Is calories in calories out a meme or is it real...

Is calories in calories out a meme or is it real? My friend (he has a six pack and works out every other day) says its a giant meme and he is also my room mate and so I see him eat like 2 pizzas a day and not get fat. What gives Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KHaCKudtVi0
youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if he thought it was a meme he wouldnt be eating pizza like that while being confident about not gaining weight

>are the laws of physics real, Veeky Forums?

There are things in this world that do not obey the laws of physics. Think bruce lee type shit. This man was strong af and he literally was the best there ever was no question about that.

Sodium and carbs also play a role since it stores water and makes you look more bloated.
However, for losing weight its is true, but if you want to look really ripped you also need to drain.

2 pizzas are ~2000 calories. That still leaves 1000 calories open for a medium trained man average size man, bit more if he's bigger or more trained.

even oven pizzas are nearly 2k calories each, which is maybe just under maintenance for a man of average height and weight. two would put him well over his caloric needs unless he spends hours a day training. OP is just an exaggerating idiot

CICO is a meme. Calories out depends on TDEE which varies depending on genetics, hormonal issues, activity levels, food eaten, body composition, and metabolism.

I am not exaggerating. He works at pizza hut and takes home 2 medium peps for free and eats them every single night. Sometimes I have a slice or two but he mostly eats it all unless we have friends over.

>4100 cals of pizza per day
he almost certainly doesnt

I can prove it to you

Fact thin-privileged brainlets can't understand: based on genetics, some people burn more calories than they take it but still gain weight.

>CICO is a meme
>Here's how CO works

Pick one

>muh genetics
Fatty

>some people gain mass from nothing
Wat

You're legit retarded.

chemistry > physics

CICO is not a meme, it's literally physics. If you do not eat (in) what your body expends (out), the energy will be taken from somewhere - muscles, fat, etc.

CICO is the short and simplified version of weight loss. If you eat consistent deficit without cheating for six months, in the end you will have lost weight.

Weight loss is not as short and simple. There are variety of diets and things that affect weight loss, like ketogenic diet, water retention (causes weight loss plateauing), your ratio of lean body mass/body fat (affects which is easier to gain or lose), et cetera

You said your friend exercises regularly and is in good shape, so he can consume a lot of calories daily. You also said he works at Pizza Hut, did he start recently?

Even if he eats two pizzas a day, it's going to take more than a couple of weeks for the weight gain to show. Even more so if they barely go over their maintenance calories. But eventually those pizzas would start to show as fat gain, assuming he goes over his caloric needs more or less.

Please do

You can very easy get pizzas under 1k calories wtf are you on about i have one in the freezer that's 800 calories

It's mostly a meme since Calories in/Calories out is only the proxamite cause for obesity.

The ultimate cause for Obesity has more to do with hormonal imbalances in your body (ghrelin, leptin, insulin, cortisol etc), than anything else. If you don't balance your bodys hormonal levels by eating a proper whole food diet filled with good carbs, fats and protein, you're just going to become unsuccessful, just like 99% of people who try the calories in/calories out diet.

This guy explains it pretty well.
youtu.be/KHaCKudtVi0
youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII