Powerhobbying General -/PLG/

For the purpose of becoming stronger at hobbylifting.

>if you aren't wearing a cpap to sleep, you're a bitch twink with a twig neck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4jSpPPHhhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for 18inch neck

who is this semen demon in the pic?

>working at gym
>musclefu is there
>ask her if she minds if put on some metal
>ew no I hate metal

Dropped and de-waifued

Chris Duffin

Someone tell me how to cure sleep apnea.

Just close your eyes and sleep how is this shit difficult. And this bullshit about not breathing come on dude, your body should know by now how to breathe even if you don't consciously make it.

yeah you're probably right LOL

ill close my hands around your throat

"TRY AND BREATHE BRO, COME ON YOUR BODY SHOULD KNOW HOW"

>Someone physically trying to murder me vs
>My own body is refusing to perform vital functions with no outside interference
Hmmm.

Your own body trying to suffocate you seems like the most literal GDE thing I've heard of desu

its not your body not breathing, its trying to breathe but the muscles in your neck have relaxed and blocked the airway

you dont stop breathing, your breathing is restricted

you literally have no concept of what apnea is

hurr durr y yur body 4get bref

Anybody here track their weekly volume?

I measure mine in tons.

This week is:
Squat - 7.6 tons
Pressing - 9.5
Deadlift - 9.0

If your volume isn't going up year to year, you're staying weak.

>going up year to year

where does it end? do you plan to train 24/7 eventually? how will you increase volume then?

>where does it end?
Injury or retirement.

>do you plan to train 24/7 eventually?
No. But putting small, incremental increases in volume can keep you progressing for years.

>how will you increase volume then?
More weight on the bar. More reps. More sets. More lighter variations.

>m-muh neck muscles are t-too big to breathe
Jesus christ

id say its more of a bell curve, as the weights get really big the volume will drop as fatigue management comes into play

Maybe with an increase in gear doseage.

Yeah because you increase volume as you get stronger but at some point you become so strong that your body struggles to breathe so you can't handle as much volume or you'll have a heart attack

an 800+ squatter cannot just keep increasing volume, he wouldnt recover

volume can only increase to a point

Volume must go up through an athletes career if they are to progress. It might only be noticeable at a yearly level at that strength.

So 2017s volume should be lower than 2018s if you plan on progressing.

Fuck off twink

i fully agree with you on that, what im saying is it will have to drop at some point in order to be able to recover, where that point is will be different for each individual

its only some banter between the boys no need to get upset

I want to die

It's good to note though that most lifters, competitive or otherwise will never get big enough/strong enough to reach that point where they need to decrease volume significantly in order to recover/progress.

you guys are both correct

Volume must go up but it isnt a fixed point. As you get stronger after a certain strength level you wont be able to handle the same amount of volume as you would as an intermediate for example

so think as it being a line that determines volume on a logarithmic scale, but there are multiple lines for each strength level and it shrinks after a certain point

Does this make sense

>missed squat pr
>missed deadlift pr
>broke my pb on bench
t'day was g'day

Oh, of course.

Big guys might need to drop volume for months for a meet.

Do something about it.

I just repped my max bench for an easy two (2)
If I wasn't a fat shit I might have actually been happy or something

Any lads here with smooth pearly skin? My skins covered in acne, stretch marks, random little red spots.
No matter how much I moisturise, clean my face and clean my bedding.

I think I have some nasty hormone imbalances

I don't think a straight man can be well adjusted if he says something like "smooth pearly skin" might as well wear a bane mask to sleep and go full homo.

>tfw I embraced the 20-25% bfat but with big arms and chest
It's like achieving enlightenment

>tfw really fatigued after deadlifts yesterday
systemic fatigue is a bitch, didnt sleep too well either

and i need to study as well cant even get off the couch. Does anyone know this feel

yes, my sleep is so bad that my fatigue never dissipates and during the day i can only sit on the couch unable to even nap

are you sure you didn't sleep due to sleep apnea? get a sleep study and get a bane mask.
the deadlift rises brother

I know that feel man. I remember it even more when I did TM on a cut for 3 months lel.

>cant even get off the couch.
>during the day i can only sit on the couch unable to even nap

What is wrong with you lazy, out of shape GDEs?

Get on that cpap bro. Youre gonna sleep like a baby again. Reminder that sub 18inch necklets should consider rock collecting.

No you don't see they're the opposite of GDE's! They're so strong that their neck muscles stop them from breathing when they relax!

Sup /plg/ is my form any good? I'd like to get more into powerlifting but no one at my gym does it so I can't get any help or advice and I don't want to snap my shit up.

youtube.com/watch?v=n4jSpPPHhhQ

Twinks dont understand how much energy it takes to move grown up body.

