Getting my wisdom teeth removed in a few days. Any Veeky Forumsizines go through this?

Getting my wisdom teeth removed in a few days. Any Veeky Forumsizines go through this?

Did it change your facial structure/make you uglier at all? How soon after the surgery can I start lifting? Are they gonna give me fun drugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/no-you-probably-don-t-need-to-get-your-wisdom-teeth-removed-ever
youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I got mine out 4 months ago didn't change my face at all and I had to take a 10 days off.

Don't use any painkillers except for Tylenol and the like. The pain is a good lesson and you will be better for it.

Got both on the bottom taken out, jaw was swollen for like a week so bad I couldn't close my teeth together so I had to eat only soup and yogurt for that time but there was no difference in my facial structure once my jaw went down and I didn't look like a squirrel anymore. Also I got a black eye for some reason

how long ago did you get yours taken out?

Had all 4 taken last year. Got 2 weeks of hydros for pain. Only used for a week though made me sick. Had to blend food to eat for a week. Cleaning your sockets of food crumbs is gross. Don't swish your mouth with water no matter how much you want to. Food particles will go up your sockets into your nasal passage and give you a nasty smell up there for a month.

getting wisdom teeth out changing your jaw structure is a lot rarer than people want to meme. It only really happens if you get a big infection that eats away at the bone. If you arent an idiot that doesnt really happen.

if they don't bother you don't have them removed, it's basically a (((scam)))
sciencealert.com/no-you-probably-don-t-need-to-get-your-wisdom-teeth-removed-ever

Sheeit I'm getting all 4 removed Friday, how soon can i workout?

how the fuck am I supposed to clean the sockets then? if I eat only yogurt and ice cream do I have to bother?

H-heh I have a pretty nasty infection right now for the past 2 days. Surgery is thursday. A-am I gonna make it?

You can start same day just do not lift heavy and keep it easy for a week. That's it. Unless of course you have a condition. Ask doctor anyway.

Had all 4 taken out over the summer. Didn’t change face at all but I find it harder to chew steak. The worse part is not being able to eat properly. I lost about 10 pounds over the course of two weeks. I got 30 oxycodones.

>just do not lift heavy

listen to docs instructions on how NOT to get dry sockets... please do this user

reading these poasts with anons in pain for two weeks confirms there's a big chance for complications as well. Seriously user, save yourself some money.

all wisdom teeth still in with no pain
you small jawed cowards
one did hurt when it was coming in so I took a scalpel and cut the gum open where it was stretching it too slowly

I can only speak from my own experience, but the drugs only lessened the pain to the point that I was able to sleep. Otherwise it was just a constant ache and I couldn't think.
Also my face didn't change.

They gave me a little syringe to irrigate them. Closing your mouth and swishing pressurizes your mouth and allows water to get into your nasal passages. Put some water in your mouth and rock your head from side to side gently to rinse only.

I used to have perfect teeth and my wisdom teeth ruined them. My biggest mistake was not getting them removed earlier.

Just get them all removed as fast as you can.

>Seriously user, save yourself some money.
mate I have a horrible infection from food getting stuck behind the gum flap I cant even close my teeth together there is no choice, Im not fuckin doing it for fun. Only one side is getting removed

wisdom teeth removal is a racket

What is this? A picture of ants?

>eating chips one day
>weird crick on tooth, what the heck was that?
>fish a large piece of tooth out of my mouth
>holy fuck holy shit what just happened oh god
>call up dentist, says it he'll check me in tomorrow
>next day go in, turns out it was a wisdom tooth, probably got a carie in it which is common
>was in and out in like 20 minutes, didn't even feel like anything changed
>and nothing really did change, except I had to have a bunch of paper towels stuffed into my mouth and I had to take aspirin for half a day

It entirely depends on how the tooth is. I had another one taken out that same year and it was just as quick and painless as the last one - BUT - you can be like one of my coworkers where the roots are fucking twisted and knobbed and they wind up having to literally split the bastards and dig them out.

And no, you do not want to fucking exert yourself for at least 4-5 days. Basically what will happen is if you take it nice and easy that big ass hole in your mouth will clot over nice and eventually once it's all healed you'll spit out this gross ass blood sausage and be done. If you fuck around and lift too early or go licking at it or something, the clot will fall out early and you'll get dry socket which means the bone is exposed to your gross ass mouth. Dry socket is fucking hell so don't fuck around while you're healing, just take it easy.

