Have you taken somebody under your wing in the path to making it?

Have you taken somebody under your wing in the path to making it?

Yeah, I made a lanklet my lifting partner and we became best friends and now he squats and diddlies over 3pl8.

>tfw no lifting mentor
>tfw no cool big brother
>tfw no kamina to my simon

Post the one where virgin asks her out and she BRAPS and Chad sniffs it

>tfw no chad mentor
>never even had a gym buddy my whole life
>tried to make gf lift with me but she quits every time before even ending a cycle of 6 week program.

life is suffering
why even live?

lacking an athletic older brother is what makes faggot males. consistently the most chad’d niggers at my school had jacked, chad older bros who they were closer with than anyone else

>tfw grew up with abusive older sister who constantly got you in trouble for everything

Surprise surprise I'm a fucking loser

My brother is 12, is that too early to take him onto the path of making it?

M-more

>blaming somebody else for being beta

you do know this is why you are a beta, right?

>Was a huge loser when my brother was young
>Started lifting when it was too late

I'm sorry God.

I swear I will make my first son alpha af to make him help his little brothers

>Tfw nobody to do this to me
>constant self doubt whilst lifting as to whether im doing the right routine, using the right form, if i'm even going to make gains doing what i'm doing or if im wasting my time doing it all wrong

stresses me the fuck out honestly

Dont go too hard on him and start slowly teaching him good habits + discipline. Give him all your knowledge so he has a head start. Start with making him do push ups with good form each day or something.

>tfw no lifting mentor
>tfw no mentor

I JUST SAID DON'T MAKE ANY FUCKING WAVES YOU FUCKING JIAN AND HERE YOU ARE SURFING ON A FUCKING CYBORG FIRING OFF YOUR BK LIKE YOU HAVE THE FASTEST LEGS IN THE CULTER DEI

My friends been lifting with me for two years, he helped me make some really awesome gains. In gym he’s like a teacher but everywhere else we just good pals

My nephew

I'm 22 he is 13

>how to dress
>how to groom
>how to workout
>how to play sports
>how to make freinds
>how to "get girls"
>explaining to him that girls his age crave attention
>ignore them and do you and they'll come to you

The goal is to not make it but to continue the legacy and hoping he makes it farther than I

no but I got a bro
we do everything together from drinking to parties and lifting
he's leaving for a better university next year(I'm happy for him) and I'll be alone once again

>Be me
>13
>Ignored girls
>Did my own thing
>Virgin loser until 22

Wow

You're a good uncle

You
>didn't dress well
>didn't groom well
>didn't workout
>didn't play sports
>didn't make freinds

And here you are.

I've got a friend I try to take to the gym with me, but he never wants to go. His brother is a huge powerlifter who has a shit ton of videos on instagram of him lifting hundreds of pounds, so I know he has the genetics for it, but he doesn't like to come with me.

If your goal is to lose your virginity then you need to re-evaluate yourself or go back to

> tfw you let your mentor down

No. My parents divorced while my brother was a teenager and I was about 8. So never got a talk on how to interract with girls before I went to highschool. My brother is 5 years older than me so we were always at vastly different stages in life and didn't even see each other much.

Honestly thought just being funny and likable in highschool would get girls to flock to me.

Perfect time to start. 12 is a little to young to be lifting heavy, but If he can learn proper form and technique by 14, he's gonna be a fucking monster

The truth is a real bitch user ;-;
Never had anyone I can constantly rely on. Always had to learn on my own and from seeing how people interact. Although I can't say it's working since I'm fucking shy and I have severe trust issues. Guess I have to keep trying

Was athletic af but a weirdo with a shit personality, not just ignored but really disliked by a lot of people.

Didn't mentor my brothers at all. Now they do heroin. My lifts keep increasing but so do the feels. Don't take my path anons

>implying

I'm an only child. Every morning I flip a coin to know if I'll be beta or alpha for the day. No middle.

OP literally happened to me this weekend, and we're having our second date tomorrow

Get your shit together, shove that coin up your ass unless it has only alphasides. Why would you be anything other when you can be an alpha?
Be like the chad brother you nether had.

t. also an only child

this is the saddest image of them all, don't know how Miura did that but he did

Yeah. There's a new laborer at work who is 19 and a little guy. He's a skele mode manlet. I'm 29 and been lifting for 6 years.

We work for the state doing road work and water lines and such. I'm a heavy equipment operator and that's his end goal, so our friendship started out with him asking me to show him how to run the equipment and sign off on his stick time on things like the hyex and grader.

