/plg/ - powerlifting general

Remember to eat more twinks and do your 100 reps or garagebro will get you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NYnMeg4Wv0Y
desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/norman khan/page/1/
amazon.com/Powerlifting-Belt-Crossfit-deadlifting-resistance/dp/B01HE1FWZA/ref=sr_1_13?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1513462298&sr=1-13&keywords=powerlifting+belt&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for it's pure physics and maths.

2st for sloots

3nd for oly is superior

post pure math

MAAAAAA, I heard you're almost at 400 wilks.
How long liftan, pls?

its not a legit thread if it isn't made by P A N Z E R

Well see here, you have a 600 squatter right? you do 65% 5x5 with 400 but you do bands so it's 25% because bands are 25%, so he does 5x5 90% 400 squatter and in two times per week he does 45000 a week, that's how the russians do it, it's pure maths and physics.

what the fuck is this?

Started picking up barbells right around 3 years ago.

youtu.be/NYnMeg4Wv0Y

pure math and physics u brainlet

since mathlords are in here can you tell me whats more volume

3x5 @ 85%
or
5x5 @80%

Noiice dude i'm 374 and almost 3 years as well (spent 1 year rehabbing back due to stupid tier deadlift form) .

You know for all his rambling he is real fucking successful and not with just powerlifters.

Are there any bands? What's the bar speed?

has there ever been a strongman general on this board?

the 5x5 since volume is mainly number of sets
no mafs
just sauce

Yes

heh I was in that thread. optimal keto macros tho

There were a couple but they always die, it's a shame but strongmen while is starting to pick up among the general populace is still not very readily available and even normie crossfit gyms their atlas stones are light as fuck so very few people get to train it.

Most guys that do strongmen usually come to plg.

who

Oh yeah I know he's quite a successful coach. I'd like to train at Westside at least for one day when I'm not working towards a meet or anything.

kys you virtue signalling newfag

Quick /PLG/ What's the most did you eat in one sitting and your BW at time.
>12 Goose Eggs fried
>2 Loaves of bread
>4l Chocolate milk
>whole block of cheddar cheese melted
>88kg at time

used to sometimes make and often post in the general, we had like 15 regular anons who just shitposted anecdotes, too niche for serious liftan, too UGH HULK for noobs

this is the actual stronkboi general tho, WSM related threads are and will always be alive and frolicking

>wawtt
>wawet

>training
6x2 squat at 80
5x5 w dips
3x15 t bar rows
ohp 4x10
chins 3xf
100 reps of incline curls, tri ext, and face pulls
2x20 hypers
>eating
just ate 2 cans of kidney beans with broccoli, capers, garlic, and olive oil.
when i get back from gym will eat pb samich and milkies.

not sure if full effort shitposting or retard

>95
>whole pack of spaghetti
>tomato sauce
>1kg worth of meatballs
>shitloads of Parmesan cheese

>peanut butter and banana milkshake

Can you even train there if you don't get invited?
not really big eater more spread out, most probably 500g worth of steak with shitloads of fries and cheese
I wonder what garagebro eats like

Probably not :(

Most I've ever eaten in one sitting was about 2800 cals worth of food from Outback steakhouse when I was like 14.

it's fine brah just stay safe and you'll get strong enough to lift there.

mirin refined palate

>115ish
>2 14in diameter pizzas, one plain cheese one chicken & ham
>40€ worth of thai takeout
>50g (of each) whey and casein in god only knows how much choccy milk
>sixpack of random carbonated piss
>8 egg omelette
>couple bites of one heinously oversized sausage then-gf had bought for novelty, no homo
not in the order I listed it. to my defense, had been working manual labour and lifting the whole day on a simple bagel and coffee in the morning

/plg/ what is the meal you could eat every single day and never get tired of it?
that doesn't mean your favorite meal! just the one you never get sick of

mine is Nasi Goreng, pic related, though I butcher the recipe by using exclusively ingredients I can easily by cheap at my local grocery store here in Western Europe
>fried rice
>chicken, bacon
>fried eggs
>carrots, peas, leak, pretty much whatever veggies I still have leftover from other recipes
>a shitton of spices
yummie

thanks lad, i was buddy with the butchers (fixed his teeth for 1/10th price he was quoted) so he always gave me stuff like geese or duck eggs and some meat for cheap, tfw moved cities and no pal butcher.

Holy shit that's fucking insane amount of food, did you even manage to walk after that?

Eggs prepared in anyway I can eat them and never get tired.
Oats as well I only get tired due to being too lazy to cook them.
Other than that anything with spaghetti I can consume pasta like a fucking hoover so probably carbonara or spaghetti meatballs.

Man, I'm still over the moon with my 3.5pl8 bench pr from friday.

How do you guys keep your training logs? Digital, analog? How do you format them?

