/fast/ #61 - I can't tell if urine fasting is legit edition

>What is /fast/?

Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>SPECIAL URINE FAST IS THIS REAL

reddit.com/r/urinefasting/comments/57n864/urine_fasting_guide/

>SPECIAL WATER FAST POTION
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY&t=1s

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0 [Open]

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis [Open]
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8 [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8 [Open]

Why you should consider carnivore:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0 [Open]

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns [Open]

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c [Open]
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk [Open]
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk [Open]
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE [Open]

Other urls found in this thread:

truththeory.com/2017/11/24/harvard-study-reveals-intermittent-fasting-may-increase-lifespan/
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/7kwamb/i_need_help_scheduling_if/drhpszu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is pickle brine allowed on a water fast? i filled up a 64 oz bottle with pickle brine and i’m wondering

no it's not. there's calories.

Feeling reallly week, nearing 48 hours (end of day 2). Going for ~130 hours (5 days and a bit). Can't even type properly.

Does this ease-up a bit in the 3rd day?

whats your weight and height? are you drinking snake potions

whoa whoa whoa! one question at a time please! my weight is 250 pounds. next question?

what? just drink salt water if you feel bad fatty, you don't need to stop the fast.

>tfw experiencing brain on keto

Has anyone been able to contact Cole on facebook? When I tried to message the snake diet account I got a message that said he only communicates via voice memo on messenger. So I message him on the messenger app and get the same message.

Instead of doing very prolonged fasts, just do 48 hour fasts. No snakepiss required. One meal every other day. By the time it comes you'll be will g to eat anything. Eat a keto meal, veggies and a lean protein likke chicken. Easiest weight loss of your life.

how the FUCK is there nothing in the OP by thread #61 about how fasting literally increases your lifespan?

truththeory.com/2017/11/24/harvard-study-reveals-intermittent-fasting-may-increase-lifespan/

I remember there was a test where rats lived 30% longer when they fasted

this is big news, and it should be talked about in these threads, or at least a youtube video in the OP post

this was my last meal before starting a minimum 5 day snake potion fast. may throw some dry fasting in between.

>cw 192 lbs

Fucking hell, came home to family for christmas, they're trying to shovel food down my throat...help me lads.

Cole-Contacting Creep.

try to rape your dad, they'll leave you alone as long as it's a legitimate try. like you have to be willing to actually rape him if he calls your bluff.

I have a question that has never been addressed in any of his videos or Q&As. Facebook is fucking cancer I don't know how people can use it.

someone said the other day he answered them with voice messages

tell me the question and I can send him a message.

Maybe you could drop your autism for one week

fugg just measures my blood pressure and its higher than usual but not by a lot
Beginning of day 3 water fast should I be worried?
100kg and 180cm (220pounds and 5 11 for u amerifriends

>ass burns every time I shit
Figured out how to get pizza to deliver. Should I fast for three days or four.

I sent it to his personal facebook via messenger. Do you have to add or invite someone on messenger for them to receive the messages you send? I've never used messenger before.

stop shitting directly into the fire. shit in your hand and throw it in the fire.

you have to include a dick pic or he won't bother reading it. cole LOVES penises.

Haven't eaten since dinner yesterday. Done 56 chin-ups so far today. Is this a bad idea?

Who here is fasting till Christmas Eve?

Got my potassium today, going to start experimenting tomorrow. So far I've only done 20:4 fasting, mostly just OMAD, but on Monday gym was hell and I felt like complete shit afterwards. I hope drinking some salts will make tomorrow go better.

me senpai how many days into it r you?
>And in fact, your body doesn’t want to lose any more muscle than it ‘feels’ it can afford to, so as your fast continues, the body will switch over to a less-efficient, but safer long term source of fuel: adipose tissue, or long-term fat stores. How long it takes for this switch to occur depends on your body composition; the higher your muscle/fat ratio, the longer the body can ‘safely’ consume muscle tissue. In order to minimize the consumption of muscle tissue throughout your fast, it’s important to minimize your activity. Though this may seem counterintuitive, as your activity levels increase, your body’s caloric needs increase too, and your body will consume more muscle – a more efficient source of fuel – to more easily meet the higher demands.

Don't remove the WIL fasting video.

What the fuck can I do to loose fat and not have loose skin? I tried looking for some sources but I'm retarded and can't understand shit.

Broke a 5 day fast Sunday night/Monday,

Heard dry fasting

But what exactly is that? Do I have to stop drinking water for a certain amount of time?

stop telling people to do this

I'm not in support of dry fasting but snake guy said it heals and something about getting rid of loose skin
yes, soft dry fasting is to avoid drinking fluid and hard dry fasting is avoiding water contact at all (including showering)

does Green tea break a fast?
additionally does green tea spike cortisol? (like coffee does)

dry fasting is legit nigger

the human body is more capable than you think. plenty of people have dry fasted with great success.
if it has caffeine avoid it

These redditfags love to be autistic about things like this. Ultimately there are no rules, do whatever you want because as long as you are eating very little you are making a huge difference.

Stop eating.

Obviously that is a fucking meme jesus christ, you'll die if you stop drinking water.

Going for 24hours already, planning to hit around 36. Is 36h a week ok, while lifting 3/4 times a week and trying to gain some muscle mass?

