Abs

What exercises should I do to build a good abdominal.
Dont give me that shit about it only being bf%. I ran track and cross country all my life. Im tired of being a lanklet with no abs. if I had abs I could at least justify being skinny.
I started lifting and my stats are all decent. 1/2/3/4 max and I weigh 165 at 6'1~2.

Other urls found in this thread:

startbodyweight.com/p/leg-raises-progression.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QyVq5oUBpss
youtube.com/channel/UCe0TLA0EsQbE-MjuHXevj2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hanging leg raises

How would I weight these because I've been doing these for a couple weeks and 3 sets of 8 reps doesn't do anything for me any more

Hanging leg raises. effective, doesn't take much time, kind of fun, can progress all the way to windshield wipers to keep it challenging.

startbodyweight.com/p/leg-raises-progression.html

3 sets of 8? HAHAHAHAHAHa bro i started working on my abs this month and I do 3 sets of 20

Ok bruh you're pretty cool

Ankle weights, or hold a dumbbell between your feet

Cable crunches and a lean diet are all you need for some killer abs my guy

Sit up 15 rep
Leg raise 15 rep
Jacknife 15 rep
Knee pull in 15 rep
Toe toucher 15 rep
Crunch 15 rep
Reverse crunch 15 rep

Do all seven with no rest in between exercises, rest 2 min, repeat 3x, 3x a week.

photoshop?
I have a pull up bar in my house and theres enough room for knee raises. Can I do that? Also is that a set of 10 exercise or go till failure.

did you read the sticky

It says that abs are made in the kitchen and that all you need for ab definition is compounds.

The sticky is a joke.

Yeah I hate that meme

Squats with weights

Sticky says diet for abs which contradicts the OP

Same fucking way you build anything else
Heavy weights or mechanical disadvantage
Decline situp with weight or weighted leg raises
Don't fuck your spine tho

Abs are like any other muscle. Lift big to get big.

I do decline sit-ups with plates over my head.

30 x no weight
20 x 45lbs
10 x 90lbs

One of my gyms has a great ab machine with resistance which I prefer and I'll do three sets of 10 at 220lbs on that since it's awkward holding plates.

I also do five sets of 10 in each direction on the core rotator with 205lbs of resistance.

Funny story
>going to the beach this past summer with bunch of friends
>qt girl that recently joined our friend group is there
>sometimes seems like she is into me, other times not
>got solid abs from my cut over the spring, ready to show them off to this chick
>be in car, almost at beach
>we’re all drinking in the car and having a good time, qt is getting a bit flirty with me, touching my arms and shit
>finally arrive at the beach, we’re parking
>quick pop 2 xanax and chug my beer
>get onto the beach
>take shirt off, but start to feel a bit weird
>start puking everywhere and running around frantically
>last thing i remember is running into the ocean in a frenzy
>next thing i know i’m waking up in my bed with a terrible hangover.

Off topic Veeky Forums feels like /x/ before the alpacalypse but without the spooks.

>3 sets of 8 reps
user thats diddly fucking squat for abs. I got rock hard abs in 4 months by doing a cycle of dragon flags > leg raises > reverse crunches 3 times with each to failure (except dragon flags because that shits just dangerous).

Crunches/Ab Wheel/Leg raises are good for hitting the obvious 6 of the 6 pack, but if you want to get that V going to need to also incorporate some oblique workouts as well. Most of them are usually have a twisting motion involved, you can even do leg raises where you twist to hit them.

tldr you should be doing at least 3 exercises, and like all exercises you need to be able to increase volume preferably with weight.

this is honestly the answer. If you think that user you're either doing it wrong or you had a pretty solid lower abdomen foundation to begin with. I do hanging leg raises every other day for the past 6 months and I still can't progress past 4 sets of 10-12. You need to go slower or stop swinging your body. Also, fucking superset it with an oblique wire variation or side crunch or decline or cable crunches to really feel the burn.

this is either bait or you're doing something seriously wrong to not have abs. Your bf sucks or you haven't done a single core exercise ever. Add one type of core exercise after every work out for 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps. Do either a lower ab (hanging leg raises are the gold standard), oblique (that wire chop bs and standing oblique crunches work well for me) or core (decline or cable crunches). You build a solid core by doing all the exercises in 1/2/3/4 so idk how the fuck you don't have a shred of abs at your height and weight.

How do I do sit ups and crunches without causing back problems down the line?

sauce

>165 lbs at 6'1 and 1/2/3/4
How? I'm 185 lbs 6'1 with abs and have only hit 1pl8 OHP for 5 and 215x5 bench

the best is weighted declined crunches, if you can't feel a burn with those you have mutant abs, i started doing it with 22lbs, now i do it with 90lbs for 5 and it burns like hell

Im guessing its only because Ive been lifting seriously for 2 or so years and running has been killing muscle growth.

>Hanging leg raises, but do 'em correctly: youtube.com/watch?v=QyVq5oUBpss

You can do a all kinds of variaties on leg raises.
>Russian twists
>Planks

Those should be your main exercizes. Do decline crunches, medicine ball crunches and cable crunches as accesory exercizes, i.e. if you feel like doing them.

But if you do your leg raises, russian twists and planks correctly you will get far

Cable crunches are underrated.

Right looks like a hotter Meghan Markle

>The sticky is a joke.

