/fat/ - Christmas dinner anxiety edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

What changes have been the best so far in your weight loss? What keeps you going, /fat/?

Confess.

stop being fat

Ate a bag of Cheetos, 330 calories I’ll never get back father

I weighed in 3 KG lower than this months target, farther, I feel amazing

Why?
good work my son

Forgot to eat enough protein today.

Can of tuna fixed that right up though.

Just ate 10 chicken tendies. My calorie counter app told me one tendie is 83 cals so in total its 825 cals. Its my final meal of the day and I've gone about 200 cals over my limit.

How many days of fasting to get a flat belly from pic?

6ft

What if I enjoy being a fat fuck? I worked so hard for this big body over the last two years.

You won't enjoy type 2 diabetes user

I’m healthy and my gf loves me.

Please don't starve yourself to lose weight. It take a lot of will power and you end up looking worse because you'll be losing muscle mass as well as fat. Just try to keep a relatively high protein diet while cutting out junk food

Don't fall for obv bait

I’ve been together with her for three years. She confessed that she is a feeder and I decided to accept her kink. (Don’t worry, I made sure she doesn’t stay slim either.)

Cool, you're both crazy.

How's the exercise going /fat? About to head on out for a 45 minute swim myself- desperately needed as it was my anniversary this weekend and to say I feel sluggish is an understatement.

All worth it though, pick related. (Carrot and walnut cake with coconut cream cheese icing, and a loose leaf earl grey.) Easily 600 calories a slice, if not more. At least it was shared,

had soft drink these past two days. Throwing out the rest of the bottle because fuck me it will put me off track.

Went to iHop with some friends last night and had 4 pancakes with syrup, but it’s okay, I’m not fat, plus I was there to socialize and have fun, not to count every calorie like a sperglord

Looks good as fuck, homemade?

Mom handed me a hostess cup cake and I ate it.

Went to the gym after a weekend of drinking, binging and vomiting what I binged. Managed to keep the same weight on the bar but dropped a couple of reps on the exercises.

Definitely felt the weight of my sins today, not drinking again for a few months, fuck new years I don't care. Maybe a failure is what you need to understand what's important

Get rid of the cake and start again, out of sight is often out of mind

Looks good though

Not by me, but the cafe bakes all their own cakes - it’s teacup in Manchester if you want a browse of what else they do, awesome little place.

Loosing weight has taught me that if something is going to be a huge amount of calories then it best taste amazing.

Oh, I wouldn't dare bake anything at home- you're very right that out of sight is out of mind. It was a slice whilst we were out.

Good job on getting back to the gym though. You'll be fine in a few days- the main thing is you let it just be a weekend and get back on the wagon.

While out it's better to just have something instead of being an autist and getting weird looks, assuming it fits the calorie targets of course

Cheers for the encouragement, hopefully next time goes better.

Reminder that bouillon counts as a meal to your body but has no calories making it the ultimate ruse

I had two coffees with milk and cinnamon today, no sugar though.

Fuck off Varg, go impregnate your dumb fat wife, you worthless piece of shit.

Who /preholidayfast/ here? Day three, feeling light headed. Also I drank saltwater and now I have the shits despite nothing being in me but water.

What has been the best feel or best thing that's happened to you since you've started losing weight?

Also what's your progress?

>more confidence, compliments
>slowly getting a masculine physique, despite the damage caused by being a fat child
>learning real, working facts about nutrition and training instead of being lost in all the misinformation and myths and beliefs
>more energy and better finesse

Intermittent fasting and cutting all day everyday already

Instead of meal prepping I will cook fresh stuff over the holidays to keep myself busy.

>tfw getting fat again cause I was bulking but stopped going to the gym because of an injury but didnt stop eating so much
Today's the day I go back for the first time in over a month, I'm gonna be fucking ashamed at all the progress I've lost.

>went home early to see my family for the holidays
>ate like garbage all week
>gained 2 lbs

Could be worse I guess. I think it was the beer mostly. Drank like 12 beers in a three day period.

Fitting in Larges now. Feels great. 5'11" 192 as of this morning. I want to get back to the point when I'm a largedium.

Sounds weird probably but one of the best feels for me is being able to enjoy a cheat meal every once in a while.

It feels great to work hard and eat less all the time so that when a special occasion comes up I can just enjoy myself without feeling guilty or feeling as though I'm being judged by everyone else.

Down 70 lbs so far with about 30 more to go to my goal weight. Although I'm starting to realize that even once I reach that goal weight I'll probably want to go lower.