If they are impacted (growing out sideways) or abscessed (infected) they need to come out. If just growing out like normal molars then you're fine.

Your face will be swollen for the day of procedure and a day or two after. No sneezing, coughing, chewing. Anything that paper of post care instructions the doc will give you, you need to follow. Dry socket is not that probable but it can happen, especially if you don't follow the post care list.

Otherwise it's not a big deal. Try not to take the oxy/codeine because it will constipate you if you're already not drinking enough. Take some Tylenol and don't be a bitch

no point removing them unless they actually are causing actual trouble, my wisdom teeth are really fucked up and yet my jaw and teeth are perfectly healthy since I started using an oral irrigator

basically its a scam in 80% of cases but thats what dentists are tought to do

Don't listen to this fucktard. Impacted wisdom teeth can fucking kill you, like it did for most human beings for like 50,000 years. Our jaws are shrinking because we cook our food and don't eat raw grains like our primate ancestors.

Get them out. I got an abscess that almost went septic before I had mine taken out. Best thing I did.

My word of advice is DO NOT USE STRAWS. It can cause massive bleeding by sucking the scab past the stitches.

I wanted to ask my dentist if its possible to just cut the gum flap off instead of removing the teeth, because in the x ray they grew in straight, just covered by gums.

I feel like if it was an option he would have suggested it? I dont wanna make him mad by trying to tell him what to do yk. What do you think

The doctor accidentally slammed your face while he was trying to yank out one of your teeth.

I got 3 of mine removed, 1 resulted in numbness around it because my dentist is a fucking retard and obviously damaged struck a nerve.

i have all my wisdom teeths beginning to pop ut in my mouth. Like they begin to pop out of my gums. Thing is, I think they don't follow the right path, like they don't grow in the same way as the other teeth I have but in a more leaning way.

Saw my dentist who told me that they wouldn't bother me. They don't hurt me or anything, but at this speed, I have the feeling that they could become a problem later. But the path they're taking scare me out a little bit. What do Veeky Forums ?

i gotta get all 4 removed they're all growing slanted

my fucking jaw started to click and sometimes ill get pain and tightness

my dentist wants to take it out one by one

is he trying to jew me out of money? isn't better to get all 4out at the same time

did he take an xray?

My far back top left molar died a month after I had the procedure done. When I look in the mirror I can see the pitch black inside.

I think the surgeon cut its roots.

No, but he reorientated me to a another professional to actually do it, giving me a paper along that. Didn't do it yet, because he actually reassured me a lot, like there is no problem. Should I do it ?

>tfw wisdom teeth grew in when i was like 16 or 17

yea better safe than sorry takes like 5 mins to get the xray and for the guy to look at it

Enjoy the pain killers

They gave me 20 percs after my surgery and I was high as a fucking kite for a week after. Did nothing but play Fallout and lay on my couch. Pure bliss.

Alright, will do, thanks user.

It hurts like hell for the first 2-3 days but then it starts to heal. Took me like a month for the hole to close up, constantly had to irrigate it.

That's not uncommon though.

I'm getting all 4 removed Friday, I'll tell you then lol

I had all 4 removed with 3 of them having gum sitting over the top of them causing an infection (the reason they had to be removed). Took 2 days to feel normal and 4-5 for hole to harden enough to where I could eat solid food.
Overall one of the worst experiences of my life, have fun surviving off apple sauce for 4 days.

Mine got infected and it was really bad.

I also bit off most of my lip skin because the local anesthetics made me not realize what I was doing.

If you have to get it done, really demand they put you under. They're trying to save money otherwise. It's hard to stress how uncomfortable it is... I think it might have been worse than getting a prostate exam. actually, yeah, definitely worse

my dentist froze my mouth and popped them out in like 5 minutes. Felt absolutely nothing and was super fast. He gave me a bunch of T4 or w.e but didn't even need to use any, had no pain in recovery.

I'm glad he didn't put me under.

I had needles all over my gums, and then the pressure was close to unbearable. He was rough like a real kike. I don't see what the problem with being put out is though? If he has medical insurance, it probably covers it.

i got a tooth extraction (not wisdom) all he did was stick 2 needles and put some numbing cream on

felt 0 pain

Had all four out in the chair awake with no gas. Could feel my bone being cut out, the bottom two were still in the bone.
Be me
>Only a tiny bit of swollen cheek on one side only on the second day
>No pain took no meds
>No face change
kek

My teeth were fairly developed and growing sideways. I was awake during the whole process. Felt like I was being stabbed by a needle in my throat as he was pulling them out. Worst part is that I had to go twice--one appointment for each side.