I've found eggs I get tired of rather quickly. Like two weeks on, one week off.
Lately I've been trying out different seasoning for my bacon & eggs, seems like soft paprika powder while my bacon is frying makes it taste in a way that will last longer.

you are the single reason that one /fraud/ trip always popped a neuron about our eating habits lmfao

bami goreng vastly superior you unwashed heathen. own fav meal is spaghetti carbonara the way grandma made them back home, no cream, dash of whole milk, literally 30 eggs per serving

Noicce
I PRd 85 ohp and 210 form pr dl and i'm more happy that I managed to do 3x8 chins @ 88
Just a small notepad.

5% at the bottom 10 15 20% at the top bar speed is 0.6 meter per second

>dentistbro whoring his services for food
I approve

yes no maybe. I was used to gross bloatmaxing (one x) but that night I basically just sat in a chair farting, most I moved was two blocks with the doggers and it took me what felt like two weeks.

tfw still tried to fuck gf and nearly hurled in her face kek

like pic related

after each workout I insert a new row at the top
the boxes are filled by 'weight x reps x sets', in a hypertrophy block I usually put the total volume of a movement during that session as well
when I do a variation that doesn't have a separate column I specify of course ("pause dl weight x reps x sets")

Singapore?

Mine is maggi goreng

If I have some kind of noodle I'll usually take mihoen over bami
apologies for my naive Western ways, we don't have a lot of Asians here in continental Europe

alex the methrat? yeah probably. memed about a yuuuuge McD order here in plg back then that he pasted verbatim there and raged heh

fair enough, I retract my insult. still a bami fanboy through and through but willing to make amends

No man I'm Flemish. We get some Asian recipes because the Netherlands were naughty boys back in the day

Dope, almost bodyweight ohp. Nice! Strict?

And you're better off for it.

>tfw still tried to fuck gf and nearly hurled in her face kek
topkek

I see well
Nasi goreng is basically fried rice

Bad boi ;) *spank*

while she rode me no less. too much bounce for me belly, imagine the fabulous ten feet high barf fountain ahaha that cracks me up even years later

Nah I definitely had some layback (not rippletits approved tier but can't call it strict) there.
I did manage to do 75 strict military.
Honestly memeburn doing wonders for my binch and OHP and garagebro's lat work did wonders for my chins (used to struggle with more than 2 @ lower bw)

>doing barbell rows and squats
>Later in the day notice hot sensation lower back. Not particularly painful, just kinda uncomfortable
>Feels uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time or with bad posture
>Decide to rest it
>Wake up fine, sleep fine
>Walking/Standing around in the cold feel uncomfortable and slightly painful
>Slight pain in glutes later on; might be because of switching sitting style
>It's been 2 days

How concerned should I be? I'm worried I arched my back during rows, but I row like 90 lbs.

you got a slight case of slipped disc

Panzer's daily reminder that the girl he idolises is an ugly manface
But also hope you're all having a good day!

Okay, what do I do? Should I see a doctor?

decompress, be careful and stretch hips not gonna spoonfeed

When do I know if I should I continue lifting?

Doctor will tell you don't lift weights, take painkillers and don't bother him unless you're shitting yourself or losing function of your limbs.

What to actually do is take it easy in next 3-4 weeks with lower body work.
Do dead hangs with weight .
Do McGill 3.
Do band inversion work (youtube powerlifter inversion)
Work on form in all lifts and play it safe.

How does it feel to round your lower back?

Slipped disc is not as bad of an injury as people make it out to be. Visit a doctor if you like but unless you have walking problems or crippling pain they won't do much. There is plenty of material for dealing with a slipped/slipping disc online. McGill, Some of those dumb pushups with your hips and legs on the ground also appear to help.

I’m bored in a hotel room.

Can that Polish lad post that Polish movie with subtitles on youtube?

T-thanks.

>asking yakob to shitpost in cyka speech
kys

Stretch hips you say? Any particular movements that you would advice?

>Take painkillers
I've been taking ibuprofen because with my age everything has been pretty much "It's probably just muscle strain"

>How does it feel to round my lower back?
Not bad, I would say that it's only really painful if I sit in a position like

>Dealing with a disc
The big questions I really have are

>Should I continue doing rows, deadlifts, squats?
>How long should I rest?
>Should I maintain a calorie surplus when resting?

I'll look at the exercises

you dont, pain will go away fast but this will give you false sense of hope and then youll make it worse. Trust me, myself and many others have made this mistake

if youre careful it'll heal in a couple of months. Probally a good idea to do light hypertrophy stuff for squats and deadlifts for now

stretch glutes, hip flexors(especially rectus femoris) hamstring

>Should I continue doing rows, deadlifts, squats?
Yes if you are able to do them with textbook form.
>How long should I rest?
1-2 days no gym and then you go back light weight high rep perfect form with mcgill big three and dead hangs.
Also avoid sitting on your ass or lying down will not help.
Yes there is some limited evidence that your body requires more protein during injury.

