team sport you can play in the snow/on ice. Hire a snowmobile. Just stay away from the day slope.

gay/fag slop

I'd suggest core exercises, especially ones that target oblique.

You also might do balancing exercises and jumping exercises.

Ignore the autist

Snowboarding is god-tier fun

lol

wall sits and back squats

>tfw no snowboard

You’re that retard that posted a while ago about snapping your shit up snowboarding aren’t you

Not that user but nothing beats snowmobiling

To avoid massive doms after first day, do legs, adductors especially. Also obliques and lower back I guess. This is based on my personal experience, used to have >90 days/year on the slope when in my 20's