Same here bro. Took another user's advice and treated myself to some fitted clothing (I'm very cheap). Holy crap, at work I'm wearing 40waist, bought 36waist yesterday. Not quite there (34 is goal), but the confidence boost is happening. XL's were loose, so I bought a Large and hoping I won't look too chubby.

>Although I'm starting to realize that even once I reach that goal weight I'll probably want to go lower.
I know that feel. My goal is 178 right now because that's the just getting into normal bmi for my height but ultimately the goal is getting abs which will be the long haul. I'm biting off a chunk at a time to help my focus.

Feels great doesn't it? I throw away clothes almost never. I still have shirts from high school and I'm 33. Good thing t-shirts never go out of style. The farther I go back in my closet the fitter I feel. Might need a new suit when I get to goal though. I think the biggest accomplishment to me is my belt. It's now starting to curl outward from the left side loop.

I finally hit my target of >180 (175) but now I need to get back to the gym, I REALLY don't wanna look like an NYR

Calories you eat on Christmas don't count, right?

yep

Sup /fat/bros, long time lurker first time poster. I've been trying to diet for years and years, each one leaving me heavier than the last. I think the problem was that I would try to change too quickly and end up binge eating by the end of the day. A few days ago I wrote down a list of everything making me fat. Stuff like sugary drinks, taco bell, and donuts etc. By the time the list is complete I will have no junk food in my diet. Is this a stupid idea on my part? Also should I do cardio (C25K) as well as lifting (GSLP)? 5'11 225 LB here.

I started working out daily so that I can eat like shit. I've gained 3lbs since then.

Standard advice is download My Fitness Pal and start tracking calories. Food with processes sugar you should definitely cut out and other junk food will need to go. Put 2lbs a week into my fitness Pal a d eat at deficit, you'll still have plenty to eat but it's better to transition to healthy eating than small amounts of shit food.

Definitely start lifting even if it's bodyweight or shitty machines better than nothing. Ç25K CA t hurt I did it

Started at roughly your stats in Jan and I've lost over 60lbs

Similar situation for me about a year ago.
>First cut off pizza, burgers, donuts, soda, milk. Keep up protein with fish and chicken
>After a month or so cut out useless sugars in all forms, no more applesauce, no more granola.
>After another month stop eating out entirely.
This is where it gets hard. You roam the grocery store without seeing anything you can buy. You are now on the Veeky Forums sticky. Greens, chicken, and healthy fats are your friend now.

Try binging on bone broth

They count DOUBLE
Ur fukd user

never gonna make it

>being able to wear a medium shirt size
>being able to fit into jeans
>not being the fattest out of all my friends
>not being the fattest in my family

physically I am well and improving almost every day

mentally however I'm still 320 pounds and it stinks

going home from uni for holiday break has me very excited but also very nervous

>get to go back to home gym and workout with friends
>be able to count calories again
>get back to my physical job for a little while

but
>going to eat like shit for christmas and christmas eve (plus leftovers so it's around 4 days total)
>going to eat like shit for my birthday

I need my willpower to be at it's ultimate level for these next 32 days

>tfw you're no longer the "fattest guy in the room" most of the time

then again in America that's hardly a feat. Even at my fattest I often wasn't the fattest one in a room with more than 10 people.

>medium
>320 pounds
Haha that must be american sizes, a medium here is like 160 pounds you fat cunt

>best part about weight loss is wearing size medium

>MENTALLY however I am STILL 320 pounds

From one yuropoor to another: reading comprehension, motherfucker

I used to weigh 320. I said mentally it still feels like i'm at that weight

last week I weighed in at 163

Awesome progress m8 congrats

I'm surprised you still mentally feel 300 lbs though. Even just dropping from 280 down to 200 so far I feel a world of difference in terms of mindset and confidence.

Set an allowance for yourself for the holidays, allow yourself a bit of leeway and don't feel guilty, then hop back on normal routine. It's just a couple of days.

I realised my mistake but it was too late, at least I got the size to weight estimate exactly spot on though.

Got my bf, im a bit below 14% but i still feel so fat and i still have manboobs

A month is going to have some effect, but you'd be surprised how much strength you retain, assuming your diet is alright

I had a week-long flu and my lifts got better, I managed to eat alright and didn't have too high fever

Coworker offered me a cookie he baked last night and I accepted and ate it without even thinking about it until I was halfway finished with it

>Class has some sort of breakfast end of the year thing where everyone brings something
>Okay, guess I can bake a cake since it's easy and effortless
>Teacher calls in sick and tomorrow there's no class
>I have a chocolate cake sitting inside my fridge waiting to be eaten

Remember, even if you do make it, it won't be for long.

