What's a good brand of Veeky Forums gloves?

What's a good brand of Veeky Forums gloves?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/ANCHEER-2017-New-New-Unisex-Adults-Cycling-Rowing-Weight-lifting-Power-Grip-Half-Finger-Sports-Exercise/32810488578.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>gloves
you have 10 seconds yo explain what you need gloves for faggot

skin

I'm not OP, but whilst formerly working for a moving company I found that my hands sweat profusely to the point where maintaining a grip on things was impossible in the summer.

1) so the bar doesnt slip when you get sweaty (you do get sweaty I hope ya faggot?)

2) More grip

3) Comfort. Less blisters and callus

4) Hygiene

Wanna know how I know you don’t lift?

>omg look at me im so hardcore I use my bare hands fuck comfort

>what sleeping on a matrass? haha im not a faggot I sleep on the stone cold concrete floor!

fucking tryhards jesus christ

In the words of Marky Mark Rippetoe, gloves are bullshit. If you absolutely must wear them, make sure they match your purse.

Sure let me know how you know I "dont lift" (what that even means) based on the fact that I want to use gloves.

Please

MaxiFlex gloves are great for all-around work, and pretty cheap off Amazon in three or more-packs.
With that said you better not be wearing these for lifting, faggot.

1. get better grip strength. maybe use chalk.
2. get better grip strength
3. stop being a faggot
4. stop being a faggot
fixed your problems. sage this thread.

Baseball batting gloves, 10$ at walmart

Not the guy you're replying to, but if you just lift without gloves you will eventually have tough hands. Not that you need this to be explained to you, but there are zero benefits to be gained by using gloves.

Whereas not using gloves for anything other than touching hazardous substances yeilds nothing but benefits as soon as your gay little baby hands are strong enough to be used as the tools that they are designed to be.

Not him but
1) you think a barbell would ever slip out of your hands. You'd know this is impossible if you ever held one. What do you think of related is for?
2) you think gloves provide more grip
3) you think a barbell will give you blisters
4) you think there's anything unhygienic about holding a barbell with your bare hands.

The ONLY reason to ever wear gloves is if you have a wound on your hand and lifting bare handed tears it open.

Don't buy gloves, save your money for a lifting plug.

Are you retarded?

then use chalk you fuckshit

No.

>be in gym
>see guy carrying a chalk bag like a little faggot on his first rock climbing adventure leaving white powder shit fucking everything

how would you react Veeky Forums ?

This. If weight are slipping out of your hands, you have bigger problems than your tender dickbeaters. Gloves are there to serve as a second layer of skin, not as fucking frog pads for extra grip. Do you need an extra layer of skin? Grow an extra layer of skin by using your hands.

Just the way your reply sounds when I read it tells me you squat bench and deadlift 95lbs for each lift

While i agree that using gloves is overrated and that chalk is better:
1) with lubrication and poor form (barbell not being parallel to the floor) yes it can slip, rather easily if the barbell is not clean (dirt/skin between groves).
2) Gloves legitimately provide better grip due to minimal moisture causing lubrication to occur, also designed with groves to help cause friction, thus allowing for better grip.
3) It will and does if you lift heavy, as the weight compressing onto your hand, added with the friction causes blisters to occur.
4) Depending on whether you're at a gym that has standards or not, yes the barbell may indeed be unhygienic (dirty, covered in sweat, etc.)

Chalk is the way to go rather than gloves, and blisters aren't a big deal once you get some decent calluses, but almost everything you've said was wrong guy.

>be in gym
>see fag walking around in fingerless gloves and trenchcoat/fedora using cable machines
How would you react?

While i concede to the body of this post, in all my years of picking things up and putting things down, losing the calluses on my hands in a dish-pit, and regrowing them at the gym, I've never dropped a weight. Im not even a super human or anything.

I don't doubt that.

Sore hands are just part of the unyielding and never-ending pain that is self improvement

>gloves

>Not quoting my raw onion skills
>no mention of manlets
Gtfo dyel soyboy

What's a lifting plug

I have never had a barbell slip out of my hands and I've never seen it happen to anyone else. Never gotten blisters either. Coming up on 5 years now. Can't personally attest to whether gloves provide more grip because why the fuck would I solve a problem that isn't there?

And what the fuck is unhygienic about other people's sweat? You take a shower right after.

Only hulking beefy men wear those
I'm obviously not one
Don't normal gyms have s chalk stand

They keep you from shitting your pants when you hit your physical limits.

What the fuck is wrong with you butthurt 'muh barehands' fucking fags? If he chooses to wear bitch mittens just let him for fucks sake, it's not like it's a totally nonsense bullshit thing like onions or gomad, so why can't we just get along and stop tearing at each other's throats because of such unimportant questions?

In relation with the thread: I sometimes wear gloves aswell but for an entirely different reason, the better ones have very nice wristwraps attached to them (unlike OP's picture) that help a lot with my stupid girly wrists not getting fucked up

Pic related is what I have now, best wrist stabilization ever.

So, fair enough if you haven't personally experienced or seen something happen. I can tell you that I have seen it before, anecdotal evidence doesn't prove nor disprove the existence of an occurance. You're telling me that if you heavy deadlift, you have never once gotten a blister? If so, I'm unsure how that's possible, but i'll roll with it, good for you.
I also agree that yeah, who gives a fuck whether gloves help grip, I prefer chalk like I said.

The biggest thing though, while skin contact with sweat and dirt, and dead skin is not inherently dangerous (assuming your skin is intact), it can be dangerous due to a variety of factors (all related to having open wounds). Bacterial infections can easily occur due to small open wounds (like a papercut) and in that, there are issues present. In that event, it is unhygienic, it has the possibility to produce unwanted effects due to lack of cleanliness. My argument however, wasn't that it is important or that you should care about that every time you touch a bar, but simply to show that yes, barbells can be unhygienic.

By these standards you should wear a helmet and sealed biosuite at all times.

While hygiene is a concern in every gym environment, the barbell isn't even remotely a concern, unless you're rubbing in your eyes and putting it in your ass.

Again, not an advocate for gloves. If someone wanted to walk around in that shit all the time (bio-suit and helmet) then I would agree there are protective features of those things, but I wouldn't advocate for wearing them, the same way I acknowledge that glove use has its benefits, but I don't advocate wearing them. Please re-read and differentiate what i'm saying to what you're inferring.

Of course. Again, re-read what i said, it's not a major concern, i do not believe it is, nor did I say it was. What i was trying to show, and even stated in my message, is that barbells can be unhygienic, refuting what the guy said before.

aliexpress.com/item/ANCHEER-2017-New-New-Unisex-Adults-Cycling-Rowing-Weight-lifting-Power-Grip-Half-Finger-Sports-Exercise/32810488578.html

This one of the best I ever tried

Ahaha what the fuck does your gay fag ass want gloves for? Callouses are the signs that you lift.

>I wear gloves so my hands are nice and soft to jerk my bfs dick

Theyre just like lifting shoes

nothing wrong with cable machines

Which are also completely unnecessary, but unlike gloves, don't give you gay faggot feet.

>says the glove wearing faggot

>my normie gym doesn't allow chalk
>hide chalk under my towel every week on diddly day
>been doing this for 4 months now without getting caught
>mfw