Good form tbqh, don't go too crazy at the end with hyper-extension.

You need to lose weight though you have moobs lad.

Okay cool, i'll watch that.

It's just puffy fucking nipples. pretty fucking embarassing

So when have you guys realized that all those garagebro "memes" are not actually memes and are just solutions to problems people had but were just ignoring them because of true meme which is gde.

also find a new gym a commercial joke gym like that won't get you strong and will make complacent.

Would prefer a more side angle. A bit jerky off the floor but smooth otherwise. Your setup looks sloppy imo but the execution isnt awful. You're also using an old school bodybuilder belt aka garbage, so I'm hoping thats something you found in your gym and not your own. Get a real powerlifting belt.

Mostly good though. I'm not skilled enough myself to give you any more helpful advice.

By the literal definition of a meme, they are memes.

Oh and how much of your max was that? Or was it your max?

This gym is the best one in the town I live in. My choices are limited here. There's 12 racks to work with where every other gym is lucky to have two or three.

To be fair outside of the 100 rep upper body "meme" everything else Gbro says I already was implementing from being a sad fuck that watches shitloads of Westside, SS, EliteFTs, Dave tate and CWS.

I'm not sure what my max is, I pulled that three more times without videoing myself. Like I said in my OP, i'm worried that if I go too big without proper coaching/help i'll injure myself.

That sucks, well continue with it then till you can move on to a strongman/pl/oly gym.

What about cpap mask?

Yeah that's my belt. 30 bucks at sportchek, thought I was getting a hell of a deal. What is the approved belt around here?

Outside of literal sub 80iq retards most people know when their form is shit. So just videotape yourself and be honest and critical.

Knees lockout too early which is why barspeed slowed down hard near lockout

Unfortunately/fortunately I'm not a bigguy4u (86 @ 5'7)

>2x2 squat @100%

Isn't 100% supposed to be 1rm, am I being a brainlet here?

What should I try to do to avoid that next time?

Whats your neck size?

If you want to get into powerlifting just get any belt from the approved list on IPF. These are going to be 100-200 dollars. But if you choose the measurements with some thought you're probably not gonna need to buy a new one ever.
Well in general as long as your back is straight you're fine. Your lower back doesn't look 100% convincingly neutral in the video but you're fat and filming from below so it's not certain.

Almost 18 (17.8) inches just measured

Get that cpap mask.

>Your lower back doesn't look 100% convincingly neutral in the video but you're fat and filming from below so it's not certain

The honesty is refreshing kek. So when you say neutral, that means straight right?

That's okay lad I sleep with no issues, only times I get issues is if I stay up too late shitposting or if I start getting symptoms of over-training.

well for now, but soon you'll be over 18 inches. Better get that mask now

Yes. It is actually a bit hard to tell with bigger guys, muscle or fat, where their lumbar actually is.

No. If no symptoms you don't need to preemptively treat yourself much less based on advice of a gym-rat.

Pull more with the back

>thought my form was off for the longest time from filming myself, tried anything under the sun to fix it
>find out through trial and error and having a more experienced pl watch me that I just have super thicc erectors and my spine is actually gucci, has been for ages
haha

same but then I slipped a disc

Lol, get bent, disclet.

post vid

>lecture about obesity
>3 whales left
Lmoa cant make this shit up they looked so mad.

i just pooped really hard and now i have a headache

>headache
How thick is your neck? You mighthave sleep apnea

Did you go to that meet and hang out with friends?

I once had lower back pain after huge shit

topkek

i had to push really hard
imagine pushing out an rpe 10 bench grinder
yeah, it was that bad
i need some asperin

do you think I live in the midwest

You need some fibre I bet if you counted your intake from natural sources you won't even come up to 20g

Tbh I ended up buying pic related for 70 eu and I love it only sad part is I ended up deciding to lose some weight and 8kg down I'm down to the second last hole when I get it tight...

Just bulk up lmoa

I think you are a pathetic virgin who is jealous of a fat balding boy in the Midwest.

lmao fibre
my diet is 100% meat
fibre is for nerds

That's caused from having too much excess weight, not from having a thick neck. You are next level retarded. Lose weight fatty

Eat your fibre guys 100 reps of fibre per day

>RPE scale on your shits
Sean, you need to start using this

>100 grams* of fibre

Amber is qt breeding stock.

Unlike your manface waifu, you weeb shit stain.

Don't forget 100 gas mask breaths every morning

how do i know if i have sleep apnea

ive had years of terrible sleep

it's simple
you know you have sleep apnea when you die in your sleep because you're dumb enough to stop breathing

I mix that in my CPAP mask

Post your Instagram NOW