Boxing

Any boxers/other martial artists here?

I was wondering if it is too late for me to start boxing seriously at 25. I'm in really good physical condition but dont have alot of boxing experience. I did taekwondo as a kid but that wont help much. The reason why I want to do it is because I always liked the idea of fighting competively.
Since 3 months ago I started training with a few mates. A wing-chun teacher, a third dam jui-jitsu (he has black belts and experience in alot of other martial arts aswell) and a mate who is in peak physical condition and has been training with the other guys for 2years and had boxed more than a year. Now 3 months in I beat the shit out of all 3 of them if we dont do any throwing and grappling. And even if we do I win most of the time except against the Jui jitsu dam. I'm also a weight class or 2-3 lower.
I'm also moving to a new city next month where I dont know anyone. There's a really good boxing gym there, probably the best in my country, and I need a hobby and place to meet new friends.

So yeah I'll join the gym anyway even if it's just for a hobby. But is there a chance I can eventually stzrt going competitive? The 2 teachers told me I got talent, have vicious punches and that I am fast af and can

You're late for professional boxing. Just boxing as a form of training is fine for almost everybody.

You should at least try it.
Doesn't matter what any of your teachers told you, nothing really prepares you to go up in the ring against a dude that wants to literally rip your head off.
My advice would be that you should start the boxing gim, try a few bouts in the amateur circle and see how you feel after that.
Source: me. Im a boxer

When is too late to start anyway?

Yeah I'm certainly going to try it. Could use the discipline and focus boxing gives you.
Read a few stories of people.being succesfull after starting in their m
Late 20's and even a few going pro at 50 (I mean they failed miserably but atleast they tried).

>I was wondering if it is too late for me to start boxing seriously at 25.
Yes. But it's fun anyway, you should do it.

if you enjoy it go for it. even if you were 15 again the chances of going pro would be small, but you never know.

Go for it you will suck at the beginning everybody does but stick with it, before i started boxing i couldnt throw a punch with my left hand to save myself but eventually it clicks and its great.

You'll get wrecked. Do it if it intrigues you and you want the fun and cardio and intellectual stimulation, but don't be think that a 25 year old white guy who's probably big and bulky is gonna stand a chance against actual boxers. If it's a halfway real gym with full contact sparring there's gonna be skinny 17 year old niggers in there that will clean your clock and possibly hurt you every time. If you're going in there thinking you're gonna be a big shot or a tough guy or a bruce cus you knocked down some chinamen and started lifting recently, you're gonna have a bad time.

That said I love boxing, it's an incredible sport and boxers are great to hang with just approach it with the humble mindset and respect it deserves.

For amateur competitions.you're fine, for a pro career you are fucked.

But let's be honest, above 15 if you are not exceptional at any sport you will not have a pro career, so really, don't worry about that, go on and have fun boxing

I'm not delusional I'm pretty sure I'll get stomped by skinny 17 year olds.
I'm not bulky thou, did a mix of lifting, running, calisthenics and conditioning.

Well amateur competitions>No competition I used to compete in volleyball as a teen and I loved the competition, really miss it and the drive it gave me outside of the sport is something I could really use

There are a lot bloomers who started late and went pro without problems

Ita everything about your genetics and work ethic

Not when you started

You won't understand how to properly throw a boxing punch for at least a year. And it takes longer to understand footwork and angles. As far as exercise, it's mainly cardio, almost no lifting. People are usually super friendly and eager to help and teach, so join up and have fun.

>If it's a halfway real gym with full contact sparring there's gonna be skinny 17 year old niggers in there that will clean your clock and possibly hurt you every time.

100% accurate and humbling

What's your height and weight

> there's gonna be skinny 17 year old niggers in there that will clean your clock and possibly hurt you every time

I watched my friend fight a skinny 17 year old nigger who couldn't miss with his jab and he stuck his jab in my friend's nose for all 3 minutes of 3 rounds. My friend got out of the ring, took his gear off, walked to his car and cried inside. It was really awkward because he was my ride home.

you fought 3 people mate
none one them in their peak, fight wise

that is a really low number
think about it

maybe he shoulda moved his head. Dodging or checking a jab aint hard, but i'm more into muay thai myself

you're definitely not too late for ammeter boxing.
you are wrong 25 isn't too late if you just want one or two professional fights. i know at least 2 guys at my gym making pro debuts next year and their around 25-30 years old. professional fighting doesn't always mean fighting the fighters you see on tv the professional scene is much bigger than you think.

Boxing isnt the only martial art out there you know.

you're late to start if you start after 16-18 range, after that everyone in your age group is extremely skilled if you're doing it competitively.

I had a really bad cold a few weeks ago, symptoms are gone but i can feel my sinus clogged.
I blow my nose everytime and nothing comes out, i can barely run 10 minutes and feel like im gonna asphyxiate
Any tips? I had to give up training anyway because of school, but now that im free i miss running badly