Home Gym Order

So Veeky Forums, in what order should I buy my home gym? It's a big investment that I can't get all at once, so I'll just buy it little by little. In what order do you guys think I should get the stuff? As in, power rack first, barbell second, etc

Unless you IMMEDIATELY want to start working out,( in which case do barbell and weights first) go this order:

1. power rack and flooring
2. barbell
3. weights

(or 2+3 together)

Rack / barbell / weight / bench
then
whatever else you want.

Does this look like a decent enough rack?

ehhhh i mean, single arm racks like that always look flimsy to me. What's your budget? have you considered building your own?

I live in south america so my budget is kinda low. I don't really have any tools to build my own rack. Pic is from a local strength shop, and it would cost me my entire salary, that is without tax or shipping

>paying for some branded rack
Never gonna make it. Build your own for 1/5 of the price

I don't have the tools to do so broski

definitely barbell and weight first. you can dl, clean, ohp, hack squat, shrugs and rows with just those. then comes the flooring into rack, then bench then the adjustable dbs

You need to save. No point in spending little by little since shit happens and you'll end up with half the gym you want gathering dust.

Calculate how much you need for a powercage, barbell, bench, plates and set it as your goal. If you have credit cards wait until your savings can at least cover 75% and only then think about using credit cards. That's the basic, flooring, dumbbells, whatever are all extras.

If you live in an apartment then stop thinking about a home gym, vibrations transmit through the floors so you'll end up pissing everyone off and depending on your laws and community rules you can end up evicted

Seriously, save money, then spend.

A hacksaw and screwdriver is all I used. You can't borrow/buy those?

> no cardio equipment

Are you even trying?

Better bun newer car instead of driving that Mercedes w123.

You can have all the muscles in the world, but if you pull on the date in that car, that is an instant nono.

How do you drill holes into wood with a screwdriver

But I've seen homegyms in apartments user :'(

Is this what it's really like in murka? Why are you so obsessed with cars?

I'm from the UK and women give zero fucks about this. There's a world outside of murka

Have you thought about contacting a local shop and seeing how much it would cost to get a rack welded up out of 40x40x3? That's what I did. You can even do a 2 post one and sink it into concrete but then you'll need a more complicated spotter arm setup.

I used metal with self tapping bolts. It will be much much more secure than wood.

Pic is just what comes up when you google homegym. I do like small boxed cars though, I just want a Hachiroku

I tried this out and the guy in the welder shop seemed completely lost, also didn't know how to read the plan I printed

I'm an eurofag, this is just an observation.

Also, woman in UK give 0 shit about cars since they can left the house without it's husbands permission.

Hm. Try a different shop. No offence, your plan was probably shit. I described mine over the phone and they got it. Basically just said weld a square 1.5m x 1.5m, run supports 2m vertical from it and then weld then weld a square at that end but leave one end open. On the open side, but down at the full square end, weld a 1.5" round tube such that it is parallel to the support but out 3". From the open end, measure up 36" and weld in two bars across, not on the open side but the other 2 sides. Measure up another x" and weld in two brackets on either side to hold a bar, capable of holding 250kg.

You obviously know more about building stuff than I do hahaha. I write down your comment, translate it, and see what happens in another shop, thanks user

Shitty plan but it's simple and close enough. Any other anons check measurements please?

1. pull-up bar
2. power rack
3. barbell
4. plates
4.5. horse mat, rubber pad, etc for dropping weight
5. adjustable dumbells
6 dip stand (or something that hooks into your rack)

>cardio equipment
It's called going outside, you absolute goober.

>cardio equipment

>euro
>this bait
We're all in the same boat, user, unless you're lucky enough to not be in the EU

>indoors cardio

take this (you), slut