Pretty sure it kind of fucked up my facial development desu, mine were impacted asf and hurt like hell. I was/am broke at the time so i only got the lower two impacted ones removed for like 900 CAD or something like that. Got put under which was kind of cool, did not go crazy or do stupid shit after waking up. There were massive fucking holes in my gum where they use to be and took forever to close up and still have not really. I took all the rinsing/flushing very serious so nothing really happened. I do remember being in a shitload of pain for quite awhile and spitting bloody spit on the floor next to my bed for quite some time because i was really lazy. Still blood discoloration on the concrete to this day.

Apparently my top two have a chance of coming in normally, but could fuck my shit up but still too broke to do anything about that. They are not impacted. But being poor and waiting till i was 22 to get the lower two out meant that they crowded the shit out of my teeth.

fucking mouthlets

I got my bottom one taken out in October, I was back at the gym three days later because sitting in pain drove me nuts.

I had a root canaled tooth pulled along with my wisdom teeth, recovery took like 2 weeks and my face swol up like pepe the frog. The left side of my tongue was totally numb for like 5 months, that's a pretty rare outcome though and I think it was mostly from that 5th non wisdom tooth

I should also mention that all of my wisdom teeth had come in and were developed, just crowded my mouth a bit as they are big ol teeth.

DELET

this doesn't look that bad

>facial structure
Unless your wisdom teeth protrude out noticeably, no. They won't be taking parts of your jaw out.
>Recovery
Depends. You could be young and your surgeon be very good as was my case and your recovery will only take a few days. But if you are older and your surgeon is not so good, it will take longer to recover.

Pick out a good yogurt, you'll be eating a lot of it now. My recommendation: absolutely blast your body up until the day of. You'll be pretty much a vegetable the day after and the few days after you won't be able to do much.

youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8&t

Do NOT get your teeth removed unless it is absolutely needed.

Facial and jaw structure in adults is primarily caused by your own actions.

YOU WILL BECOME A FUCKING CHINLET IF YOU GET YOUR TEETH REMOVED AND NEGLECT YOUR FACIAL POSTURE

i know all about mew m8, I dont think wisdom teeth affect facials structure as much as premolars, if at all

Doc will give you curved plastic syringe to flush out the food. Use saline or mouthwash, they both work.

this is the most retarded shit

i fucking swish mouthwash every day and nothing goes up my nose

i did it, it's fine. you might get food stuck in the gums for a few weeks so make sure you get a soft toothbrush there to clean it our or it'll give you death breath

this was oddly satisfying

>not knowing how to close your nose off from your mouth
Do you also have trouble wiping your own ass?

I had an infection and my mouth felt like hell for weeks so I had to get them removed. It was before I started lifting so idk how that will go but the hydros were nice

me driving the truck

Tbh don't do it unless it's hurting really bad. If it doesn't hurt then your dentist is just jewing you out of money.

how does it come out so easily

>One of mine chipped so I ended up getting all four out cause why not.
>big bottle Percocets
>time to be a rap artist
>mfw I take Percocet
>feel like garbage, vomit.
>feelsgoodman.jpeg
>eat solid foods later that night

Worst bit was the percs. I had minor swelling at most but ibuprofen was good enough for that.

Are you clinically retarded?

uses scalpel to cut around it

Literally changed my life. I recommend to all my friends and loved ones to get there's removed. I went from looking like a 2/10 piece of pathetic virgin ass shit to looking 11/10, total chad tier and now I get girls almost every day and my dick also gets huge. I think it is because they made your face smaller but anyways I'm total chad tier now

>The pain is a good lesson
Wut

Don't listen to this fucktard. Take the pain medicine.

They can but they try not to because there's the risk of infection or the skin flap growing back.

Just ask, all he can say is no.

My face has developed properly so I haven't had any of my wisdom teeth taken out.

Got all 4 of them removed.
Not really painful afterwards. Just take your painkillers and be ready for being hungry like a week. Atleast in my case i could not eat right for 4 days because of the open wound in your mouth. You don't want some shit food in your wound and let it infect it. Buy a fuck ton of baby food. Does well. And: follow your doctors fucking instructions.

