DEPRESSION

Tell me Veeky Forums, how are you dealing with your depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/7TCP4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lifting is what I do to stay out of depression. The cold and dark of winter is awful.

Pretty good. I usually get home and masturbate for 3 hours and then go to sleep

I try to not spend much time alone at home.

Being out at the gym, parks, coffee shops etc seems to work quite well.

At home, I would probably just spend hours on the bed, sleeping, masturbating, or self harming.

Well I went to the doctor, he gave me pills, now I'm not depressed anymore.

A crippling sex addiction. I convince women and myself that I love them and sleep with them only to regret it later. I just broke up a family (made wife fall in love with me) and my own fiance has no idea i'm doing this shit. But I CANT STOP. Might get help soon.

b-but desu...

After she friend zoned me I was depressed. She talked to me more than him, but it seems I was just attention for her. Then it hit me, we're just attention to them. Well fuck them, they'll just be attention to me.

She's just another girl and I'm just another guy to her. That's all it is.

It's been 2 months. I'm getting bigger, stronger, more handsome, and I'm getting more attention than I ever did 2 months ago.

Stop lifting for her, lift for yourself.

How do you get out of your house?
I'm at the stages that the only places i vist are the gym and my school, and i don't really have any friends to hang out, i don't know what to do to stay out my house, i'm rarely outside

not well

aye but what if you are not depressed over a chick man

Walking out the front door is a good start.

Depression isn't real, anyone claiming otherwise is full of themselvesl

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and realize that if the problem is external YOU CAN remove it at any time.

Been awake four days now, no depression so far

Things have been good, I just hope they stay this good. I've been depressed because of my job and I see now I have to move on from here in four months,. Just four more months, I need to move on

Trying to learn coding and mandarin. Learning piano. Trying to read instead of going on Veeky Forums. Also looking at Ivy League medical school profiles on LinkedIn to get a better sense of how to attain altruism.
Obviously lifting. There's a lot to do

Lol just be urself bro just like stop being depressed bro haha lol

exactly lol
i mean, i try, i try to be better but i even if i'm doing something that's making me feel fine, i just think for a moment and it ruins everything, from partying drunk, to being a depressed drunk, from lifting with hella motivation, to being just lifting, idk why this happens, i guess i'm just depressed in general, i just feel bad

>wake up want to kill myself but have to go to work
>go to work want to kill myself whole time
>get off work want to kill myself but have to go to the gym
>go to gym and not want to kill myself
>come home feeling alright
>start feeling like wanting to kill myself
>go to bed before i can
>repeat

hopefully by suckin on yo dick piece
i'm a girl btw

was depressed most of early 17'
decided to go on ssri for a few months
worked pretty well and now tapering off
finally got the motivation to workout again and getting gains back

I force my self to talk to people and smile more.

a girl(male)

I have yet to find a reason to live but I don't care enough to kill myself either

>don't believe in destiny
>don't believe in true love
>can't trick myself into believing in god
>no desire for money
>no desire for pussy
>whole-heartedly believe no matter how nice a woman may appear, she's self-centered and prepared to jump ship at the drop of a hat

I don't know what I'm doing here. I accomplished my dream when I was young and now I'm left with nothing.

I keep looking for things to strive for but can't seem to find anything I truly desire.

What do?

Work in a psych hospital to help those who help others who deal with mental health issues.

go to doctor man

I want off this ride lads

Look you stupid faggots, I love you guys.

So I'm going to drop my sage wisdom upon you all.

I used to suffer from depression and anxiety (worse in winter) until recently when I started supplementing:

B - Complex x2
D3 x2
Multi x 1
Fish oil x 2
Zinc x 1

Honestly the D and B are the most important.

pls run down on what each one helps with

a lot of these guys seem like they havent been depressed
i attempted to an hero twice
its all about keeping postive thoughts no matter what and keep the mind occupied at all times
remember to always lift, if you kys then you better look great in the casket at least thats what I thought
setting goals makes life worth it for a little bit
plan things to look foward to

if you keep occupied before you know it youll be a normie chad with a gf.

pro tip is dont get in a relationship of you have suicidal thoughts still and are fucked in the head.