Not that non, and I have only dropped 20-25lbs, and I feel way more fucking confident, but there are times when I get "fat brain". That part that thinks you have a massive gut because you hunch to look at it, but really when you stand straight is fucking so much less etc. Feeling like you still need to wear your old clothes sizing etc. You know, I'll probably feel different in another 50 pounds, but for now it's still there.

There has been a massive boost in confidence overall though.

Throw it out it give it to family. That or cut it into small portions that you can calorie count and freeze it for social treats.

If you don't think you can handle it though, find a friend/family member to take it, or throw it away mate. Not worth the pain if binging.

i dropped 97lbs and my tummy bf is as low as my buddy's that never been that fat and i still think im super fat

It's a good start just tracking what you eat, how much, and how much energy they contain. With ice cold honesty.

>list of everything making me fat

You probably know this but a single food doesn't make you fat, it's the amount you eat. You can eat just 1000 calories worth of chocolate and lose weight, but it's not healthy.

Start off by tracking what you eat and how much, like you are planning to do. Then start adjusting how much you eat and what you eat, and aim for a calorie limit (around 1600-2000 will usually work).

For exercise try to look up a simple weight lifting routine so that you just get used to going to the gym and doing different exercises. Start lightly, don't set too many expectations - aim to learn how to do exercises like bench press, overhead press, squat, rows and deadlift properly. They are great compound exercises that should be the basis of any routine.

You can incorporate cardio in there too, but remember that eating is the most important part (say "80%") and exercise is the rest of it ("20%"). Weight lifting requires a lot of energy both while training and afterwards for recovery, and training your muscles to become bigger will help minimize loose skin for one. It's not a bad idea to do both cardio and lifting either.

This is a very short and generalized introduction and you're going to have to figure out the rest of it as you go, good luck

Where and how did you get it measured?

my buddy is a nutrition student and he did it
but im still a bit skeptical about the results

yeah i don't know what's wrong with me. this is honestly probably the lowest i've weighed since maybe 6th grade. for some reason I still think i'm huge and odd. when around a lot of people i still feel like the elephant in the room (literally) and still am afraid to do things I could never do when i was obese (for example, sitting on a chair that isn't so sturdy makes me so worried i'm going to break it when realistically i'm not)

also roughly 7~8 months ago I talked to this girl who was great, except for the part where she told me she could never be physically attracted to me and could only love me as a friend even though she enjoyed my personality and kindness

also I can't really differentiate between loose skin or fat. i'm short so idk if my boobs are mainly skin or still fat, same with my stomach area

but i'm surviving, so far

BI-scale, calipers or other?

If it was one of those bioimpedance scales, did it have sensors for both arms and feet or just feet?

dude i dunno its was that thing that pinches you lol im not smart

From personal experience, I'm pretty sure that's because a lot of people who do succesfully lose weight do so in a retarded way

>be me around 8 years back
>no idea about nutrition, just going by my intuition, but my willpower is strong as fuck
>starve myself a good portion of the time, do retarded meme diet shit like seperating nutrients and stuff
>reach goal weight
>balloon back up with interest two years later

and I guarantee you that is because I had no idea what the fuck I was doing, and my weightloss regime was definitely unsustainable in the long run

>be me now
>lost 25 kg over the course of about a year and a half
>maintaining my goal weight succesfully for months now

Why? because now I know that the key to be full without eating like a pig is to eat plenty of protein and plenty of fiber (both of which are satisfying as fuck), avoid sugar since it makes me hungry as fuck and count calories, which isn't really all that hard once you get used to it. I can even still binge on junk food from time to time too, the key to that is not to be retarded about it and do it every day, but rather do it once every two weeks the most, and that way you will actually enjoy it rather than viewing it as a regular meal.

TLDR: it can definitely be maintained if you somewhat know what you're doing and you're not a retard about it.

Thanks for reading my blog.

Any loose skin?

I guess I should start fasting since dieting will lose me maybe a pound a week but fasting will lose me a pound every 2 days.

Best advice I can give is to just be an actor. It sounds dumb but it works.

Think of someone you know who seems to always be cool and confident and just start asking yourself what they would do in this situation and give it your best shot as an actor even if you don't actually feel confident about it at all. If you start getting used to doing that pretty soon it won't really be an act and you'll be able to just enjoy yourself and be natural.

The loose skin/manboobs thing does suck. I'm starting to deal with that myself. Wearing a tight undershirt helps but the best thing is to just look at old pics of yourself and remind yourself that even with manboobs and a bit of stubborn abdominal fat/skin you still look weight better than when you were 300+ lbs.

Also if you smoke weed at all you should consider taking a long break. Like 3 months minimum. That stuff really can fuck with your self image and your perception of what other people think about you.