When you have your top wisdom teeth taken out faggots the roots are sometimes up in your nasal passages so when they are pulled out there are literal holes from your gums UP into your nasal passage. So creating internal mouth pressure will force water up there until it's fully healed. Anything else I can school you retards on while I'm still here?

do dentists actually do that? i have wisdom teeth and no impaction, gum issues, caries, etc., and i've literally never had any of my 4+ dentists recommend taking them out. the only people i know who have had them recommended out were people who actually had issues

xD
found the >muh pain tolerance *tips fedora* edgelord

user is right. They will give you narcotic pain relievers and NSAIDS that are essentially super powerful Aleve. Just take the NSAIDS unless you are a 9 or 10 on the pain scale. Lifting, you should have already gained pain tolerance and learned to not be a pussy. The narcotics can make you sick and if you puke it is a gigantic pain in the ass. Good luck.

The black eye isn’t uncommon. It has something to do with the nerve that gets irritated.

>Sheeit I'm getting all 4 removed Friday, how soon can i workout?

Depends on if your wisdom teeth are really impacted or deep within the bone. Some wisdom teeth are growing at an angle where it's a really simple procedure and takes under 5 minutes to remove. Would not lift for 10 days minimum and consult your dentist/oral surgeon. Listen to what he says because you really do grind your teeth when you lift heavy and don't want to cause more damage in an inflamed area.

Got mine out in installments. None were impacted so I left them in. The bottom right started hurting because I couldn't brush that far back and it got infected, so I got that yanked by my general dentist. I got an infection behind the other bottom one back in October that made me pretty fucking sick, fevers off and on for about a month, got it yanked at 8:30am on my 21st birthday. Spent all day in pain, but it put an end to a monthlong off-and-on fever. The bottom two hurt for about 3-4 days, they were a bitch. I just got the top two out last week, they hurt for maybe 36 hours, if even. My face never changed and I still have an aggressive underbite.

It isn't, for some people their wisdom teeth do nothing but for me it caused me a lot of shit.

When my uppers came through nothing bad happened and the dentist pulled them. The lowers a week after they came through they became infected and my entire jaw muscles cramped up cause of excess fluid in the muscle, basically I woke up and my mouth could only open a tiny little bit, my entire jaw was stiff as a plank.

I spend 2 weeks chewing napkins covered with water peroxide before the swelling went down because they couldn't pull the teeth yet otherwise. When they pulled it it hurt a lot less than when I had the infection. When the other side came through I made it my job to get an appointment asap and several days before I could feel my jaw muscle hurting which was a sign it was going to end up the same way as my other lower wisdom teeth.

Uppers are no problem, I was eating spaghetti the same day and working the same day as well without extra painkillers.

I'm getting my 4 out on Jan 4, sounds like I'm in for a good time

I might add that lowers cause more problems though since there is a nerve running through your jaw.

The doc, when pulling one side, knocked at the nerve which caused me to not feel that side of my jaw for about 3 months. The other side was no problem at all.

Also don't exercise right away, it can cause bleeding and you might not be right in the head just yet despite your better judgement. Just eat yoghurt for a day and a half, switch to crackers and you'll be fine in 2 days if you get plenty of rest.

Your mouth will be smelly for the first days though.

Pain is what kills the weak and drives the strong forward.

just a reminder that studies have shown the roots of wisdom teeth actually produce a very powerful concentration of estrogen which inhibits T rates. Yes, even if you're /fraud/

get em pulled

This guy is retarded, not because he's telling you to avoid opioids, which you should ween off as much as you can tolorate, but because he recommends tylenol. Tylenol is a shitty painkiller, advil is what you want. The pain comes from swelling and acetometaphine (advil) reduces swelling.

My dentist told me that I should get mine removed a year ago (since then i've moved to uni campus in another country but I still come home for summer/holidays), is it crucial to get them removed? Anyone knows what are the effects of not getting them removed?

That's the end of what was probably a much longer video consisting of lots of stabbing and slicing and blood squirting everywhere.

I've put my surgery off for the last 6 months because I'm terrified of being put under. What is it like?

My lower ones are infected right now and it gives me really bad breath. My dentist told me if I leave them in they'll run in to molars eventually and destroy them bit by bit.

Nothing to be scared of. Know that feeling when you're just so goddamned tired and you begin to doze off and fall asleep? that's what it feels like to go under. they finish the procedure and allow you to gradually come to, and you're given a fuck ton of feel good stuff to ease you into the pain/soreness

you're given a fuck ton of feel good stuff
Do you talk strictly non-sensical shit under the influence or is it possible I might unload some really embarassing psychological baggage on a family member when they drive me home?

how do you kniw if they're infected?

Pockets have formed around the teeth and they reek.