Powerhobbying General -/PLG/

For the purpose of becoming stronger in the hobby of powerlifting.

> if you can't be bothered to sleep properly, eat enough, or stop spanking it to trannys long enough to improve at this hobby, get the fuck out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu
youtube
openpsychometrics.org/tests/MGKT2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked the one with the tits better but seems like it was deleted.

btw first for bulking at 5k with a 3k TDEE

Reminder to do 100 reps of triceps, 100 reps of upper back, and 100 reps of quad EVERY TRAINING SESSION

How many time do you guys lift each week?
I just trimmed everything down to 3x fb.

>tfw eating 4500-5000 had me at 105 for about a month now im 115...

I've done 3-7.

4 U/L is excellent for recovery.

100 reps of quad is a little too much tb h

well you're like a foot taller than me kek

no but seriously, I just stopped giving a fuck. lost worrying amounts of weight due to illness, had stalled on most stuff before anyway, fuck this shit, we /comfywinterbloat/ now

Taller people do more volume, because their ROM is longer. Am I correct?

Everyday. Sometimes I split the session into 2 shorter ones. #homegymmasterrace

I literally just started doing snatch dl last week. Wouldnt say im good at them but i love how theyre hitting my upoer back

2/wk fb, heinous volume tho. not planning to compete again until late '18 and work shifts are cunts, so might as well.

Not necessarily more volume but they do more work and recover slower, so yes.

source on pic

4x per week
Squat days 1 and 3
Deadlift days 2 and 4
Bench days 1-3

please tell me that's shooped

Holy fuck that was one hella grinder but managed 170 2x1 snatch dls lads

Good 4 u.

its fake u brainlets

Thanks second set felt @11 i was sure im gonna fail it.

Do what % and rep ranges do I do on an active rest period? Like 50% for around 15-20 reps compounds only ?

i need help lads
i really need to go lift but my bed is way too comfy

QUICK GET OUT THERE'S A SPOODER IN YOUR BED

8 pages in 8 hours

LETS GOOOOOOOO

If you have a homegym, just take a nap between sets.

Why grind an accessory lift?

Whatever you need to do to improve recovery and not contribute to fatigue.
Reps and sets depend on the exact point of time within your program (=/= weekly template). %'s depends on how bad the overloading session fucked you up.

For example on TM you might squat 70% for 3x5 on the middle day (active recovery). But you can easily imagine that for a very strong person, if you do e.g. 8 sets of 10 high bar squats on an overloading session (last week of a hypertrophy mesocycle before a deload, for example), then even 70% for a 3x5 might still be too much. A newbie doing his first block periodized program might be able to do that easy, but if your squat 1RM is 200kg+ you probably won't even be able to squat for at least half a week after such an incredibly high volume overloading workout, in which case 'active recovery' would be empty bar squats.

Sorry I can't give you a simple spoon feed answer.

Its called max effort day for a reason

more like no volume and no specificity day. why the fuck are you doing 2x1 on an accessory

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

I'll start cause I'm a blogging faggot

T
binch only mock meet so, that
t-bar rows 4x6-8
skwot work up to 5rm, back off until idiotic rpe
tri & upperback meme at my discretion
farmer carries, 45% bw per hand 5xF

E
couple burgers, eating clean during 12 hour shift is futile

LT
some Arch Enemy when they still had the blonde

F
reconsidering recent decision, also hella raunchy cause gf has been texting vaguely sexual stuff all damn day

that's it for today, don't forget to like and subscribe!

Plan was to do 2x2 but i went a bit to high so decided to go 2x1

>T
Squat 80%x3x7
Bench 70%x5x6
(w x r x s)
Lat pulldowns
LTE's

>E
Bacon and eggs as breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, after my workout some frituur (Belgian fast food), later in the evening either spagetthi or mihoen not sure yet.

>LT
I'm in a metalcore mood. The Ghost Inside, Misery Signals, Gideon.

>F
Stress! Internship, paper deadlines, exams, chores keep piling up (cleaning my room, cooking, washing dishes, shopping for new clothes), workouts are getting tight and have had to skip a few during the past month. Just gotta bite through it all until june.

T
2x1 snatch dl
2x20 high bar squats (this time without 4x8 fuck that)
Leg press 5x10
Seated gm 4x8
Rack pulls 5x5
Rows 3x20

E
Some curry chicken with rice
Lt
Tomegatherion
F
Good mang

>WAWTT
Deadlift 6x4 at 420, beltless.
Front Squat 3x7 at 230.
Hanging leg raises. Chinups.

