Here's the thing, i don't eat any vegetables, period...

Here's the thing, i don't eat any vegetables, period. It's not that i don't like the taste of them (i actually do) but due to laziness and scheduling issues i just can't cook them everyday.

I've been lifting and hitting my calories and macros for like 3+ years, but i really want to start eating some greens because i'm fully aware i'm missing out on lots of important micros and vitamins.

So is there any way i can get some greens in without having to cook them? Like, what are some good vegetables that i could eat raw?

Other urls found in this thread:

ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/Dietary_Reference_Intakes.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Like, what are some good vegetables that i could eat raw?

onions
spinach
kale
tomatoes (fuck you I don't care that it's a fruit)
avocados

Carrots

Buy some frozen veg and nuke it in the microwave for 5mins

and cucumber and paprika and carrots and lettuce

>kale

I've read kale is actually bad to eat raw, though. Can't remember the reason why but i'm pretty sure i've read multiple articles about it

you can put frozen veg in the microwave for 5mins. think you can steam/boil quite a bit in the microwave.

Do you never cook like sauces, stews, soups? i just throw some greens in with whatever im cooking cant even taste them most of the time .

I forgot about frozen veg, that's a good suggestion actually.

What i don't know yet, though, is how do you know you're eating enough vegetables? Will just eating a pack of frozen vegetables daily be enough? Or will i need to mix more? There's so many greens that i'm finding it hard to choose which ones to eat.

no

Are you sure?

yes

Ok thanks

I like raw baby spinach, I throw a small pile on whenever I make a sandwich

>What i don't know yet, though, is how do you know you're eating enough vegetables? Will just eating a pack of frozen vegetables daily be enough? Or will i need to mix more? There's so many greens that i'm finding it hard to choose which ones to eat.

You can track micronutrients with chronometer or similar. Makes it easier than guessing.

But how much, though?

Sorry if i'm being dense, but it's easy to find how much protein or fat or carbs or stuff like that you should eat daily. But so far i haven't really found anything similar that explained how much vegetables i should eat daily

Good suggestion, i'll try this aswell

>how much vegetables i should eat daily
as much as you can stuff in your face

I was in the same situation as you until a month or so ago. Just get a big ass bag of frozen veggies and pop em in the microwave every now and then. Easy as fuck idk why I didn’t start earlier.

for beginners like you, you should just drink your greens. Make a green smoothie. chug it. you are done.

>due to laziness and scheduling issues i just can't cook them everyday.
What? I go through a pound of frozen broccoli florets a week. Costs a dollar and takes 2 minutes to nuke a couple servings. You might just be retarded.

You have the discipline and planning to hit your calories and macros for years but can't take five minutes to cook up some veggies when you're making meals? Tracking your micronutrients from veggies isn't worth the time, just eat as much as you can with every meal. Literally the simplest part of meal planning.

Don't listen to this juicing moron, the dietary fiber from intact vegetables is one of the best parts.

Myfitnesspal gives recommended micros to hit, even with the free version. However, if you're interested in the most detail here's the site to visit;
ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/Dietary_Reference_Intakes.aspx
There's an autistic amount of information but everything you could possibly want to know will be there.

I just eat 3 cups of frozen spinach (pictsweet is the brand) and mix half with my eggs in the morning and the other half with my chicken at dinner. Pictsweet is really good tasting and non-organic, so you're not dropping an arm and a leg for spinach. It comes in a bag you just toss in the microwave and cook for 6-7 mins and it's ready to be consumed.

Chop tomato and onion and peeled cucumber into very small pieces (or use food processor), add salt and pepper, little olive oil and put it on a toast

eat raw carrots its a great snack dude trust me my friend did it and i eventually did it too great decision

This.

Literally buy a fucking steaming basket and a pot. If you have half a brain you can steam 99% of all your vegetables.

Just eat them raw or stir fry them. There’s nothing time consuming or complicated about it

the fiber doesn't disappear when blended.........

Spinach and Lettuce are cheap and you can eat a lot.
Lettuce has a lot of sulfur that might help with muscle recovery.
I usually make a salad or throw then in the pan with some eggs.

Just try to mix some colors in your plate that you should be good: ie: spinach, red lettuce, carrots(cook), beets(cook), tomatoes.

The cooking is mostly to help digestion, just boil it if you are feeling lazy.

Remember that eating vegetables you might feel full but you got way less calories. So try to consume more during the day, or to force down some meat.

One spoon of rice, and one spoon of black beans should give you all amino acids you body don't produce, since you are lifting maybe you will need more. But be careful because they have a lot of calories.

Okay so if we're on the topic of not eating our greens, I have to admit that I haven't eaten any fruits or vegetables since I was a toddler and chose not to. I'm now 24 and you couldn't even bribe me with $100 to eat a single grape. I won't fucking do it.
I don't know what it is, it's just a childish phobia I have. I don't like the texture of most fruits or veggies, the juices, any of it. It just grosses me the fuck out at the idea of consuming plant based foods.

I do "cheat" a little. I can drink juices like V8, and I'm fine with things like potatoes, brown/black/pinto beans, tomato sauce (as long as it's not chunky). I also take multivitamins to replace the nutrients I don't get from not eating fruits or veggies, though I'm told it's not the same thing really so it's not as effective which I think is bullshit.

Am I going to have problems later in life from not eating these things? Is it going to get in the way of my gains? Is it going to cut my life short by a couple years?

>Am I going to have problems later in life from not eating these things

Maybe slight ones, but most people get effects of malnutrition after years and years of not eating well. Potatoes are great anyway and multivitamins, while indeed not being as effective as regular healthy food, do help.

400g of vegetables a day is a good minimum to go by.

I buy frozen, cut broccoli, let it thaw and mix it with hot fast food. Tastes surprisingly good, takes nearly no preperation time and I guess for the vitamins it's better than cooking it.

Mix them raw with a blender. Very easy.

how have you managed to shit for 3 years?

meal prep mothafucka, just spend a couple hours on sunday or whenever and cook up a load of veggies, stick em in tupperware and keep em in a fridge. Eat them

What seasoning and how much butter do you use with your broccoli?

Easiest thing to do is buy a pressure cooker. Add an onion, green pepper, + whatever other veggies you want. Cup of beans, 3 cups of water. 35 minutes and your done. Easiest fucking thing.

No hes a idiot. Dont eat any vegatables raw. Its much harder to digest and hurts your stomach. You would get more nutrients from steaming them

idk about bad for you, but raw veg is less nutritious than slightly cooked veg. You destroy some of the nutrients but you get a larger percentage of what is left which adds up to more in total. The same with eggs and protein.

Said it before me lol