Abs

>stop doing crunches you can't spot reduce
>abs are made in the kitchen

Ok, why is all ab advice apparently aimed at fat people?
I want abs and I'm not fat. I'm scrawny I weight 140 and am 5'10. I am already doing compounds but I want abs too. My abs aren't really showing that much, what should I do to make them better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BsaD-BadB9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally just having low body fat will give you visible abs

Cable crunches and leg lifts/TTBs. Everything else is garbage.

I have those abs that look visible if I'm standing far away but don't really pop out close up.
There has to be some kind of exercises I could be doing to make them more defined. It can't all just be body fat percentage. Every other muscle grows when stressed so why is exercising abs somehow illogical?

youtu.be/BsaD-BadB9M

are abs are meme? i always have my shirt on anyways.

>Unironically Ab wheels
Shit always beats me up, but can feel my core being put to work

That's just not true for people who have never worked on their core or have the right ab genetics. You are going to need to do direct abwork while eating at a surplus to make your abs grow.

The secret is cable crunches. 12-15 reps, and really squeeze at the bottom. Thank me later.

It’s okay we were all fifteen once upon a time

Holy Christ in Heaven she was such a fox

>I'm already doing compounds
hmmmmm maybe isolation would help?!?!?!?!

>assuming people on Veeky Forums actually lift
I should know better. But if you do heavy compounds with good form, you will have a strong core, and thus-abs at lownbf%

>she
That is clearly Michael Jackson

Buddy all you gotta do is hang from the pullup bar and bring your knees to your chest 3x15
Eventually youll get strong enough where you can have both legs straight and bring them way up like youre kicking your head, both legs together straight up. Also do lots and lots of pullups, bringing your knees to your chest as you come up.

Ab roll outs with hard anterior pelvic tilt contraction

>bro stop doing squats all you need is low body fat to have visible quads
>bro stop doing curls all you need is low body fat to have visible biceps
>bro stop doing deadlifts all you need is low bodyfat to have visible back muscles

>abs are made in the kitchen
abs are made by hitting abs by at least 10 different variations of crunches/sit ups/leg raises

even doing one exercise like crunches will not make them visible but will improve core strength immensely

>stop doing crunches
is most retarded advice, stop doing an exercise because the result may not be visible

I like to do leg lifts and planks with a weighted vest or a backpack with a plate in it and also I do weighted situps on the decline bench with a 10kg medicine ball I also like to do ab roll out with a bar with 1 plate either side so you have to actually force it to move and control the momentum i'll do atleast 2 of those throught my 5 day routine

the reason I do everything with weight is because for heavy squats I like to have a strong core

>oven dodger

So I'm able to do cable crumches, 15 reps with 100lbs on the machine pretty easily but they're still not as visible as I'd like them to be. Do I just need to cut more?

Reason not to do sit ups, is it can jack up your back

Abs are made in the gym and revealed in the kitchen.

Developed abs will show at a higher BF% than underdeveloped abs. Only ablets cut to 10% to see their abs.

Keep exercising. Cable crunches, pull-ups, and squats all use abdominals.