I've never touched Veeky Forums before until now. Here's my story

I've never touched Veeky Forums before until now. Here's my story.
>23
>out of college
>got a job
>medical exam
>obese @ 170cm 96 kg
>never been to a gym
>try the gym
>use the one where you run on weighted things with a handle
>5 minutes
>get dizzy
>go home
>sit in elevator
>had to be assisted by security
>felt like dying

how am i supposed to start?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCqYPhGiB9tkShZorfgcL2lA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

walk briskly 40 mins a day sweety. take it easy.

you'll be fine. don't go so hard at the gym next time. most important thing is to eat less calories. it'll suck at first but the weight loss will motivate you. do as much cardio as you can handle. if you get dizzy then stop and rest. good luck

Start of slow you idiot

you forgot the most important part of the story

>went back the next day and did it again

Are people really this out of shape?

This.

You just shocked your body by not ever working out until now. The good news is it will get easier. Make it your goal to go longer the next day and then longer the next day after that. Make that your focus outside of the gym as well by eating the right foods to give you the best chance to succeed. Just keep going.

Also, I mean out of shape now over weight, I got 80lbs on this guy

Thank you for the responses.

I think what I lack is the mindset. I will keep going and will definitely start slow. I've gained weight over the years, I guess it might take years to shed it off.

Read the sticky please it's absolutely essential. All you have to do to lose weight is subtract -500 calories from your TDEE (just use one of the many calculators for that online) and also make a MyFitnessPal for easy calorie calculation. Never do anything with the word "run" in it as a fatass by the way, or you might as well kiss your knees goodbye.
You can lose like 50 pounds a year but at your weight you'll burn more since your body has a hard time moving itself which means more energy burned. It's easily possible for you to reach a healthy weight bro.

>170cm

>how am i supposed to start?
Checkem

170cm is 5 foot 7 inches, not 5'5" like you're thinking

>23, 170, 96, calls himself "obese"
nigga, you're MORBIDLY obese lol

6'2 138kg am i fucked?

>mfw this thread is full of landwhales
>mfw they let themselves get that far, clearly no discipline and/or self-control
>mfw they want to workout, which requires said discipline and/or self-control
>mfw i have no face

since you're that fat, just eating less will make you lose weight.But since you already got a gym membership make the most out of it.Start weight training and doing light cardio.Track your calories too. Aim for like 2500-3000 calories per day

Read the sticky and go slow, friendo.

Something similar used to happen to me. I was in horrible shape after drinking a liter of vodka a day for some month. Tried going to the gym, made some gains, but every time I would really try to push myself, I'd get palpitations, get dizzy, start hyperventilating and had to stop. But I stuck with it, and the most game-changing bit- I got a bicycle and started cycling to work erry day. Only 8 miles a day, but it made a HUGE difference in just a couple months. I no longer get dizzy, can run about two k, when before I couldn't run 500 meters (didn't practice running at all before), mood is hugely better, I could go on.

Basically, start doing something EVERY DAY, or most days at any rate. Start slow and build up. You'll get there.

>2500-3000 as a fatty fatty fatty
right, terrible advice, 2000-2500 at the MAX

Try to walk 45 minutes every day
Cut carbohydrates (optimal under 50g per day)
Look up low carb diet and/or paleo diet
(Secret Pro Tip: youtube.com/channel/UCqYPhGiB9tkShZorfgcL2lA )

You will see results in 1-2 weeks
I did it this way

you're fucking retarded.Normal people cut with 2000-2500.He's fat, starting cold turkey with 2000 will make him quit the next day

wrong, it depends on how many calories he eats right now

>how am i supposed to start?
You just did. Do it everyday. Eat healthy. Go hard but don't overdo it and die. We're all gonna make it. I believe in you man

By eating less.

You've fallen for the fitness meme.

You don't need to work out to lose weight. It is 90% diet. Eat less.

Once you start losing weight you should exercise for your health and appearance, it will speed up the weight loss process too.

lose weight first ya goof, then slowly build to heavier lifting and more intense cardio. your no 1 priority right now should be dropping lbs safely so they dont come back. ever

>96kg
>elevator

b-but y

Swim