DELET THIS

I've been doing 3 sets of 50 flutter kicks, russian twists, and leg ups. I'm still having a hard time with my lower abs; I've just added the ab roller, and will try hanging leg raises instead of leg ups

someone post the other one

I fell for this meme. Don't be like me.

But didn't that happen playing pool?

DEJA VU

Subscribe to and watch Athlean X's shit - he has an autistic compulsion for perfect ab exercises, it's like 70% of his content.

youtube.com/channel/UCe0TLA0EsQbE-MjuHXevj2A

With crunches, don't roll all the way up- keep your lower back on the ground.
With situps, don't roll- basically keep your trunk/spine in line like you would with other lifts.

i also fell for this, goddamnit

are planks and its variations any good or is it just a meme exercise?

They're ok

pic related. he never did a single ab excercise

Was just going to say this. The beginning of a new meme?

I like V-ups while holding a weight with my feet or using those strap weights. A few sessions a week with 3×12 of those makes my core more noticeably defined.

me 3
*tips oil injection*

I once heard of a muay thai guy who did 2,000 abs a day.
is that "obertrainin' or can it make everything work quicker??

Than just do leg-to-bar raises (with good form)

Is this an evolving pasta?
>qt is interested
>get into some social situation with her and your friends.
>pop 2 xanax with alcohol
>vomit, loosing control
>"I woke up in my bed with a terrible hangover"

>this wall of text is now a meme
Never had I thought I would miss the simplicity of
>15
>pecs
>solid

it seems like it

pls answer

But it IS about body fat %, and you refuse to acknowledge it, which is why you aren't hitting your goal. Biceps may be made in the gym, but abs are made in the kitchen. If you're a skinny lanklet without abs, as you admit, you're also admitting that you have low muscle mass but a high enough body fat % to hide what you do have.

You want a simple answer? Work on your quads, not your abs. Developing muscle mass anywhere (and quads are a relatively easy place to start) will beef up your anabolic processes and get your BMR in shape to burn fat so those abs start showing. Good luck.

>But it IS about body fat %
Stop with this meme

>it is
it is NOT

You can literally just do nothing but regular sit ups, do about a 100 every day and actually contract that shit properly and slowly. Congrats, you got abs.

Diddly and squat are both great for abs.

how long would it take if you do 500 a day?

About just as long since you will probably do less that a hundred proper reps.

>just as long
and that would be how many weeks??

This so much, a proper decline sit up should have your abs shaking like a leaf while you try to descend slow as fuck on the negative. If you are doing proper ab work hitting a hundred reps is very hard.

>wants a timeframe

Motherfucker you should be doing those 100 reps each day till you die what the fuck do you care how fast it gives results. I'll bite though, I started noticing mine about 1 or 2 months in but again this really depends a lot on what your body state was at starting

>Motherfucker you should be doing those 100 reps each day till you die what
I agree, I just wanted to know whatt to expect realistically

If you are OP (athletic background.. etc) it shouldnt take you more than 10 weeks to have some great abs.

I am going to start doing hanging leg raises, oblique twists and crunches, what rep ranges should i be doing

If you're already pretty Veeky Forums, rope climbs starting on your butt with your legs held straight out. Your abs will hurt as much as your grip and back. Most ab stuff is not high-intensity, but this certainly is.

I do cable crunches on push, planks on pull and hanging leg raises on legs

15-30

what do ya guys think about dumbbell side bends?

I superset them with curls so I don't have to rest or change dumbell. Quick and easy brah

not even 1cc of synthol, baby

>cable crunches
>hanging leg raises
>ab roller
heavy cable crunches absolutely wreck my core

LilPeep-posting

>still spouting this retarded meme
abs are also made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen

I also fell for that stupid meme...

This deserved a (You).

we all fell for that meme
>hurr durr made in the kitchen

why would you be able to grow a muscle without working it out
fuck i hate fitness youtubers

cardio only kills muscle growth if you do it before you weight lift

cardio after does nothing - cardio before tires your muscles out and gives you less energy for exercise

>3 sets of 8 reps
fuck, you don't know anything about abs. you don't work abs like you work your chest or quads.

work those fuckers long and hard. higher repetitions until you can't do them anymore.

Glad this thread is up. Just bought an ab wheel and was fucking around doing rolls incorrectly. Tonight I finally did one with my abs braced and HOLY FUCK I HAVE LITERALLY ZERO MUSCLE IN MY ABDOMEN. Must've fucking torn something goddamn. I've gotta get to business on my crunches.

I like weighted reaches most. They feel comfy while having a nice burn.

Nice. Can't believe people in the QTDDTOT thread were telling me "everyone has abs! Just get low BF!"

fucking horseshit, some people may have them naturally but you've gotta train them to make them pop.

GOTDAMN you're dumb!

"Kills" muscle growth? Building muscle is the same simple logic as losing fat. Losing fat = calories in vs calories out. Simple. Building muscle = Effort + rest + calorie reserve. The only time cardio will take away from muscle growth is if you have been starving yourself before hand.

You do know about sports right? And how athletes play sports? And how they do cardio all the fucking time and can still be ripped as fuck?

"Kills" muscle growth, Jaysus Christ...

REMINDER: WEIGHTED SPINAL FLEXION IS DISGUSTINGLY BAD FOR YOUR SPINE
also trains abs the opposite of the brace you want for squats and other heavy compounds