I actually heard from dr mike israel that recovery from injury is better under maintenance calories, makes sense to me since surplus calories disrupts homeostasis

By rounding your lower back I meant more like pic related. Extreme rounding.

As for your other questions the other user answered better.

Doesn't bother me, or it doesn't seem particularly different than normal.

Other than that, besides what I listed, the only other real symptom is that things close to my lower back feel irritating. Like a tight belt will feel vaguely itchy/uncomfortable. I'm also not really sure what is just me being paranoid.

just be careful, the sign of a slipped disc is there but its very minor at this point, you would regret life if you make it worse

just consider this as a wakeup call

Okay, could it just be muscle strain or does something fundamentally point to a slipped disc?

Speaking of lower back pain:

A few weeks ago lower back hurt when rounding after a squatting day. After a week it was gone so I trained as usual. Two weeks after that it happened again but was much worse. A week after that, now, lower back was pretty much painless, some excessive rounding felt uncomfortable though. But the top of my glutes hurt. Decided to test the waters with light deadlifting, also just to get some technique practice in and rehab. No pain during the lifts but lower back felt weird afterwards. Hours later lower back is a little strange still but top of glutes hurt. Am I also slipping or what's my deal.

>get to bring out my AK for my buddies bachelor party

:)

probally not

muscle strain would feel superficial tho

Sounds like again minor pissed off disc. Just clean up form and play it safe.
You won't get those symptoms from muscle strain. Heed warnings and play it safe otherwise you can easily set yourself back for a good couple of months.

100% slipped disc

also do you hyperextend your lumbar on the lockout on deadlifts? that makes my lower back feel weird

please only shoot yourself

this is an interesting read here

desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/norman khan/page/1/

>desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/norman khan/page/1/
I only went through first 8-10 but are they all original ? I legit thought he just had a copy pasta

1000 cal meals on average

no every single one is a variation in some way, comes as a habit from having been muted too often on r9k

I'm probably not gonna push weights until after christmas, or next year. Wanted to at least do light weights to retain technique and muscle. But that light weight with my best form made it act up today really fucks with my head.
Okay, but this has got to be a minor case then, surely? Will work on technique and rehab for rest of the year. I do think I tend to lean excessively back with my upper back on lockout, which I suppose produces the same thing? This is an issue I've had but I can't quite figure out how to fix. Feels like unless the weight moves very slowly it will happen. Any level of explosiveness in the deadlift will throw my shoulders back. Pic related.

I meant what was the most amount of food you ate in one sitting.

his earlier stuff was genuinely funny when he came up with it

>I do think I tend to lean excessively back with my upper back on lockout, which I suppose produces the same thing? This is an issue I've had but I can't quite figure out how to fix.
push with the glutes at the lockouts not with the upperback which just hyperextends your spine

bending your spine under load is never a good thing

Hey guys, I want to buy this belt:

amazon.com/Powerlifting-Belt-Crossfit-deadlifting-resistance/dp/B01HE1FWZA/ref=sr_1_13?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1513462298&sr=1-13&keywords=powerlifting+belt&th=1

The small size is 23-31 and medium is 32-40 inches. My waist (measured from my belly button is 31 inches) and I'm 176lbs at 5'9 but I'm gainning weight, so my mid section will get a little bit bigger. Is the medium size going to be too lose until I put on some pounds? Which one do you think I should get?

How do I into hypertrophy?
Im so fucking sick and tired of not being muscular after 3 years of doing this "sport"

list stats

That belt is shit, don't waste your money, save a little longer and buy a real one.

Yeah, that's kind of what worries me. Like I should have muscle soreness because I'm new to lifting, but the feeling isn't so much pain or soreness, but just a kind of a hard to describe discomfort.

Alright, thanks. If I can't perform deadlifts or rows properly, what should be done in their stead?

Likewise, will this slipped disc ever "recover" completely, or will it just be something that I should take caution around forever?

there are like 10 people in this general whove gone through a disc injury it recovers just takes long

do a lighter deadlift variation
do a safer row variation(prob dumbell or some machine row)
dont do heavy ohp
etc

150/180/220

Like which one?

When people like Stan Efferding say as a novice they never tracked progression, how did they get stronger?

Did they just try and LP and if it didn't work just grind away at the weight until it did?

People like Stan Efferding are too old to remember what they did as a novice

bw height?

So

>Deadlift
Lighter weights. More gradual increase. Or should I completely switch to something like trap bar deadlifts?
>Row
Dumbell Row
>OHP
Uh... dumbell OHP? or just don't excessively lift heavy?
>implying I can heavy OHP

191cm 97kg
why is it relevant?