I don't understand the general opinion about medicines and doctors. If someone is depressed or worse, should he see a professional or not ?

I've heard or read that doctors are either a waste of time or only a temporary solution and that one can and should fight and make it alone, that antidepressant are more often than not drugs and that one should orientate himself toward more natural solution rather than these.

What do you think about it guys ?

same guy
killing urself is a LOT harder than it seems dont put yourself through the motivation process not worth it desu

I talk my issues on the /adv/ discord, it works surprisingly well.

Ride it out, then when the euphoria kicks I it’s like I went heaven and Jesus gave me every kind of drug on earth.

discord.gg/7TCP4Y this is the server, not Veeky Forums related but I guess you can talk fitness stuff or bug the admin to make one.

what was your dream desu?

I can only offer personal anecdotes

B complex drastically increases my mood, water soluble so you piss out what your body can't absorb, same for the rest of them.

D is what your body receives from sunlight, which is the MAIN cause of seasonal depression during winter months, lack of vitamin D.

Mutli to fill nutritional gaps and prevent deficiencies

Fish oil for heart health and blood pressure

Zinc for test boost

me too :(. just hold on, i hope it'll get better

it was a simple dream, learn a language and travel to the country.

My family is very proud of their heritage so I figured I'd learn the language competently enough and travel there. I had no real aspirations for myself other than that. Saved up enough, travelled there and studied at a uni for a while. I loved it

I've been embracing it lately. I'm like this and nobody is gonna help me with it. But I'll be damned if I'm going to wallow under a cloud all my life. I've been pushing myself and been very spiteful towards myself. This winter has helped, I function better in the cold and I love the feeling of my body trying to keep itself warm.

Lifting weights for sure.
Especially deadlifts. Picking ridiculous weight up is the best feel as normie lifters gaze in awe.

>how are you dealing with your depression?
Scotch.

I'm usually happy, but then I hit a wall of depression and become sad for a few days. Performance doesn't change, but I just feel bothered the entire time.

All of a sudden I feel like I'm terrible at fitness related things and I'm doomed to be alone.

>depression
get high as fuck
joggers high... all dat oxygen all dem endorphins

Suicide constantly creeps into my mind and I've lost the motivation and discipline to try or care.

I'm just waiting.

Feel your pain brother, it takes a toll on you after a while. Just flex your 'ceps and realize you got two beautiful babies to look after

How do you self harm?

Meditation

I'm still breathing, so far so good. Though the constant contemplation of my past regrets/humiliations and thoughts of suicide are getting really fucking irritating lately, I'm still looking for that ray of hope that things will get better soon. Just gotta keep fighting on I suppose

Tfw she moved in with her boyfriend. Rip hopes and dreams.

i'm the same bro.

ir gets worse, just wait. you haven’t seen them on vacation or heard stories after they broke up. it gets a lot worse. oh and user, she’s now defiled forever. she’ll never be yours again even if she comes back, and he’ll always be there as another man she “loved” enjoy that. it won’t ever leave you

lifting + several years on Prozac + completely changed lifestyle (moving out of parents house, having a child)

>mmm yummy pills, ooo side-effects? hehe no biggie

Alcohol helps me sleep at night.

Although I'm starting to depend on it more and more to get me through sleepless nights.

>pro tip is dont get in a relationship of you have suicidal thoughts still and are fucked in the head.
Why?

Do you at least count the macros?

I have a psychologist, helps a lot. I really like seeing him because he's gay and I get sexually harassed by gay men all the time so I just bitch at him about his own kind.

