How much of a boost can I expect from a belt? Give me like a range in lb/kg on the big 3

How much of a boost can I expect from a belt? Give me like a range in lb/kg on the big 3

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you wear belt you can wear pants at least one size too large

Cmon pal >:(

>If you wear belt you can wear pants at least one size too large

Kek

Any non-meme answers?

Maybe 5-10% initially

With proper bracing already, max like 5kg on a squat, idk about the others.

If you have poor bracing generally, on the squat ive seen as much as 20kg

Well, you see the most benefit earlier on, the initial is the most important.

Only wear belt for diddlys
Only wear belt for diddlys if you cant trust yourself to keep your back in correct position

maybe man the fuck up and not use a belt?
99% of the time you wouldnt ever, EVER need one anyway

Did you intentionally post Klokov specifically? Because Klokov has achieved his thick torso look by doing beltless heavy lifts. You didn't specify which lift you are talking about but if you must wear a belt wear it only for heavy diddlies (which I would advise you to stop doing anyway)

I know, I've reached 1.2/1.9/2.5/3.5 for reps now, but I'm at the end of my bulk now and I at least want to do 1/2/3/4 for reps with a belt

>i want to make myself believe i achieved something i havent by cheating it
okey user, great mentality
also, end of bulk? neegus, its fucking december?

point is: belts, straps, etc make you dependent

There is no straight answer. I can tell you this about myself. I would struggle to bang out 2 reps at 315lbs beltless, I used a belt and hit a 5x5 set at 315lbs and felt like i could've done more. the next day, my muscles were sore where they were supposed to be instead of weird areas of my lowerback/hips.

It's hard to describe but using a belt made me "think less" about the lift.

Yeahh, I suppose you are right. No point in saying I lift heavy weight if I didn't really reach it. And yeah I started late in summer and plan on maintaining until February to squeeze just a bit more out of my lifts.

>wants advice about lifting belt
>posts guy that almost broke a olympic record without using a belt

>people actually think that you won't get a thick core with a belt
You are still using your core, its actually more dangerous to use a belt because you push more than your body actually can handle

Fucking junk science ITT.

EMG studies show more core activation when properly using a belt, as it gives you something to brace against. The idea that a belt will make your core weak is junk science.

Now what will happen if you always belt up is that you'll get used to the motor pattern with a belt and not brace as well without it.

Studies have shown that they only reduce sheer if you use bad form so they're not protective against injury unless you're already fucking up.

>the big 3

Does it help OHP as well? I know it helps squat and deadlifts and possibly bench but OHP strict press?

If anything its bench belt helps the least with

OP do not listen to because that is the most retarded logic ever.

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
read it

not more activation, different. they allow greater intraabdominal pressure for a given level of activation. and change activation patterns to favor rectus over obliques. belts reinforce the core allowing you to lift bigger, but they don't allow you to keep a neutral spine and don't reduce the risk of injury. in fact, improper ise cannincrease risk of injury.

stuart mcgill says don't unless you're already injured, or unless they're worth it for competition.

the bigger the difference a belt makes for you, the more you should train without one.

i really only wear them when my OHP's start getting heavy, easier to brace and keeps my back safe, thats just me tho