I started staying later than usual to help him out, and he was asking me what my routine and diet were, and how he's always struggled to put on weight, so I started taking him to the gym with me after work and he's making some progress.

Really nice kid and sharp as a tack. He's gonna make it.

Last week a cute young lady was at our gym and I forced him to go get her number and they went out this weekend.

>start lifting in high school
>6 months in, haven't told anyone
>best friend finds out, asks to come
>sure bro y not
>2nd best bro starts coming
>Asian friend says he wants to come, but is worried he'll be judged
>tell him I'll go with him
>two other skellington friends say they want to start coming
>take them a couple times and teach them, give them program etc
>old friend comes and visits
>says I've gotten buffer
>tell him I've been going to the gym
>he gets interested, I start take him a couple times, strong dude (1 plate ohp no prior training + 160kg dl)
>he leaves back to hometown and now gyms regularly, he got his friend to start with him too
>3 old high school friends hit me up asking to take them to the gym
>gf wants to start going to the gym and wants my help

Asian dude is yoked now, wants to compete soon and open up a gym when he's older.

Some nights everyone comes to the gym, it's like 8 - 10 of us just working out together. Good times

I have two twin little brothers I'm trying to bring up properly. One is a mouth breather and I try my hardest to make him stop but I live on the other side of the country now. The other one isn't a mouth breather and has a great jaw for a 13 year old, I hope it's not too late for the other one

You know me too well user

you're a good mentor. Treasure your brotege

>Teach younger brother to lift
>Get huge together
>He gets gf, stops going
>Packs on 30lbs
>Gains goblin GF turns him into sedentary blob
My fucking face when

>Some nights everyone comes to the gym, it's like 8 - 10 of us just working out together. Good times

Though I work out alone by choice and have no ambition to work out with other people, that sounds like a nice time OP. Happy for you, bro.

I'm 23 and wish I had this. Parents are divorced so my dad lives half way across the country so I don't have any real mentor to watch over me day to day because step dad is more fat than I am.

That's one of the reasons I want to get jacked. I want to be the cool approachable jacked guy with nerd hobbies that get's you pussy at conventions.

Yea ever since I've gotten Veeky Forums my flatmate has been asking me to help him get on shape. As a fatass, he managed to drop 60lbs since May. He's now benching 1pl8 for reps as well so yea it feels great. That sort of novice and easy progress really motivates me to make my lifts more effective

My highschool friends started going cause I started going, but it really feels like they're going just so they don't fall behind me too much in terms of aesthetics or strength.

Damn I know it doesnt mean much but you are an hero.

Kinda, my friends are all excited to start going to gym with me after we went to a convention and I hit it off with a cosplayer that barely gave them the time of day.

It's their new year's resolution and you know how that goes. I love those guys, I fear my tutelage won't be enough to get them to keep at it.

I tried three times. each one blew me off for vidya. I swear, when I was their age I practically begged my brothers friends to take me under their wing. all these kids do is meme about vapes and suicide.

All I want for Christmas is to make a friend who can help me make it

chads are our greatest allies. thank you based chads!

Never give up on them

>freshman year roommate took me under his wing
>took me lifting with him whenever he went to lift
>we shared political views and everything, became best bros to this day
>room again sophomore year, start following a proper routine together, basically a modified SS
>go from 6' 135 lb Auschwitz mode to 180lb by May
>feeling great and learning from his Chadly ways
I owe the world to you man, thanks Connor

fast forward to this year, junior year
>not rooming with freshman year bro since he went for a single
>I room with a couple asian dyels in my major
>decide to try and take one of them under my wing to pay it forward
>take him lifting
>he has his own idea of what he wants to do
>thinks he's an expert on everything, very stubborn and doesn't follow my advice on form
I don't know how people do it -- taking dyels under their wing. To be fair, I was a lot more obedient when my freshman year roommate, but I respect the hell out of him for having the patience to teach me everything

When I was younger yea. Helped my friend lose his virginity and taught him a lot about women. I won’t take responsibility for his success but he’s one of my best friends and I had to help him, he’s 22 now and fucked about 5 girls. Multiple GF’s etc.

I would never do that again though. I’ve changed and don’t have time to help virgins get laid. It’s not my problem. Part of being successful with women is depending on yourself to get laid with no help from other people or advice. That builds true confidence. Some guys can get laid by pretending to be someone, it’s fake confidence that can be washed away instantly,

I try, but they almost always doubt themselves and never come out on top. It's depressing, actually, that people have such little faith in themselves or at the very least the willpower to get something they want.