Push pull meet in 6 weeks.

>>WAWET
Bacon wrapped chicken breast, sauteed brussel sprouts, baked sweet potato.

>>WAWLTT
The Devil Makes 3

>>WAWFT
Content.

RIP core

>Deadlift 6x4 at 420, beltless.
>Front Squat 3x7 at 230.
>Hanging leg raises.
whats the point bro

>whats the point bro
What do you mean?

Primary deadlift.
Squat/dead combo accessory volume.
Decompression/ab work combo.

>training
this is tomorrow. not going to be a great session because i have a paper dl tomorrow and wont sleep much. im blogging now since im waiting for train.
2x2 squat at 100. ive done this on 3 hours of sleep so i hope i have no issues with this tomorrow
5x5 dip +2.5lbs from last sesh
t bar row 3x15
ohp 4x8
farmers walk 3xf (i might skip this if im deadzo)
then blast arms

>>WAWTT
Squats 8x5 @65%
Ohp amrap @90% 7reps
Gained 5kg in 3weeks on my ohp :). Doing 3times a week H/L/M amraps and adding weight if exceeds 5/10/8 reps
But now I got crazy stretchmarks where chest and front meet :(.
>>WAWET
Meatballs, spaghetti, carrots, eggs
>>WAWLTT
Qts singing in Italian
>>WAWFT
Good

> tfw spank it to trannies and can out Chad (out bench) most of plg
ayyy

>But now I got crazy stretchmarks where chest and front meet :(.
Iktf got the same when i added like 30kg to my bench in 5 weeks

Wow so you're proud of 120kg bench xdd

> 2x2 100
> did in 3 hours sleep
wow man you're made of some stern stuff how did that mass not crush you

Asking for future reference but where do you go after 5x5 starts to slow down without switching to 3x5? Shouldn't you increase volume or would you just introduce heavy/light variations?

Try 154 lmaaao

share italian qt link pls, am homesick

>154 lmao

Id rather be straight and a benchlet than have a mediocre bench and be gay.

coffee and decent upper back. and 100 is the max from the start of the program.

youtu be/Q2vshh0369A

no one cares what a benchlet (beta soyboy) thinks tho

Oh thats percentage btw i just realized this was sarcasm

Trip on frog

I think he was mocking you lad

>not available in my current country
YOUTUBE IS A CYNIC WHORESON

but thx, just seeing the thumbnail helped

Any negative effects of doing rows before benching or pullups before pressing rather than after?

>negative effects of doing rows before benching or pullups before pressing rather than after?
Rowing is not a competition movement, so if it tires you out and you can't complete your pressing work, then that is a negative.

If you're weak it doesn't matter.

Damn, see if this one works
youtube com/verify_controversy?next_url=/watch%3Fapp%3Ddesktop%26persist_app%3D1%26noapp%3D1%26v%3DqRSlLAcKxc4

ironic fascism is still fascism

no need to, I know the vid, found another, I just found it hilarious that youtube blocks it in my current country but allows it back home (where it should be forbidden)

>doing training on a mock meet day

Gross.

>WAWTT(omorrow)

Curls, hack squats (if my injured back allows it), and GHRs.

>WAWET

I just ate half of a prime rib with my hands, because they didn't give me utensils in my leftover box, and I'm in a hotel. Gross.

>WAWLTT

Feeling some gangsta rap.

>WAWFT

Tired, wishing my back wasn't busted, tfwnoqtazngf. The usual.

>gangsta rap
>racemixer
Gross

Friendly reminder that black cuties are loyal and well behaved while white thots are all sluts with princess complex. Yes goy take care after jamals kid when stacy cheats on you.

What's your OHP and bench at now, how are you finding H/L/M? Just asking cos next year I want to hit BW OHP and 140kg bench (currently at around 120kg) so I'm trying to work out how to program it. I'm probably just going to just alternate them monthly as the main press, and do the other one for assistance so it doesn't decrease.

>bw ohp
Please be 100kg

I'll just say I'm weaker than you, so you probably should program it differently. But for me this kinda programming with amraps is fun as fuck.

t
benchan in the afternoon & some auxiliaries
deadlifting in the evening

E
rice and steak, probably rice and steak later

LT
some 21 negro right this second

F
breddy gud, first two meals in for the day and pressing in a bit. pressing makes strong boys

>benchan in the afternoon & some auxiliaries deadlifting in the evening
Damn thats some pretty long workout

2x a day when I can
also poverty benchers post itt so we can laugh at you

n-no i mean active rest period as in a two to three week period where you recover from microtears and microfractures etc. Basically no overload at all to give the bones and muscle time to heal once or twice a year.

openpsychometrics.org/tests/MGKT2/

It may well get to that point, my OHP is currently at 78kg with a BW of 85kg, height is 188cm. I'll probably end up bulking to 100kg, possibly more, then cutting back down to mid to high nineties. Hopefully I'll hit a BW OHP at around 90-95kg, but by that point I might as well go for 100kg anyway. It's a long road, but who doesn't want big shoulders?

