Untitled

????????

Way ahead of you

take the /stand/ pill Veeky Forums

Correlation =/= causation. Of course old people sit around more when than young people who are further away from death.

WTF is risk of death? Risk of death is 100% for all people at all times

I use a standing desk. Literally a tray table on top of a sturdy box. Pic related. Not drawn are my keyboard/mouse and speakers.

depends on how you read it

Risk of death during the following %15 years you peon.

Who else squatting master race? Sitting is for fags when you can just use the natural resting position, the squat.

Mega64 did a video on that years ago.

It's something you'll understand when you learn English, Pajeet.

>first Based Tones took the /onion/ pill, now Turnbull is on the /stand/ pill
We should listen to these guys Veeky Forums.

So why aren't almost half of us dying within 15 years of leaving high school?

Because 40% more than x is just 1.4*x

Standing is great, your feet might get tired if you're barefoot to much in the first two weeks, but I've been standing since August. Also the onion thing works too. Age 32, never felt more alive.

Okay, math is hard. So why aren't almost a third of us dying within 15 years of leaving high school?

>tfw I work out of a Dodge Charger
>tfw only 5'9" but still not enough room to stand up while driving

I’ll never forget what I heard from an 80 year old man in the gym.
> “When you sit still you die, keep moving”.

You can inverse the operator to go backwards. So y = x*1.4, and x = y/1.4

So (1/3)/1.4 = 0.29, or 29%.

So are you saying there's a 29% chance of dying 15 years after high school?

this is the first time a Veeky Forums post has made me laugh in a long while.

More to a walkable area so youre not always driving

I'm saying no such thing but if I understand correctly, the OP info graphic is making that very claim. Unless your high school had standing desks.

Standing doesn't solve it either.
The problem is being stationary. We were designed to move and constantly have different muscles contracting and stretching.

You're claim is that a lot of people would be dying after high school. I'm showing you how your math is wrong.

Instead of telling me how many people you think this article says are dying, tell me what you think the normal amount is.

Yes please explain I'm a soft science guy. From the ages of 18 to 33? I don't know, I'd guess around 8%.

So if this article says you have a 40% higher risk, and it's 8% without that risk, then 8% * 1.4 = 11.2%. It's not a stretch at all.

Jokes on them. I’m depressed so I lay down all day instead

So you mean the article says that I have a greater risk of dying than the 8% who die? What the fuck even is that?

Disregard you mean it means I have a 40% greater chance than the standard chance with is 8%. Got it. Thanks.

Sitting isn't the problem. It's not moving. Standing or lying in the same position for too long is at least as bad as sitting.

Fuck

Actually now that I think about it, it could be relative.

If you're fit and eat healthy, and your chance of dying is normally 0.05%, but you sit all day, your chance is now 0.08%.

But if you're a fat fuck who drinks and smokes, and you're chance of dying is 5% in 15 years normally, but you also sit all day, your chance is now 8%.

Article makes even more sense now.

Isn't there a whole set of these? Can't find it anywhere. Anyone have it?

Here's the thing, if you're sitting you can bounce your leg or twist in your chair and that's about it.

If you're standing you can shift your weight, do squats or lunges and walk around easily because you don't have to stand up from the chair.

Also interested in this. Are there more?