Try roseroot.

ok fit need help
>low - moderate depression as long as i can remember
>have not just a high sex drive, but good control. very healthy
>shit goes sideways and have a major depressive episode at 20
> get put on prozac; sleep 16hrs a day, horny all the time, cant cum, put on 20lbs of muscle, still don't feel any better
> get off prozac a year later and i have trouble getting/staying hard
6 years later and i'm still fuked up. halp

What triggered your major depressive episode? How did people around you react?

Meditate nigga.
I needed anti depressants to get me out, but tapered off as soon as I started to get my shit together, you don't wanna become dependent.

Right now I see a psychologist who is a babe and helps me a lot, plus I lift and have a more normal lifestyle. Also meditate

Don’t get help you’re perfectly fine user

I'm recovering from losing (for completely asinine and nonsensical reasons) the only friendship ever I truly felt accepted or understood in by signing up for college and visiting Veeky Forums for a change because being a neet is awful and there is nothing satisfying about my existence as a whole feels satisfying anymore

Had a really rough day today. I'm depressed in addition to being a piece of shit with a piece of shit life. I've had some mood swings over the past week but also some moments of solid clarity and effort. I'm hoping that I'm moving towards more moments like that.

same.

don't really know why i do anything anymore. just kinda do the basic routines to keep up appearances.

you know what bros? innocent kids and teenagers die everyday. whether it's illness or a car accident or something worse like murder. they don;t even get a chance to experience this world as adults. they don't get a chance to really find themselves. they don't get to experience so much.

I keep going and I lift for them. I'm going to do something on this planet for all the people who got fucked over and got nothing.

HOLY SHIT GUYS IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Describe your meditation practice

bad break up.
no one knew how to handle mental illness anything. was away from all support systems.
i have strategies for dealing with my depression now. it's still brutal sometimes and i'm not against medication. i'd like to get my sex life back under control though. shit insurance so it's tough to get what i need

>lifting
>smoking cancer sticks

I really need to quit smoking lads I hate the smell but I swear it prevents
Me from snapping on people and chills me tf out

>spend day with girl
>don't smoke one cig
>as soon as I drop her off pull out the cmacer and smoke

I didn't even think about it once when I was with her but as soon as I dropped
Her off I light one up

Go cold turkey, and channel your aggression in the gym instead, voila.

I've stopped for 3 days before but then shit happend that really stressed me out and I gave in.. was gonna stop after New Years

read the book how to stop smoking

Literally stopped smoking since I read it,opened my mind and I see trough the cancer stick jew.

Okay but I could be doing better, haven’t gone to the gym in a week. I don’t want to stop because, like last time, I did stop going after I’d been going for a a month 3 days a week. It’s discouraging knowing that I’m fucking up my progress. I’ve been going for 2 months now and it’s been really fun.

Onions, garlic and meditation. When I say meditation I mean strict meditation which means no watching TV or playing video games as some people do as a form of meditation, it's eyes closed. As for the onions and garlic, I have no scientific evidence besides the onion pill, Wario and Shrek are just inspiring to me and eating these foods makes me feel like them.

Anger.

I just fill all of my spare time with personal improvement endeavors so that I'm just never be alone with my thoughts. The additional benefit of this is that I'll get good at lots of stuff and become more and more interesting/admirable so then maybe one day, If I'm in the right place at the right time, someone will love me.

>work as PT at same gym for years now
>have a lot of the regulars on facebook
>sometimes stalk their facebook while they workout for fun
>older gym rat shows up
>hitting arms
>looks really sad
>check his facebook
>his wife died 3 years ago today
>see him keep going to the bathroom frequently
>sneak into locker room while he is in bathroom
>someone is crying in the bathroom
>go close facebook
>stare into the distance for rest of shift

Taking test e

>tfw fall asleep when meditating
what do

Go to a cafe and buy a coffee. Just sit there and enjoy being among others.

Im not dealing with it well. My gf cucked me last week and now im single again.