>tfw tell parents about fasting and how ketosis works
>tfw they don't agree with me but still support my decision
>tfw you guys have shitty ass parents

>needing your parents' approval
Faggot

>having parents

never gonna make it

>Assuming I rely on my parents' approval

Too bad my folks aren't putting me in a psych ward if I decide to be less of a fucking whale, eh? Keep being cucked

lewd

>post yfw reddit cucks think "14 hours" is a fast

reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/7kwamb/i_need_help_scheduling_if/drhpszu/

I go 14 hours every day, it's just my natural routine

>every resource is a youtube video, blog, or reddit

And they're all bullshit, I love it when redditfags try to argue that eating less calories than you burn won't result in weightloss. Sure thing buddy you violate the laws of the universe.

Hey bois, I started OMAD Keto @ 500kcal deficit with fasted training.

I'm so fucking excited.

gay nigger all of the resources cite legit evidence

Different bodies burn different amounts of calories user.
A 250 lb lardass will burn fewer calories then a 250lb muscle obese person while doing activity or being active in general.

It's why fat people can be more active then swole people.

That's not including the very real metabolism slow down that happens.

Most people don't fully understand that they have to go off of their diets occasionally and move more to make up for the down regulation then to go on a few full fasts and their original diet to kick things back off.

i've been kind of doing that recently however I haven't been able to workout yet

let me know how it goes user

>22 hours is barely a fast

hardoooooooo

>Different bodies burn different amounts of calories user.
I never said otherwise

The real benefits are on day 3 and beyond

Any of you guys tried fruit or juice fast? Since Sunday I am on a only fruit diet and it's doing me great so far.

>fast
>eats
welcome in burgerland

>carb only diet
kys

By now, the first day I have lost a whole motherfucking kilogram; which, considering I've been on a cut for like a month (-500 as well, but not keto nor omad), is a lot.

I will update on further progress

cico is not bullshit

whats the point of vinegar and baking soda/powder?

-500 is cutting?

me. started this morning

-500 cals from maintenance is cutting

Made it through the second day okay. Need to adjust salt a little bit and I'll be perfect. I'm doing tomorrow and Thursday then breaking Friday for a total of of 96 hours which is longest I've done. Lost 2 pounds of water weight first day, curious what it'll be tomorrow. God speed /fast/

oh, ok. Cool. Which formula you use to get your TDEE?

keep us posted, mang

Bro, those are basic questions, you should start by reading the sticky

Anyway, I've found that the best calculator is sailrabbit.com/bmr

I see it as o nly one question

>sailrabbit.com/bmr
thank you, by the way

Why on day 3 and beyond?
Explain benefits.

Quick question, I doing a 72hr fast to begin with and I'm wondering - is it valid to go normal water for the first 24hrs or so and then go into the snakejuice for the remaining 48 or is that total stupidity? Thanks!

>first day of 100 hour fast
>coworker brings in fudge, truffles, cookies and m&ms
>dining hall is serving my favorite apple cobblers fresh
This happens EVERY TIME I don't want to eat. But when I do eat there's nothing good.

you most likely won't deplete the carbs in your body until 24 to 36 hours into fasting, meaning your body won't burn your stored fat. The more you fast, the more your body will use your fat as fuel. Disregard this if you're active/not a fatty/sub 20%bf

If you OMAD or eat less prior to fasting it'll take 24 hours.

The ultimate fasting tool

So what you're saying is that I'll most likely not need the juice at all for those 72hrs?

snake juice? Its faster if you can dry fast, but if you can't handle it you can do just fine with water+sodium+potassium(maybe +magnesium).

Buy the keto sticks and test for yourself.

Legit or a meme?

I mean I have really low bf% and exercise daily, but I only eat about once a day. 1 of these and some water are my breakfast usually but I don't see how it would break your fast

why not just take caffeine pills?

Just prefer the taste I guess

artificial sweeteners will spike your insulin, meaning you'll break your fast. But like you said you are already thin, so no big deal.

I'm active and sub 20% bf, so i'll disregard i guess.
I eat once every other day btw.

contains sweeteners (specifically ace K n sucralose) which may induce insulin and blood glucose spike (though this could be just from cortisol from caffeine), as well as cephalic phase insulin release. that being said if you're doing OMAD the impact should be minimal. the impact even if you were fasting unless you were hammering 10 cans a day would be minimal. Oh yeah, and erythritol costs calories as it is fermentable by gut flora.

Ah okay, well I have lost an extra 4 pounds recently so maybe its just the restriction to a single big meal a day

>what is intermittent fasting

Makes sense, must be my restriction to meals within an hour a day and my routine. I'm a hobbyist kickboxer so that probably explains those 4 pounds coming off so quick

intermitent fasting is a meme. The benefits of 16:8 are minimal compared to OMAD or extended fasting (every other day or beyond 48h).

Help I'm craving sugary food so bad.
I want ice cream and cake and eggnog

stay away from the jew powder

Nobody is being autistic here. Its quite simple - if you intake calories you are not fasting. Pickle brine contains calories. It elicits a metabolic response and throws body out of fasting state.

>calories
>fasted state

Pick one, dork.

What have you done with your saved money from food?

I kinda want to buy pick related, but something tells me is a ruse

>tfw you realized you could have built an empire with all the lunch money your parents used to give you

That's a meme purchase, user. Anyways I'm saving up my food money for a security deposit on an apartment. Trying to move out by February.

Proof?