Why do my hip flexors hurt while squatting?

Why do my hip flexors hurt while squatting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cz1gh_aYn5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mine hurt after too many crunches/leg raises.
Don't know.
But it's not that big of a deal for me, i can continue.

they hurt when im deadlifting but are fine when im squatting

I have the same problem. IDK what it is but lately it's bothering me so much that I can't go past 80kg cuz the pain is too much

I can squat 3pl8 and 2,5 pl8 for reps but when I'm having sex (doggy style) my hip flexors quickly get sore

How do I fix this

By squatting less weight but doing more reps.

use progressive overload: start with 5 mins of doggy style with a 5'0 woman and slowly work up to 15 mins with a 6'2 woman

This is because you are not fully engaging your core, I used to have this a lot, try to clench your glutes

pretty sure it's a flexibility problem OP, I have the same issue here. Never had a problem with it before but I wasn't doing ATG squats with good form, as soon as I started good form it hurts like a motherfucker. I took a week off, squatted, still hurt, took another week off while stretching, stretching made it hurt even more, not sure what to do now, been in the qtddtot threads but no one seems to know jack shit about squatting on those threads because I haven't gotten an actual response yet.

Correct, you have no endurance

I really recommend to serious lifters that they either rock climb or at least borrow some knowledge from rock climber's training pedagogy. serious climbing training programs will devote large amounts of time to building strength, power, power endurance, and pure endurance and differentiating between the 4 in ways that most lifters can't even imagine. In our case, squats:

Strength: 1RM squat
Power: 1RM clean/, explosiveness of your high weight squats
Power Endurance: Max weight you can 3x3 or 5x5
Endurance: Max reps with 1 or 1,5 plate

Back when I was a serious climber, I could do nearly 50 pullups without a rest and also do a +90% bodyweight chinup for 1-2 reps. You would virtually never find a lifter who can do both of these things: either one is hard, but I don't think I've ever met a non-climber who could get anywhere close to BOTH, because they all only train strength (max weighted pullups) or endurance (for bodyweight fitness bros)

>he hasnt been training his hip flexors

Sweetie.....

Do your knees slide forward at the bottom? Video yourself and check. If you do, there's your answer.

But I go running for at least 2-3 times a week. Doesn't that train the endurance in my legs?

Had this before, I forget exactly what caused it. It was either weak external rotators, weak abdominals, or tight hip flexors.

Try getting your glutes into your squat

This went away over time for me, had a problem like this once the weight got a little heavier, just fine now.

>with 1 or 1,5 plate
Even if you're squatting something like 4pl8?

don't dive bomb into the squat, do a controlled descent.

This is me

I'll take weeks off squat and work on flexibility/hip strength, then go back and just do 1 plate squat for 12 reps for a few weeks, but as soon as I increase weight, it hurts again

Been like this for months and totally stalled with squat right now and not progressing at all

does each type need to be on its own day?

eg can I do 3x5 then do a few endurance sets, or cam only one kind of adaption occur from a set? what about doing strength sets of another exercise, then endurance squats?

used to have hip flexor pain so severe i couldn't manage 1pl8. widened my stance a bit and haven't had any problems.

incorrect form and pelvis tilting in bottom position will cause the hip bones to compress the flexors towards your femur in the deepest squat position.

They're getting stronger. I stopped doing legs for a good 2 years and started back about a month ago (surprisingly kept a lot of street) and my hip flexors have fucking blown up.

*strength, even... fuck me my spelling today.

Hip flexors have been a problem of mine for more than a decade, in my case i have to do a particular stretch to alleviate it.

Sometimes it hurts anyway so i just skip squats.

Srs, start stretching them 2-3 weeks. For me, I found it led to chronic back pain until I stretched them before squats.

kek, what gym has 6'2 women I can use to get my doggy style gains?

because you are lifting with your front bum.

What stretch?

I already do lunge and roll with a softball

Could be anything. This worked for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=cz1gh_aYn5k

I tried using a lacrosse ball, resistance band, and stretching, but those didn't help.

>legs too tight to do a full squat

do some kettleball dls and the "eye stretch" to strengthen them
if you sit all day your flexors are probably weak as piss
easy way to tell is to check if you have lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt

decrease width of your stance OP