Fair enough, enjoy it whilst you can and make sure you're ingraining good form into your muscle memory and don't be afraid to add volume or shit if you start to stall.

Current tested 1RM is 120kg, hoping for a PR of 125kg just before Christmas. Hit a 205kg diddy the other day though which was nice.

>WAWTT
Max effort upper
Bench variation (not decided yet)
Spoto press 3x6
JM press 5x10
Lever pulldown 50 rep total
Lever row 50 rep total
Dirty 30s
Dumbbells for time

>WAWET
had some big pb &j sandwiches, just having some beef and potatoes now and some beef and spicy rice later

>Gross.
it's just binch because a more experienced PL from my hometown is coming by and playing judge and my bench was a bit fucky last time we met. we'll do that, shoot the shit for a bit, then train together like I was going to anyway. get off your high horse m80

Does /plg/ do dedicated core work? If so, what and how much? If not, what's your reasoning?

>Be an old dude (just turned 48)
>Want to get into lifting because I haven't been physically fit for two decades and I'm hitting my mid life crisis
>Have lower back problems

What do you guys recommend for someone looking to gain muscle who really, really shouldn't be doing

>Deadlifts
>Rows
>Squats

In their full variants. Like, I guess machine rows or dumbell rows might be alright. I looked into SS/SL and read the material, and they told me pretty much the same deal

>Don't fucking risk doing improperly it if you've got pre existing injuries

So, what do I do?

Any guide for a total beginner fag who wants to get into powerlifting?

Definitely not powerlifting

Do them with good form
Watch YouTube videos for basics
Walk into gym
Lift
Repeat until 1000lbs

Any LP routine, SS has good track record though. Then any intermediate routine with focus on squat/bench/dead and congrats you're a powerlifter

You're asking a thread of people who started in their 20s or earlier with no preexisting injuries how to start training at almost 50 with preexisting injuries. You're note gonna find much help here

Yeah pretty much every single day.

That's fair.
>Do them with good form
Ideally, but the catch is if for any reason I do fuck up. (I will fuck up), I'll be out of service for a few weeks at best.

So, the best thing is really to soften the risk.

>You're asking a thread of people who started in their 20s or earlier with no preexisting injuries how to start training at almost 50 with preexisting injuries. You're note gonna find much help here

True, but what I'm asking is pretty much

>Best exercises to replace full deadlifts, low back squats, and rows?

As best of a bad situation deals.

I wan to eat a girl out right now for test boost.

I have no idea which countries have nukes

>Be an old dude (just turned 48)
>Want to get into lifting because I haven't been physically fit for two decades and I'm hitting my mid life crisis
>Have lower back problems
Dad i told you plenty of times what you should be doing to fix your back.

You can't replace squats or deadlifts. Period.

But it's not like the gym police is going to arrest you for being worried about your back. If you want to just do upper body, more power to you

any reason why you prefer lever vs. cable? availability in gym? or another eye opening gbro meme I am yet to be made aware of?

nothing can really replace squats and deadlifts. or variations atleast. most people who say they cant are just being big babies t b h, it would help if you actually said what your problem was instead of being vague. also why would you ask in a thread dedicated to squat and deadlift about not doing them??

>eating meat off the bone with your hands is gross
get off my board you low test son of a bitch

Honestly? Because I imagine the people who would know the most about variants of dead lifting and squats or working around injuries would be people who do squats and dead lifts and occasionally work around injuries.

Just what im doing atm, though the lever row is chest supported

yeah but with the intention of getting back to the full movement, not saying they cant so they wont. stuff like block pulls with progressively lower blocks and high bar squats

>dedicated core work?
Twice per week, plus lots of beltless deadlifting and front squatting.

>beltless deadlifting
But there's more core activation with a belt on.

I stay tighter beltless. I have a short torso, and hate the belt. My goal is 600 beltless.

I want to just die

Get help

can you help me

Are you in the UK?

>I want to just die
See
> if you can't be bothered to sleep properly, eat enough, or stop spanking it to trannys long enough to improve at this hobby, get the fuck out