Feeling better about myself, lighter. More capable of doing things. Not having my legs chafe together anymore, not running out of breath when I’m going up stairs, changing outifits is way easier. More energy and a better outlook on life honestly. And the compliments from people and praise I’ve gotten is pretty nice too. Had a few girls flirt with me but I’m still too autistic too flirt back.
SW: 316
CW: 240
GW: 170

You can't be pressured into social eating if you have no friends.

i feel like shit. just pure shit.. ive been talking to this girl online for a while. and she wants to meet me next year. problem is i am fucking fat, but i'm anonymously fat, because i look okay under clothes so video chats are not a problem.

i'm in ultra discipline mode right now when it comes to food. i'll be using my fitness pal again, and trying to get at least 1500 calories a day with at least 100 grams of protein. i cant be bothered to get all this shit perfect any more. i have to make a move or i will lose the only person that i will ever care about.

pic related is me.. when i bend over ,my gut falls in thew middle, as if its loose skin but doesnt look that horrible.... i hope

>Not having my legs chafe together anymore
>current weight 240

wat. at my lightest in high school I was 5'10" 165 lbs and my legs would still get chafed if I walked more than like 5 or 6 miles in a day.

>sick as fuck
>only thing that sounds good is an icecream concrete
Get me out

Get out soyboy you aren't fat

>not rubbing half a tub of vaseline onto your thighs before walking any significant distance
You were asking for it, always lube up

>durr theres tons of fat people here, i'll just post my skinny ass here so everyone can see how far ahead i am. kill yourself.

Fell off the wagon last 4 days during a heat wave. Exercise seemed too annoying already drenched in sweat and I ate more convincing myself that if I wasn't tired from the calorie deficit I'd be motivated to work out. Gained about 2 kg. Still below initial weight by about 0.4kg/wk, any setback can be worked off, there's no magic reason fat people are fat beyond not wanting to put down the fork

blind ?

im literally morbidly obese

can't get one past this guy

I felt hungry so instead of eating I had a mug of bouillon with some butter in it and now I'm all sorted for basically no calories.

>butter

Are you sure?

Compared to an entire meal a tiny bit of butter is no problemo

Bit of a blog post because only Veeky Forums could understand...
>been crazy busy with work the last two months
>two weeks back I slipped on ice and hurt my back something dreadful
>doctor put me on pain meds that made me slow in the head, still had to work 12+hour days
>on top of moving house and all the stuff Christmas entails
>Doctor took me off the meds yesterday
>Today was the first day I've felt clear in the head in two weeks
>Finished moving in
>Work is out for Christmas
>Baked a good few of the Christmas cakes I was going to
>Bought all the gifts I need but one
But the bad news is, I've lost so much progress. I'm back up to my unhealthy weight of 106 kilos, and judging by how fat and weak I feel, I don't even want to think about the state my lifts are in.
No less; it is almost one at night, and damned if I won't put in a workout and hit the sauna before I let myself sleep - nice thing about my new place is that I can fit my power rack in the basement, where there's also a sauna and a freezer I've stocked with that glorious chicken of the sea; the saithe - I do so miss the good feeling after a workout, and that great feeling of being in control of my own body.
I sincerely believe we're all gonna make it brahs. Thanks for being around, and merry Christmas to all of you.

Merry Christmas bro, thanks for the blog post

>Lost some weight over the past months
>Still 70kg left until goal, but already I'm starting to think different
>See fatty on street and think how the hell do they get like that
Any other fats-getting-fit disgusted with other fats and how you used to be?

rate my day /fat/
I had five guys because today was the last day of finals and i found out that i got a 97% in one of my classes

T. Fitnesslet here, does this work the way I think it does?
>Eat something for 1000 cal
>Exercise off 2000 cal
>Eat something else for 1000 cal
>Exercise another 2000 cal off
>Lose weight

I see where you're at, and while you're certainly on the right path, you oughtn't think poorly of others. Negativity, hatred, disgust and anger are ugly feelings, and I think you'll find yourself much happier without them filling up your head. Be positive, helpful and inspiring instead, and you'll even feel better.

Good man, more productive that something like watching movies or playing games; try to learn new skills in the kitchen while youre at it

guys i'm gong to attempt a metabolic reset for the next week, wish me luck.
>going to slowly raise caloric intake to 2000
>going to work out muscles as much as i can in this time
>drink a shitload of green tea
sounds good? i've been at this CICO thing since late february. went from 314 to 227.

it's so fucking hard to fast for an entire day

I'm so god damn hungry right now

Thanks user. I do also think, maybe they're on the same path so I shouldn't judge, then they go do something like order 3 meals at McDonalds. I literally saw that the other day