Iktfb

what is the best job to avoid thinking in the moment, doing something is ok, but as soon as I stop it just spirals down to hating yourself

Some of my earliest thoughts I can remember were suicidal before I even knew what suicide was.
I have suicidal thoughts all the time.
It's just normal for me.
I've even convinced myself its not that big of a deal..
The thing is I dont want to die I want to experience life but I don't want to live on a roller coaster everyday..

From what I understand it's not normal to be like that.
What meds should I get on?>

It's a complex issue, and there's no straight answer to those questions.

>He's a pedo though

Hardly a person to look up to, and he is mentally ill

Training 4x-5x/week, eat healthy, try to sleep well and I take Sertraline 50mg. Been on Sertraline for about 2 months now and will keep taking it for about 2-3 more and go off for spring. I don't want to be on them for longer than 6 months but I need them right now to not kill myself during the winter.

I know this feel, but I'm jobless and have too much anxiety to go to inteviews. I should just end it, I'm completely useless at living.

Jew

>>I used to be normal then I had meninjitis that gave me horrible scars on my face, kids would stare at me and parents would have to pull them away. Even at my job i had customers randomly ask me wtf happened to my face. You just gotta keep plodding along, im much more a cunt now, and im alot happier. If a girl insults me because I have scars on my face ill insult her back and be happy these kind of people filter themselves out of my life. The irony is now ive had surgery and laser on my face and my scars are no longer stare worthy and Im way more confident and ballsy than I ever was. Ive shagged hotter girls since. You just gotta get to a stage where its either kill yourself or you just get so angry at the world that you just scream at a wall and say fuck you to life and stop giving a fuck. Thankfully i chose the fuck you route and im reasonably happy now and making progress, went back to college, started swimming again, currently 3rd year MEng and interviewing for some top companies in the coming months.

Things that helped are
friends
Team sports
cooking
music
MDMA with mates
Hard manual labour in construction (lots of comradery)
anything that puts yourself out there - I became a spin instructor that paid me £25 an hour and got me a lot of shags from middle aged married women (sorry not sorry))

I abuse drugs so I can escape from my struggles. The side effects are catching up with me and I get psychosis at times. I see my doctor today and I'm gonna ask her if she can lock me up in mental health for a few days so I can sober up and return to being a functioning human

this. went from seeing demons to becoming a normal boi in 2 weeks.

took me more than a year to get requested the right medicine though

Same for me, life seems to get shittier and more boring and exhausting every day, ending seems like a nice relief but I want to keep going to see how far I can make and hopefully better days can come.
What keeps me from suicide is my gf (who I can only see on weekends which makes me way more suicidal during the week but feel way better when I finally see her), also working out and progressing, and of course drugs: acid keeps me motivated and curious about life, weed and tobacco help me numb my feelings). Also I want to get deeper into spirituality (meditation, yoga, buddhism, consciousness, awareness, etc) and philosophy, unfortunately don't have much time now to improve in these areas.
We're all gonna make it, hopefully.

>Keep room clean
>Keep blinds and room door open so I don't feel trapped
>Daily walks no matter the weather
The cold or rain reminds me I'm actually alive and I go from being really depressed to just normal depressed which is something I can sneak out of
>Trying to get Veeky Forums
>Watch YouTubers that aren't all doom and gloom about the future

DESU the room bit, walks, and fitness are the biggest helps.

try getting into more cheerful music

fuck are you me

Do you have suggestions for the walks in terms of where to walk and how long? There's a park in my city but getting there takes about 15 minutes, so it's 30 minutes of walking already until I reach the park, plus the time I would spend being there.

I just walk around my neighborhood for about 30-60 minutes depending on personal feeling. Part of my neighborhood is aesthetic as fuck and fits the heavily wooded nature all around it so I walk through there.

In general I'd say just walk where you want and leave behind distractions like watches and phones as to better let your eyes and mind wander. Another trick is to wear lighter clothes than you normally would if it's cold outside as the cold will really revitalize you when you just relax and let yourself get used to it.