You're in the gym doing your thing

You're in the gym doing your thing.
You see a stranger bench pressing really really heavy.
You've seen him around the gym and hes not newbie

Do you keep doing your thing?
Stand by and watch him incase he fucks up?
Or go over and spot him?

What would you do?

Anytime someone in the gym is lifting heavy weight I immediately get as far away as possible so if something bad happens it's not my responsibility to help bail him out.

If he didn't ask for a spot, he doesn't need a spot.

I always do 275 without a spotter, it's a warmup. Typically don't ask someone until 315

I watch until he finishes the current set. Then I carry on working.

>Or go over and spot him?
Really? You're going to go over and disturb a big guy while he's lifting big weights?

It's acceptable to be a little more aware if he looks like he's the kind of person who could conceivably choose to not as for a spotter on a set he probably needs one on; don't rush over to spot him or anything but if he gets stapled to the bench it's fucking nice if a guy is aware enough to help you out

t. someone who is too sperg to ask for a spot and has been stapled to a bench 3 times and needed a stranger's help

This. I don't run over there, just keep an eye out and be ready to run over there.

I've watched this one guy in his mid-late 40s do many sets of 10 @180-210, bouncing the bar off his ribcage so hard that you can hear a loud thud and can see the bar whip like in an explosive squat, for more than a year now. I've talked with the guyevery now and then, and he seems ill-mannered, fairly dim and extremely thick headed. I'm waiting for the day when I have to call an ambulance, but it hasn't happened yet. In any case I no longer care how people bench as long as I don't see the bar guillotining their head off. About 60% of people at whatever gym I go to do dumb shit one way or another, and this is not including newbs who show poor form when practicing their lifts.

Nothing, I've been in my gym for 1,5 years and not a single person was benching with decent form, I never bothered to help or given unrequited advice(which is just silly). There's no point to it.

no i'm not a homosexual, autistic or altruistic at all by nature. I leave the man alone because he's done nothing wrong and I don't care even a little bit if he kills himself benching too much. I don't expect others to help me either. I hate homofaggots so fucking much, leave people alone when they're working on their bodies, at work, at the store etc. They want to be left alone. Not everyone is a narcissistic lunatic looking for attention.

why the fuck would I do anything? if he asks for a spot, i'd help him. if he dropped the bar and couldn't lift it, i'd help him.

yous all need to learn the roll of shame

don't ever help/give advice/etc to anyone in the gym unless they ask

Keep doing my thing, I'm not his mom. I would help him if he ask for help but that's it.

The truest beta mentality

This.

At my gym the was this old fuck and his son that would always take the only bench for up to 2 hours and would do 3pl8 quarter rom. Fucking idiots.

have a bunch of thoughts in my head
>is he trying to out lift me
>maybe hes laughing at me on the inside
>what if hes lifting big to make me sad
>he must laugh at manlets like me and wants me out of the gym

I'm the strongest bencher in my gym at 3.25pl8s for rep. every time some twink tries to come and spot me unwelcomed, which is anything higher than 1.5 pl8, they mostly backoff after seeing the first rep being done with full ROM but every now and then some asshole intrudes, typically a male in his 30s or more with distended gut wearing a nylon belt for cable flyes. nobody there can spot properly or actually knows proper form but the biggest offender is how they think letting the bar touch the chest and pausing is a sign of form breakdown, which annoys me to no end. to that effect i myself has never bothered to spot anyone even when they fail unless I'm the only one close

>how they think letting the bar touch the chest and pausing is a sign of form breakdown
that's literally fuckin proper form though? reeee

The gym I went to in japan had this old dude who would bench with one point of contact. He'd also quarter rom squats.

Made me mad as fuck.

>Do you keep doing your thing?
yes
>Stand by and watch him incase he fucks up?
no
>Or go over and spot him?
only if he's about to die from his own stupidity

99.9% of the time

It reminds of a situation when i was doing some paused squats and some moron wanted to pull me out of it...and I was inside fucking power cage, how did he not notice nothing bad will happen even if i take a nap there is beyond me

I never need a spotter unless I'm benching my 1RM. Else, I can just throw the weight off of me if I fail.

>275 Warm up
>315 needs help

My friends reps 275 for warm ups can do it atleast 22 times

and he reps 315 for 13

Your math aint adding up boy

It's an easy set of 5 on my way up, 315 is a 5RM where I might need to force the last one

>The gym I went to in japan had this old dude who would bench with one point of contact
what does benching with one point of contact mean?

I dont give a fuck what other people lift nor look at what they do. The gym is my hour I dont have to worry about the things in my life so that hour is mine.

How much weight can I roll of shame off my body without hurting myself? I'm too autistic to ask for a spot, so when I fail I just roll the bar accross my abdomen (abs flexed hard). I only bench a bit more than 1pl8, how heavy can I go before this technique gets me killed?

Mind my own fucking business.

You can go to 90kg before it starts getting a little painful.
Start benching without clips, if you're too wobbly to follow a straight bar path you're lifting too heavy with too poor form, and are going to snap your rotator cuffs up.

If he's lifting heavy AF weights, he should have plenty of experience and knowledge of what to do if he fails. If he doesn't have safety rails in the rack, the he should know the roll of death. If he doesn't have rails or knowledge of the RoD, he should ask for a spot. If he hasn't taken any steps to ensure his own safety, then ultimately it's not my problem.

>I walk over as i see him finishing his set
>then when he starts maxing out, I pull out my phone and walk away as casually as possible as he struggles under the weight expecting a spotter.

>What would you do?
Mind my own business unless the dude clearly needs help or is asking for a spot.
Why would anyone stand by every time someone is about to bench?

Human males are meant to help each other

Same. Too introverted to ask for a spot. Been rescued twice by strangers. Thank you for being alert gymbros.