/fast/ #60 the last thread's pic was fucking awful edition

>What is /fast/?

Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>SPECIAL WATER FAST POTION
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY&t=1s

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0 [Open]

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis [Open]
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8 [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8 [Open]

Why you should consider carnivore:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0 [Open]

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns [Open]

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c [Open]
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk [Open]
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk [Open]
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE [Open]

Does Apple Cider Vinegar break fasting?

no.

things that break fasting

>artificial and natural sweeteners
>calories
>coffee

that's it

>coffee
retard

>cranks up cortisol (catabolic)
>stays in your system as long as 18 hrs
>inhibits REM sleep
>increases H. Pylori production (ulcers)
>reduces HCL production
>weakens mucosal layer of stomach

enjoy your caffeine addiction faggot

>any of these things have anything to do with fasts
No.

What should I break a 5 day fast with?

Want to fast until Xmas Eve but due to the type of food that I'll have then (not very clean), it's probably best to break it the day before so as not to shit myself.

if I understand correctly, you can eat carbs after you break fast?

what about caffeine free coffee?

or tea (whether decaffeinated or not) ???

It depends on whether you want to extend ketosis or not.

solid point, i don't see any mention of metabolic rates or insulin spikes in this list

>cortisol spike from 200 mg (CATABOLIC WHICH MEANS IT BREAKS DOWN MUSCLE) THE CORTISOL MAKES YOU STORE FAT. Your cortisol will be spiked for 18 hours (AKA WHEN YOURE SLEEPING) It will inhibit your REM sleep which will fuck with fat burning.

keep justifying your addiction loser.

weed does this too.

no caffeine = no problem, just make sure you're not consuming sweeteners

>cortisol function is this simple
Ever thought about what happens to your cortisol levels after you lift weights? Do you associate lifting weights with increases or decreases in muscle mass? How about fat storage?

41 hours fast so far, just went to lift
I feel weird my head feels lighter for some reason
I don't feel bad. I feel alright just a bit weird.

lil bit of meat and veggies. you dont have to worry about refeeding syndrome if you take snake potions during a fast.
what kind of carbs?

>cortisol makes you store fat
>not eating anything to store as fat

spotted the retard

no idea, not sweets, something like peanuts

At how many hours/days into a fast does the body stop burning muscles and burns fat?

Looks like I've finally plateaud after a month and a half of OMAD. Weight hasn't changed at all in the past day, despite only eating half a chicken breast with some cheddar on top for dinner last night.
Hopefully I'll start losing again within the week.

yeah you're good
fasting is muscle sparring, the amount of muscle you'll lose on a fast is marginal compared to the fat loss.
do one 48 hour fast a week in addition to omad

>gf left
>still have a month of fasting left
>failing courses

this isn't what i bargained for

>starts fasting
>is a little bitch and cant finish it
you dont deserve the benefits of the FASTGOD

You're definitely still losing fat if you're eating like that through the week.
You probably just have some water weight or need to shit. Make sure to get your fiber where you can if you're doing OMAD.
Meat and veggies are great for weight loss but your bowels will back up and make it seem like you aren't losing weight if you don't get your fiber.

>still no snakeman sunday stream on the youtubes

Hour 24 in to my 5 day fast: no hunger at all, though I'm used to IF so this isn't surprising. End of day 2 will be the worst. Still going to be lifting full force

You're going to have to get over her bro, and eating is never the solution to your problems. Just clear your head so you can focus on the studies. You should really try meditation.

>tfw i'm friends with him on facebook and he responds to my questions

comfy

what the fuck

>break fast this morning before work
>now on toilet with worst BRRAAAPPPs in ages

>18 days into snekjews fast
Not gonna quit, just saying having zero ways to cope is kinda gay

fukn lbs a day weightloss only thing keeping me going. Am trying meditation, read it takes a bit to start to "work" though.

where the before and after pics at?

>snake man has ascended so far he now communicates with numbers

what does KETO level and fast level mean?

not him but i'm working on some

Keto level is the colour i'm pissing on the strips
Fast level is how hard im fasting (no blip = eat, blip on the x axis = snake fast, blip on 80 = hard dry fast)

I bet that 0:02 recording is just him telling you "fuck off"

Also how fat are you? He said that he is doing 1v1 coaching only for extreme fat fucks

im on 9th day waterfast and the hunger is completely gone
day 4-5 was hardest but now ive the feeling i can continue for like another 3 weeks

so you lost weight even on/after days when you ate?

On the days i ate i usually gained a shitton of weight, which i lose quickly afterwards. Funnily enough the first two spikes were high-carb meals, and the last spike was keto.

he sends me voice messages. they're hilarious.

"hey can i use stevia sweetener during fasts"
"no did i fucken say you could?"

Upload them

oh right I misread that and thought blip= eat.
Carry on I started 6 days ago and already 5kg/12lb down but I´m doing way too many refeeds than I should

so how did you get him to coach you? jelly desu

i'm not fat buddeh im just trying to cut to 7%

i just added him and started talking. im gonna do a before and after fast and post it on his wall tho. prolly 10 days or so to get from 11% to 7

I'm fucking retarded and seemed to have lost my before pic. I'll make a "before" pic now but the before and after will eventually only span like 13kg.

lol post anyways

Me currently.

