Do you use a pre workout or not?

Do you use a pre workout or not?

List any pros, cons, personal experience stories, etc.

Pic related is what I'm using right now. Was pretty cheap at my walmart, and it helps me get to the gym in the mornings, especially when I'm not quite feeling 100%. I know a lot of fitizens brush off these supplements because they do nothing but burn a hole in your pocket, and there's some truth to that, but I've only had positive experiences personally. Plus, having something sweet to drink in the mornings and with zero calories becomes more appealing the longer I go if I'm cutting sugar.

Would recommend overall, primarily to people who need the extra oomph.

Black coffee here

>because they do nothing

Objectively false, but yes I make my own. Night and day difference towards the end of the workout, especially dealing with lactic acid build up

I prefer a cup or two of pic related before heading out, doesn't have the bitter bite of regular coffee.

Best pre-workout I've ever used was Mesomorph. But that's cuz the Dmaa ;) pre-workouts are a god send

I don't get lactic acid build up and the main ingredient in pre workouts is caffine so I just get a coffee

Honestly, when I first started lifting, the guys at GNC convinced me to get pre-workout, and I've been using it ever since. Idk if it actually does anything for me since I haven't gone a day not using it, but it's part of my routine so eh

being addicted to caffeine is in no way healthy

I stick with coffee. Had a tub of lifttag ulift given to me at one point and it was pretty good. Have also been given samples of c4 which gave me a killer headache. Coffee is cheapest and best imho

Is pot a pre workout?

Shit doesn't even work for me anymore. I take two scoops and feel nothing.

Is mayonnaise a pre workout?

hell no

i dont get people who say "i smoke before i workout"

uh.. you slow the fuck down when you smoke
why the fuck would you force yourself in an a moving environment after you smoke

unless it's some trash weed

I’ll have a monster maybe once a week (on weekends) as a treat, but other than that I don’t use preworkout. I don’t see the point in regular preworkout use.

Yeah it helps me get my ass into gear butt good

the only thing in preworkouts that actually does anything that isnt illegal or fucks you up is caffeine anyway. all i do is have a strong black coffee before my workout and im set.

I make my own. It's easy as fuck, you can control your dosages and makes it so cheap you might as well do it. I use Citrulline malate, Creatine, Taurine and Beta-alanine in my blend with a couple drops of sweetener. I also pop a caffeine pill along with it since that creates the sensation of having taken something. Basically just amplifying the placebo effect.
Placebo effect is the main ingredient in commercial preworkouts. The shiny containers and strong flavourings make you think you're using something that'll give you one step ahead of the competition.
The caffeine makes the rushing sensation, beta-alanine makes your skin tingly and NO boosters such as citrulline make you a little bigger when pumped. Creatine actually makes you a little bit stronker but you should be taking that shit anyway.

Pot increases blood flow my dude
Not sayin its for everyone, because obviously it effects people differently. Personally weed helps me with long distance running. I dont get bored, and its more meditative. I couldnt do it before lifting though.

considered
On the flip side i bought my brother and our lifting partner preworkout for christmas and i plan on mooching off both of them. Will report the effects

I just smoked now I am about to workout. Homegym though so I don't have to see people. It helps with DOMS

>Work at panera
>applied for line cook
>get cashier because face is alright, just not ugly
>Veteran calls to me "Hey user, want one of these?"
>it's a fruit punch pre work out
>Used to work at McD's where at least half the crew was on cocaine
>half the Panera crew is on preworkout
>"Yeah sure :)"
>just has a fresh clean mixer on hand
>shakethatshitup.png
>drink it, it's actually delicious
>about 10 minutes later line starts to form because lunch rush
>start to feel tingling
>body feels like it's rippling
>Feels like the come up of a trip
>oh shit nigger did I get spiked at work
>have mild anxiety attack while cranking out orders
>Full of energy entire shift and cleaned EVERYTHING

I've taken edibles/smoked before lifting and my breathing is much smoother, I can also really get in my own little bubble and actually hit PR's
>haven't smoked or eaten edibles in 2 months

Pot is terrible for heavy lifting that requires your CNS to be on point.

However, high pumps feel incredible so if you're doing bodybuilding stuff and have a nice non-sleepy sativa it can be great

I make my own.
It's cheap as fuck

One thing you should remember is to not take pre-workout everyday. I recommend taking it only on days where you don't exactly feel the strongest or psyched about the gym.

You'll build up tolerance quickly.

I basically make my PWO for pumps so it's just Citruline malate (7-8g) (you get 6g in two PWO scoops usually)

I take a caffeine pill (200mg) 2 scoops gives you 400mg, no thanks.

And I mix it with flavored creatine because Citruline Malate is like eating lemon peel. And usually flavored creatine is beyond sweet so it balances it out. I add beta alanine on days I do really high reps or cardio. That's it

Flavored creatine
Caffeine pill
Beta alanine
citruline malate

mfw grocery outlet has 1mr for $8 a tub
I don't even really like preworkouts that much, but for that price, holy fug

Hell yea. It's like 40 doses for 15 bucks. Cheaper than getting a coffee every day and has creatine and choline and shit .