Why aren't we kind to one another?

Why aren't we kind to one another?

I mean really, we all began lifting for the same reason - we were incomplete in some way. And yet, when one of us is feeling down or demonstrates the slightest vulnerability, the default is cruelty and ridicule. I'm sure that someone will argue that this is only a reflection of the cruel reality of the world itself. But can't we use this board as means to relieve ourselves of this reality? Can't we support one another so that we may better meet the world and all its challenges?

Let me be the first to say:
The girl or boy you like is a 10/10.
You look great. Goal body.
You're not a manlet.
Be vegan if you want.

Also, general Saturday night thread.

Because if we did, we would never want to improve.

So your argument is that the crabs in a bucket mentality is fine because it makes people improve themselves by having others drag them down.

Ok.

Yea as a fat fuck I don't need "good job you lost a lot of weight".
"You're still a fatass" push me to make me wanna improve myself even more

But I am a manlet

T .5'7

Came (both meanings) here to say this. If everyone was happy with themselves, we would never improve. Jealousy/unsatisfaction is the best motivator.

Dopamine in the brain is a major contributor to motivation.

Put simply, support and celebrating small victories is what actually leads to improvement. Ridicule leads to self-doubt and a lack of motivation.

So you're saying if the girl you liked told you that you were looking great, you wouldn't be motivated to lift harder?

This.

Shitting on other people is never about encouraging them to improve. It's about making yourself feel better about your own insecurities.

>But can't we use this board as means to relieve ourselves of this reality?
I usually don't troll, but feel threads aren't cool. Also generally speaking, Veeky Forums likes tough love like said.
However, the self improvement and questions that don't deserve their own thread generals are what you're looking for; comfiest ones in this board.

Hurr durr people are different, OP. Just cuz you like to be coddled like a bitch doesn't mean other people do. Others thrive in the fire.

>"...Others thrive in the fire..."
he said, while posting in an anonymous rare frog trading internet webzone

Some people care about the opinions of others and rely on them for motivation. I'm not competitive and dislike people so I do everything to amuse myself and improve my quality of life. While both are valid sources of inspiration, I find that the whole mentality that "you're never good enough" gets boring after a while. I don't care about being a badass or getting respect from strangers, I just want to do goofy shit with my body.

>Let me be the first to say:
>The girl or boy you like is a 10/10.
>You look great. Goal body.
>You're not a manlet.
>Be vegan if you want.

I'm all for encouraging others to improve, but what this is isn't that. You don't know who I like and what I look like. Vapidly telling me I'm a success with neither knowing where I am and where is like to be doesn't encourage success. You want your boss or role model to see and appreciate what you've done but also remind and advise you towards your goal. Tough love isn't synonymous with berating but it's at least grasping towards the ideal.

Hopefully we can accomplish a positive and realistic atmosphere but I'd rather the latter before the former.

You're a fat sack of shit and the world would be a better place without you.

You're welcome.

no it doesn’t at all

Gtfo boogie

if you want hugging and pats on the back the there is always reddit and tumblr

A man needs constant resistance to improve. Being kind will only create soft soyboys.

Amen brother

lose some fucking weight, if you’re above 15% BF you’re not gonna make it. If you can’t see your abs and obliques you’re not going to make it, no v-taper and adonis lines=not gonna make it. Cut more, lift more piggy

>be happy and loved
Meh maybe I won't work out
>Be very angry and rejected
Go to gym and lift heavy as fuck

>I need pain to get stronger
I know sasuke was cool and all but come on guys

I get that some people dish out that mean shit but coddling each other doesn't make things better. Tough love is still love.

I keep coming here because user isn't afraid to be real about things, that honesty is more important than anything. If you haven't learned to ignore trolls by now I feel sorry for you.

Veeky Forums has your back, we're all gunna make it but only if we try.

I have a kind family, I don't need kindness from strangers on a boxweeving forum. Someone tell me a joke.

>Be vegan if you want.
Dude, you've gotta draw the line somewhere.
I'd rather have a pedo than a vegan as my neighbour.

Sub saharan average IQ

Infect niggas with kindness my bro