DOCTORS have been warned by NSW Health not to use words such as “obese” to describe a patient’s weight in case...

>DOCTORS have been warned by NSW Health not to use words such as “obese” to describe a patient’s weight in case they get offended.

>The new guidelines instruct health professionals to use “positive” language when discussing sensitive issues such as weight.

>Doctors have also been told to refrain from using words such as “skinny”, “malnourished” and “morbidly obese” and instead replace them with less-judgmental phrases like “well above a healthy weight”.

news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/why-doctors-cant-tell-patients-they-are-obese/news-story/d3105a9d76ca65821722d769f415ec2b

hmmmmmmm

literally how can people be obese

just don't eat a lot and when you do eat make decent choices. Harder for guys but it amazes me there are obese females

>medical terms become offensive and need to be replaced
I'm tired of this shit, they should nut up and just stick to their existing definitions. The same thing happened with retards; when they changed the definition from retard to developmentally disabled, the only difference was that calling someone developmentally disabled had a lot more punch to it because it wasn't already done to death.

Top kek. Pretty soon we won't even be allowed to tell people that they are overweight or need to lose weight.
Doctor how do I lose weight?
>blank stare, not allowed to speak. Diet and exercise implies patient is lazy and at fault

Top kek. I can't wait for this shit. Literally cannot make this shit up.

this cancer is spreading too fast

This is so fucking stupid. Its like saying we shouldn't refer to depressed people as depressed but as 'Slightly below happy'.

Also do these morons not realize that its not what you say thats triggering, its what you mean by what you say. It doesnt fucking matter if its the word obese, shootybooty or fucking whale. The fact you break someones bullshit idealized version of themselves and point out they are a fat fuck they will get upset because you are being realistic and they are not.

Its called tough fucking love why is everyone so scared of helping others these days.

Feminism. That's why.

good think its in Australia and nowhere else yet

This isnt feminism its some insane broken utilitarianism where all forms of unhappiness even if done for the right cause are completely taboo

Who cares, seriously

History repeats itself. For thousands of years humans in certain cultures have practiced idiotic things which have been detrimental and which because of those detriments have eventually phased out.

Everyone used to smoke and everyone thought it was cool, healthy and fine, now barely anyone does and its dropped year after year. We are just in the upswing for people eating like shit, give it 50+ years and everyone will be treating obesity like they treat smoking.

t. developmentally disabled

soon they will label obesity as:

>Low BFI Deficiency Syndrome

>Australia
The same place that banned flat chested girls?

Its funny you mention smoking as a bad thing for a society because a society can survive a culling of it's older adult population because then nobody has to pay to take care of them and they pass on their accumulated wealth to their kids to invest but now we gotta deal with hordes of worthless old fuckers who will do nothing but suck up resources.

t.developmentally disabled

>Deficiency
>Syndrome
These terms trigger the hams!

Typical New South Wales cucks

new terms morbidly T H I C C and morbidly curvy

That's right, cunt. We banned chestless roasties cus we don't need em shitting up the gene pool.

NSW is cucked

>Can't say morbidly obese
>Must use positive language

"Ma'am, you are positively fat."

Fucking children

>Grandfather Nurgle welcomes you!

it's an addiction, also enablers

>Wake up late
>"Fuck, there goes my day"
>Do nothing all day
>Eat a bunch to feel better
>Stay up past midnight doing nonsense in pursuit of feeling that your day didn't go to complete waste
>Repeat

Videogames with achievements, rewards and leveling are popular because they give a sense that you did something with your day.

>obese females

We live in a society that used to spoil women by having them sit at home and get fed, and evolved into a society where they have additional benefits and are told they are special. The vast majority of women in developed countries lead a sedentary life and go through no difficulties and life experiences that would give them a sense of achievement and build character. With no character they have no interests from which to get pleasure, a sense of achievement or just stuff to spend their time on. Hence they overeat. Then some contract feminism and have to eat even more in order to balance the perpetual grief with the joy of eating.

struth m8 u r a fucking whale

nigger
colored
negro
african-american
black

all of these terms were used to describe people of african descent in the US by this order. As they are used to describe black people they inevitably become charged with bad connotations and must be changed from time to time

Maybe what's bad is not the word, but the thing the word describes. Really makes me think

I tell them obese if they are, hell, I'll even tell them if morbidly or super-obese, I show no fucking mercy.

Medfag btw

Physician here. Pharma companies and drug reps encourage us not to give patients any diet or exercise advice.

Another fun fact: Medical school requires you to take a total of zero courses on nutrition and exercise, so unless they somehow specialized in it, none of them actually know anything about it except for "drink more water" and "salt and trans fats are bad"

RIP Western society

find this hard to believe. smells like bullshit.

Metabolic issues, high blood pressure/cholesterol, and heart failure are a trillion dollar industry. If we started actually fixing the patients instead of filling them up with medicine until they die a miserable and expensive death, pharmaceutical companies and the FDA wouldn't make nearly as much money.

Deny it all you want. I see it happen all day every day. The health of the general population is a complete joke and there are no efforts to repair the source of the problem, just the symptoms. Out of my 86 patients, 85 of them wouldn't be under my care if they had a nutritious diet and got a little bit of exercise a few times a week, but those 85 people are worth more to the industry than any of us will earn in our lifetimes combined.

I know my girlfriends mother was hit as a kid until she ate, as a kid and had no idea about portion control and used to get hit if she didn't eat everything on her plate (which was too much) so she was forced to over eat as a kid and it became habit. She wants to fix it but its become so ingrained into how she lives and shes having problems.

Maybe she should take some responsibility for herself and correct her problems? Whiteknighting like this is really quite pathetic.

fml this is me, except the eating. help

Shitty food is engineered to be addictive. Look at the labels on the stuff obese people eat. It's full of salt, several forms of sugar, and all sorts of chemicals that make the experience almost drug-like.

Also there's a stigma on food where convenience is put over quality, and this myth hovering over us all that the shitty food is cheaper, when in reality healthy recipes are just as cheap, if not far less expensive in most cases. If you're raised on all the foods filled with chemicals, hormones, and outrageous amounts of salt/sugar, you grow accustomed to it and it's as hard to shake as any other bad habit.

The average person doesn't have that much willpower, and even if they did the education just isn't there. Fad diets and get skinny quick schemes rule the market, resulting in people trying it, realizing it doesn't work, and accepting their fatness as a result.