If you ever think "lets get fat" don't. This is at ~90kg, my heaviest was 140kg

Are you the 43 day fag?

>sign up for 48-hour fast
>have done it before but this time I starved
>break it at 27 hours with a 3k calorie meal

I-I'll try again tomorrow

im chartfag

I broke a 6 day fast last night, but I'm right back in for 14 days. On the first I'll decide if I want to keep going or if I go back to keto for the new years.

Obviously not an intelligent way to break a fast but so worth it. Unlike other times that I've done a few days then fallen completely off the wagon I'm right back on.

please upload them based user

>secretly hoping he opens with HEY FATTIE

Good job
Any loose skin? How are you working out?

fasting is catabolic

You wont eat during Christmas?

I might have some around my belly, but atm all my remaining weight is there as well so we'll see. At the moment just light cardio, i had no gains to begin with, why bother keeping them.

you're looking good m8 keep going!!!

literally can't understand how people can't do this.

I did my very first fast 48 hours, thinking about starting a 72 hour tomorrow

how do you fucks crack like 12 hours in? Do you have any self-control at all?

jesus christ

No, we don't have any big plans for the holidays.

Depends. Some people immediately dive into fasting despite eating a lot of addictive carbohydrates and give in after the extreme cravings pop up.

I eat 1,000,000 carbs a day, so I still don't really see that as an excuse

Thanks, i feel like that pic is pretty deceptive though.

>ywn look in the mirror and not think you're a fat fuck

god damn you look nice for being 140kg once

How tall?

keep chuggin bro because think of how much healthier your organs are now that they arent loaded with fat!!!

6'5'' (194cm)

t a l l b o y e

I'm near 600 lbs.

I did an 18 hour fast yesterday just to try it, it wasn't that bad.

I need to get the ingredients but I'm gonna go on a 48 hour fast next.

>I'm near 600 lbs.
Height?

Nigger you need to do a fast long half a year

Explosive diarreah edition at my house senpai

6'3-1/2

I know

proof

I didn't know I was as fat as I was until I weighed myself the other day

I still assumed I was around 470

shit mane, I'm 192cm@90kg but I look nowhere near as fat as you, well, good job getting this far

How do you just break a fast with 3000 cals? What made you do this?

As in, you look more or less fat

I think I look a bit better now (2kg heavier) no progress pic, have to finish my program first (i take progress pics after I finish a level)

Holy shit dude. You are a literal hamplanet, yet I believe that it's still possible for you to make it. Please stick to your fasting so you can avoid an early death. Don't waste your life like that.

Do you have your own gravitational pull?

>I didn't know I was as fat as I was until I weighed myself

well im happy you snapped out of your delusion, you can still save your life. Just leep going man.
Were all gonna make it brah

I can't eat at a caloric deficit because dieting is just not sustainable for me

it's much easier for me to just fast oddly enough when I give myself no leniency

I've been going to the gym, currently on my 10th week as of saturday. I reduced how much I was eating by a ton, got a scale finally after a few months, and was shocked that I still weighed 568 lbs. No telling how much I weighed before all this.

Did a bunch of research, was considering something drastic, and this just seemed much smarter.

I figure not doing anything is worse than trying something and dying, maybe fasting will be what saves my life.

god speed mister

CICO is the driving force behind your fat loss, not fasting or OMAD. Fuck everyone who claims that it's because of other factors, it's not.

fuck, after 6 days doesn't eating all that hold risk?
it's why i'm breaking my fast a day before xmas, otherwise i'll shit myself on the day

Any tips on what to break a fast with so I don't ruin my pants?

what are you both on about with shitting your pants and fasting?

>dieting is just not sustainable for me
how do you intend to keep the weight off when you're done with your crash diet?

>I can't eat at a caloric deficit because dieting is just not sustainable for me
Fucking how? It's really simple to eat at only 1500 calories per day, and considering how big you are pounds will literally fly off of your body when to normal people 1500 means about a pound per week. Exercise and fasting doesn't mean shit in the context of weight loss if you just eat it all back. Going on a diet means fixing your terrible life choices that made you morbidly obese in the first place. Reducing how much you were eating is subjective by the way, especially considering it's from the point of view of a walking piece of lard. Just do CICO with healthy food plus a long fast on a per month basis.

I get diarrhea when I break a fast that is a day or longer.

only done a bit of research into it, but due to not eating for days, you need to "repopulate" your gut with enzymes so you can digest food properly.

Makes sense, maybe I should try a probiotic?

28 hours into fasting
not particularly hungry, just exhausted
when do the meme brain benefits allegedly start kicking in? i feel sluggish af but not sleepy

break a fast with kefir only you fool

I don't plan on ever being done and I don't really consider it a one time crash diet

So you plan on starving yourself until you die from malnutrition? Sounds very sustainable my dude, kill it.

yes that's what everyone else on this thread does right

fascinating, thanks anons