I keep trying to get my friends soyboy bf to come to the gym with me. Besides him i will show my nephew the gainz train when he is old enough

>you were to bring gains to the family, not loose them

>tfw brother is 14 but is a skinny stoner faggot with no drive
what i wouldnt give to be in his position and have an older brother with lifting experience

>tfw have a coworker that was airborne in the army be my mentor
>tfw gym time are the best days of the week and the only thing keeping me going each week

You have us user. If you don’t have someone at the gym to ask, you can film yourself doing stuff and we’ll grade your form. What lifts are you doing? As long as you’re hitting all the right muscle groups I’m sure your routine is fine. We’re all gonna make it brah

>tfw you are the eldest and you're the one trying to learn
fuck
>28yo and getting tutored by a 24yo who is fitter and gets more pussy is embarrassing tbqh
>but i'm doing it anyway

Not really in any long term capacity but I do like to give encouragement and help out when I can :)

Maybe im just larping, but I feel like i've become this for my friends. I'm in Computer Science, so all of my friends are fucking nerds. Never been out to anywhere, never danced, some never even kissed a girl.

at least they know how to behave in a bar and club now. Some are still in the stage of thinking that they have some secret strength under all their fat.

Yeah started off as discussing fitness and bodybuilding with an old friend to working out everyonce in a while to working out daily, proud of the guy, I won’t say I am the soul reason he lifts but I’d wager I played a part in it. Made me realize how important it is to build up the people around you.

>dad disappears
>grow up with mom
>no male role model
>noone to guide me
>moms dad is cool but not a teaching type
>be 30
>volunteer at a museum-smithy
>blacksmith cool as fuck
>is a teacher so knows how to talk to people
>life changing experience
>best 3 months of my life
fug I can only wonder how my life would have turned out if I met him earlier in life, or someone like him
better late than never, I guess...

>always wanted an older brother like Kamina when I was a teenager
>never had one, even as a friend
>decide I'll become like the Kamina that I wanted for my friends
>made that my reason to lift and diet
It sounds petty when I write it out like that but it's important to me.
In a world full of uncertainty it's important to have someone you can always rely on to have your back. If you don't have anyone like that, your only option left is to become that someone for the people important to you.

i had one when i was younger and it helped a lot. i still had to find my own way for a lot of things but having someone to turn to for help and look to for motivation was a great experience.

lots of my friends look to me for guidance and wisdom now, since i learned to (mostly) kill ego and look at things objectively, with a process-oriented mindset rather than a goal-oriented one. one of my friends is so like me its great, except she is even more cold, logical, and ruthless than i was at 18

>not fucking her in the ass

Not my fault you're a beta cuck

>tfw every one, and being a kamina.
>but every one of my mentors now are gone
>big bro lives close, but works a lot and prioritize his own friends and getting a new girl every weekend night.

I feel you man. My dad was always working, put career over family so I never really had that male mentor. All I know is i'll be there for my kids no matter what.

idk, at least you had a dad around

Not him, but idk user. Sometimes you wish your dad was dead if he's just a periphery to your life because you long for a strong male role model and its just within your grasp if only your dad wanted to be one

I mean, if a dad works then he gets money home and your mom doesn't have to hold 4 jobs to feed you and cloth you

Helped my dad how to count calories and lose like 15-20 kg of weight (he had a bit of a gut but wasnt obese or anything) after he saw me do similar, he still wont actually start lifting so he is still weak, which I show him everytime we carry furniture together.

He just wants you to be stronger than him, user.

I’ve never had a lifting buddy. However once I reach my goal I’m going to find a skinny lanky kid at the gym just trying to make it. Specifically that one you pass by and you see the dead look in his eyes, because working out is his last resort to blowing his brains out. Because I was that kid, and I barely made it.

I’ve taken people to the gym but none of them listen and none of them stay

My little bro in 13 and pretty fat so i was gonna start taking him to the gym with me. I’m trying to figure out if I should but him on a deficit, cuz I’m worried it will fuck with his puberty. Any advice would be appreciated

In his case yea, but I'm just saying in my case where I see my dad maybe once every 4 or 5 years, for a couple days and that's it. It's really depressing actually and I don't like to think about it.

that's rough mate, haven't seen mine in 20years so

I need someone to take me under his wing in terms of dating.

I taught my little brother the lifts, showed him Stronglifts and encouraged him to follow it, but he stopped doing it after a few weeks. He's 14 and you really can't help people that don't help themselves.

Kids that age are basically roiding off their own hormones, unless he's like morbidly obese just have him lift and eat normally and he'll get jacked and yuge.

No brah, aint petty at all, that is the good shit.
Im proud of you, you are using your own pain as fuel for self transformation, be the change you want to see in the world.