Incline

>easier on shoulders, less prone to injury
>more upper pec activation
>gives you a better overall chest

when did YOU realize incline bench is superior to flat bench?

myfitregimen com incline-vs-flat-bench/

just shortly before realising that dips are superior to both

>bench

Is DECLINE bench a mene?

nobody cares about the upper chest. Lower chest is where it's at. Incline is a meme exercise.

Incline + Dips + Flyes = Best for total chest development

>the heavier one isn't better
no
>supporting yourself with something NOT perpendicular to the bar path
oh HELL no

Press/bench/squat/diddly/clean/pullup master race, the rest is a waste of time. OK you can do dips for hypertrophy at the end of workouts. But incline and decline are absolute and utter maymays

i do heavy dips instead of bench

However, inclide dumbbell press>>>flat dumbbell press

when doing incline barbell, where should the bar touch my chest? upper chest, or middle chest like regular bench?

Always hurts shoulders more

below clavicle above nipples

Despite all the memes I've never found weighted dips to hurt my shoulders but BB pressing kills them.

I stick to DBs and Dips.

Only shitty thing is that one pl8 equivalent standing OHP (70s I guess) is a lot fucking harder.

Apparently DBs are better for mass and muscle activation. Although BB does activate this more on every lift. DB OHP hits the lat and rear delts more though.

Only problem is that you have to jump 10 pounds each time you go up and core stabilization on standing heavy DB OHP is a lot harder.

pectorals are indeed split into upper and lower

incline is good for upper and hits shoulders a bit but doesn't hit lower

so you need incline AND bench or dips

yes

>not having both "normal" and incline in your chest routine

what about bbrows?

Always.
DB incline is even better

they're okayyyy and I enjoy them but they shouldn't take priority over any of those others. Also they're very cheatable so they're not really a max lift. Maybe for end of workout/assistance/hypertrophy like dips. And while thy fill in the middle of the upper back overall pullups do way more for aesthetics

it depends on the individual. some need incline, some need regular bench press to develop a good overall chest.

again, it depends on the individual. if not done 99% correctly you will fuck up your rotator cuffs

it isnt. advanced people do it additionally to hit the chest from more angles.

is incline harder to do than normal bench? As in, would someone's 1rm be lower on incline than normal

This

When I realized I was a man and wanted a chest like Zyzz and not boobs.

Not doing
Flat
Incline
Decline
>rotate between bar and dumbbells
Flys
Cable world
Weighted dips.
Pushups.

Never gonna make it user

wtf is that thing

just do both retard

a commie

Moldylocks, some antifa bitch that got punched by an alt right dude

lol

I've started doing landmine press and I prefer that to incline. Even easier on your shoulders, no need to worry about retracting them or anything, just press as hard as you can without fear of fucking your shoulders up. The narrow arm position at the top contracts the pec better too, but obviously not as big a stretch at the bottom.

Also it's just nice with something other than the usual BB/DB/Cable exercises.

Although they are pretty great I'm too concerned about long term health.

I think dips will fuck up your shoulders if you go too hard or too long without perfect form.

if it's difficult for you, no.

dummie.

How is it easier on the shoulders?

liberalism is a disease

a victim of manlet rage

>mindlessly shilling SS this hard
>Rippetoe himself teaches incline bench in SS and says it's a phenomenal assistance exercise
Dummie

>not being the madman and only developing upper chest

why don't you find out?

>phenomenal assistance exercise
>assistance exercise
>assistance
When OP says it's better than flat bench. No way.

Don't get me wrong, it's the 4th best compound pressing motion, there's just no reason to do 4 compound pressing motions

Define liberalism.

>Upper chest

>everybody has the same goals as me
>everybody has the same needs as me
>everybody's bodies respond to specific forms of stress in exactly the same way as mine
I'm a huge SS fan, but you're a dumb parrot. Take your head out of your ass. There's no reason for YOU to do incline press. Other people have reason to.

Sum1 pls tell me. I have a bad shoulder, should I be doing incline instead of flat?

> easier on shoulders
not on mine, user.

think it's great. I do close grip incline bench twice a week now and im almost at 2pl8s. My chest have grown more in the past few months than they ever did for years. My flat bench went up about 25% aswell.

what do you do then pumpkin?

Come on man, if you wanna argue about what lifts are better you have to hold things like "needs" constant

I am actually stronger on incline with dumbbells compared to flat. Path feels shorter to me.

Why are all you idiots bitching about shoulder pain?
You do realize you can narrow your grip right? You do realize that some of the best powerlifters bench with a narrower grip right?
Incline is okay but studies have shown time and time again that flat bench activates your chest more.
>Dips instead of bench
I did this too before I realize that truly heavy dips (100+) will wreck your shoulders and make your chest look like shit. Fantastic finisher after flat bench.

>yfw when RGBP activates upper chest 30% more than standard flat bench press
>compared to 7% for incline

reverse grip bench is a FUCKING AMAZING exercise brehs, give it a shot

>if not done 99% correctly you will fuck up your rotator cuffs
>too long without perfect form

so will any other exercise. dips are great for your shoulders if you do them right.

>have home gym
>bench isn't adjustable
>afraid to shim it in case it topples over mid-rep
Life is suffering

Dips are fucking garbage, one of the very highest injury rate movements ever

Good for beginners though

sometimes I wish I was 4' tall so I walk around larping as a fantasy halfling

Most likely pushups lol. They’re good for beginners though

>nobody cares about upper pecs
>Incline is a meme
Nope

I get a weird pain and click in my shoulder when I do DB OHP and sometimes regular OHP. It's just my right one but its something uncomfortable inside the shoulder...At lighter weights I can kind of ignore it, but it makes pushing heavier difficult.

i assert my dominance over the situation by casually calling you an emasculating nickname and smirking triumphantly

>flat/incline/decline press only builds 1/3rd of the chest at a time

Just do cable decline press if you want most of the benefits of dips wiithout less risk

>cable world

uwot?

possibly a shoulder labrum tear, worth getting it looked at.

This

Creates separation of the muscle so there is more shape at the bottom of the pectoral.