Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ICw-NfLD8cQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It might feel good, you might hear some cracks, but at the end of the day:

just bullshit

It helped me fix my posture

Complete bullshit

watching them work the neck scares the shit out of me t b h

It fixed my scoliosis but I'm not sure it's permanent if I don't keep getting adjustments. Bottom line: I went from scoliosis to not, without surgery.

I've had things fixed by adjustments over the years. You have to know what's possible. I didn't go for 10 years, then had a piercing pain in my back that made sleeping difficult. One adjustment and it went away. Not sure what a medical doctor would have done for that.

It's useful for what it is. It helps to educate yourself on what's possible to treat with chiropractic.

What were the scoliosis treatment sessions like?

read some intro material in chiropractic treatment and you'll quickly realize it's horseshit. insurance companies will gladly cover it because it keeps you from getting more expensive care for chronic pain.

protip: massage therapy doesn't fix anything either, it's a placebo.

It started with adjustments 3x a week, tapering down to once a month. Easy really.

bullshit and you will hurt your spine. absolutely do not pay these people a dime. if you have associates who do this, vehemently discourage them or disassociate

What are adjustments exactly?

Are massages altogether bullshit?

>it keeps you from getting more expensive care for chronic pain.
You act like that's bad.

spoonfed version:

In chiropractic, vertebral subluxation is a supposed misalignment of the spinal column leading to a set of signs and symptoms sometimes termed vertebral subluxation complex. It has no biomedical basis and is categorized as pseudoscientific by leading authorities.

the entire field of chiropractic is based on subluxation theory, and there's no evidence that vertebral subluxation even exists.

absolute trash, the one I went to left me feeling worse it is absolute retardation and if this helps to keep you away from it left wing mumbo jumbo.

Chiro at its best is mediocre phyaical therapy, and physical therapy is still mostly wishful thinking.

Check out a youtube video on that. It depends on what you need but generally they twist parts of your spine a little. Sometimes they use heat and cold. Sometimes electro-stimulation.

in summary, it does *something*. however, outcomes are not improved by having an certified therapist give you a massage vs. just having your girlfriend or wife give you a massage. it's the TLC that helps not "working out knots" or "releasing trigger points". If it feels good and helps you relax and de-stress, go ahead and get a massage, the risk of it harming you is low.

the risk of someone fucking up your neck or back with violent twisting and humping... much greater.

I had a PCL strain and the chiro I went to fixed it.
Said that my fibula was slightly out of place and after 2 weeks my knee was again feeling like it used to. For me it worked.

However, I'm going to another chiro for shoulder problems (bicep tendon) and it's not doing much. He only attaches those patches to me that shook you and doesn't really work the shoulder so maybe that's why the shoulder is not feeling better.

IMO it's worth the try OP

complete bullshit pseudoscience. anything your chiro "fixed" either healed up on its own or was placebo

youtu.be/ICw-NfLD8cQ

chiropractors sure do love doing the "lemme grab ur ass and hump your thigh" move on the ladies.

Feels nice, temporary fix, releases stress. Long term, you are better off sleeping on the floor to fix your back problems and muscle spasms.

Get lots of massages can help alleviate knots though by breaking down scar tissue.

I know a qt whose dad is a chiro. She holds that there's a lot of bullshit chiros out there but there's a few legit ones

>1:20-1:25
Pretty sure he killed her

I can second that. Some are better than others. When I moved, I went to a couple before settling on one.

That's not unique to chiropractors though. My dog's old vet sucked and her new one is great.

I have dramatic before-and-after x-rays of my scoliosis.

It helped me with my sciatica. I would suggest you try it.

no you dont. chiropractors can't straighten spines. only surgery can do that

>no you dont.
Yes I do. Not sure why that strikes you as unbelievable. Also not sure why you're so mad about things you're clearly unfamiliar with. Personal issues I guess.

Legit, but too many of them hold back on treatments to sucker the most money they can out of you.
Shop around, there is the odd decent one. Even with them, though, you can expect a level of shysterdom.

pretty much this

massages are awesome because they feel good, I don't go to a massage center looking for them to medically treat me for anything

There is literally no way that some jack wagon “adjusting” your spine will fix scoliosis. It can MAYBE help with posture but to say you went to without scoliosis is complete fucking bullshit cope.

didn't fix your scoliosis. scoliosis is a deformation of your individual vertebrae