Why are squat racks so expensive?

Why are squat racks so expensive?

Make your own. I made my own rack, it cost me about 100 dollars. I already had the power tools and welding machine, but what kind of man doesn't have power tools?

A rich one

a rich one wouldn’t be complaining about the price of something or actually they would be but if it was something like a power rack they would realize they need to deal with the price or stfu and pay for a gym membership

can get one used for $300 or so.

a poor one

I'm not good with my hands, user. I know I will wreck shit over and over again until the material cost and time spent will far outweigh even that overpriced Rogue power rack for CrossFitters making $300K from their finance or tech jobs.

You gotta improvise m9

I gotta say on an unrelated note that starting small about learning about general handy stuff has been a real confidence booster for me, it may develop some in you.

Titan's T-3 is basically a copy of Rogue's R-3. Much less expensive as well.

Or you could make your own guillo- I mean, professionally well-assembled and safe rack. Did I mention it was safe?

If you can't square up some 8/4s, drill straight holes and screw braces together then you should immediately stop lifting because you are braindead and will hurt yourself.

Better question: why are there $10/mo gyms, but if I just want a squat rack, I have to bump it up to $40/mo?

OP i'm at the point where i live far enough away from a gym and have enough space at home that I'm seriously considering a home gym. craigslist has a ton of used stuff that goes for kinda cheap.

hey I was thinking I could make one out of wood but I could just as easily booger weld some shit together and go to a metal supply place.

that legitimately looks like a guillotine

those $10/mo gyms don't really care about their customers. They know that most people will just pay the fees + first/last and then keep paying $10/mo forever because 'it's not that much' even if they never go

>those $10/mo gyms don't really care about their customers. They know that most people will just pay the fees + first/last and then keep paying $10/mo forever because 'it's not that much' even if they never go
So basically, those $10/mo gyms wouldn't be that if their members actually used the machines.

There not if you buy one of these bad bois

grump

>not making one out of wood from ~100$
>being a man

Choose one

Mines like that and really solid. Paid 70€ and it can handle 150kg

They aren’t, unless you squat over 500lbs.

>pic related

>a rich one wouldn’t be complaining about the price of something

I see you don't know many rich people.

You only need a drill and a wrench. Look for metal power rack blueprints. If you can't weld, just using some good screws should do it.

>Local homosexual decapitates himself with home made guillotine

T3 is adequate but can be a little shaky. If you build and mount it to a reinforced plywood base, it'll feel pretty solid,tho

800lb capacity 810XLT cage is only $250 at full rip off price. It goes for less than $200 during sales.

That's a Darwin award in progress.

I got mine for $150 at goodwill

>implying
Now olympic platforms are truly extortionately and unnecessarily expensive.

That looks pretty solid actually.
>b-b-but it's made of wood!
Retard.

My home made cage is made of steel and is welded together and the safeties are made of solid stainless steel rods, so no decapitation for me, thanks.

I sure hope that's not pine

>tiny baby nails securing bottom catches

posting a classic

>when you gains are through the roof

This. This fucking thing is awesome.

I would make those uprights at least twice as thick

Also if you can buy all new lumber + bolts + metal, you are basically at the price of some used rack

the real question is why does he have a fucking level there

because you're too dumb to learn how to make your own and tradespeople know it

My home Jim isn't great but I like it. Didn't cost too much either and have ~500lb of oly plates (5lb-45lb).

>jim

>yes

Jim.

My bar is called Ollie.

This is fucking 4chins...

How do u think they got rich

Woa check my digits

WASTED
A
S
T
E
D

My guess is insurance costs go up.

Don’t know don’t care, i have my own in my apt and its amazing, never have to go to gym for any reason. if i want heavier weights or bball i got to rec center at collitch

checked

Are you the only one who's going to use it? You can save some money if you skip the curl proofing.