/fast/ #62 - Answers for lazy fucks edition

>What is /fast/?

Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?

It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)

idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?

Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is the best way to water fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?

If you're lean, OMAD 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week

If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>CAN I HAVE SWEETENERS?

NO. You will fuck up your fast. Even "low GI" sweeteners will spike your insulin and slow down fat burning for several hours.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900484/

>ARENT I GOING INTO STARVATION MODE?!

Look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?

This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/

"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?

No food or water consumption. This is the fastest way to naturally burn fat. You'll feel thirsty, and your body will produce endogenous metabolic water to nourish your body. Dry fasting is also the best way to ramp up the autophagy effect.

More dry fasting info

news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t=225s

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170621103123.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wuts omad?

One meal a day

>fasting made me leave the cookies at the dining hall instead of take them

She is still fat and wearing underwear to hide fat rolls.

I know fasting doesn't cause muscle loss on fat fucks, but what about people trying to cut from 15% to 8%? I hardly see actual lifters try out fasting beyond a 16/8 IF or whatever.

one meal a day. 1 hour eating window, 23 hours fasted.

>but THATS TOO LITTLE!

no. fuck you. humans aren't meant to graze on food all day like cattle. the eating habits of most people are common, but they're not NORMAL. start fasting and leave humanity behind.

Most lifters are indoctrinated by the bloat-goblins on reddit

>bro eat way more and lift heavy
>yeah man never skip a meal

baka. pic related is the scenario you described.

206 -> 170 LBS was done with 30 days of fasting, and only 5 meals total in those 30 days (most meals being towards the end.)

>Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is the best way to water fast.
2 grams each, or 1g of each?

i started a water fast two days ago and i’m shitting yellow water

is this normal?

I want to fast but I'm scared im going to be insanely hungry or not have enough energy to get through each day, any tips bro? how do you survive the harsh first week while the body adjusts? how long can you water fast before you pass out or die?

1 tsp of each.
yes.

Don't forget that olive oil is proven to increase autophagy rates.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170621103123.htm

Your question was answered last thread.

Has any anons here shared their experience fasting from low bf%? I don't see how people can keep up the lifting intensity if they're completely fasting for over 2 days

something about too much snakejuice? i just drink watered down pickle brine

Then you have too much sodium probably. Just get potassium chloride and pink Himalayan salt if you can . 1 tsp of each in 1 liter of water and you're good to go. No shits and i don't feel like garbage. Hitting 72 hours soon

Your body is made to do this you silly fatso, there was actually a time once where people didn't go to mcdonalds 5 times a day and instead hunted actual animals for consumption

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

>KETO & OMAD
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>5'11" 190lbs 18%
> 155/235/325/375 all by 5
>Mfw i live in shit 3rd world country so I have no access to a lot of food products.

Whats a simple, proving way that can help me get down to 13-15% bodyfat fast with minimal to no strength loss?
Pls help.

first off I only eat fast food about once to twice a month mister. Secondly I just wanna know what I'm getting into id say my bf is around 20 maybe 21, so i should be able to cut down significantly within like 3 months of just drinking water correct?

would it be possible to fast and still workout

ty

Got consulted for gyno surgery. Stupid chest fat isn't going away even with weight loss. It probably isn't even true gyno. Although, the plastic surgeron said that the fatty material feels much firmer than regular fat. He will simply make incisions on the side of my chest and lipo the crap out.

I've wanted to do this since college, but never had money. Going to cost like $5660, using 12 month no interest financing for a total around $450 per month for 12 months. Going to be so worth it.

3 months of just drinking water, unless you weigh 400+ lbs is suicide

try two weeks

Eat less

Fair enough, if it turns out that my tits are permanent then I will get the suck too

You won't find one legitimate nutritionist recommending this shit. I don't know what you get out of shilling it other than trying to convince yourself you didn't fall for a meme.

nah i weigh 176 and my height is 5'8
>inb4 manlet or fatass
I'm fully aware of both these things
Thanks man ill give it my best when i return from my trip

You can't. Your muscles don't have the nutrients to recover properly and you get injured, as expected.

I would try to fast down to super low body fat% before I get surgery. Get that fucking autophagy going my man, those cells shouldn't be there.

Oh right you're one of the normies who isn't really that fat and comes here to try and be all smug

Yes. People on here have mentioned cardio while fasting and they've said they feel great. I've lifted every day on a 124 hour fast (and am still lifting while on a new fast) and can say the same. Just accommodate your snake juice to your needs.

What're your height, weight, and body fat percentage? I'd hold off the surgery and fast until the last two stats are low and can see if the gyno can go away by then.

whatre you talking about dude? I personally still think im a landwhale, my coworker makes it his mission to call me fatass everyday. I'm not trying to be smug I'm just trying to cut as much weight off as I can, id rather be skelly then have this little pudge belly

haven't looked into fasting before but seems to makes sense.
thinking of trying it.
can i drink unsweeten black tea/cofee through out the day though?

i can cut food out during a work day but i'm not sure i can get thru a day without some caffeine

does he text you fatass everyday?

maybe he is just a friend trying to give you some tough love.

Caffeine is catabolic and will fuck your gut up

stop eating

fuck
i drink plain green and black tea everyday..

damit what do?

Drink non caffeinated tea lol. Lemon ginger, camomile etc. Look up Yogi brand tea.

Broke a 3 day fast by eating cake because of a relative's birthday. Holy shit 5 minutes after a huge wave of nausea hits and I shit my bowels out. What the fuck man.

yea I mean he's joking around but it really doesnt help my self esteem problems, but again when I return i will take my last remaining DNP and fast for at least 2 weeks, maybe more if my resolve is strong enough

hope you learned your lesson, fatso.

NOW GET BACK TO FASTING

I am a weak-willed pansy. Does it become easier to water fast if I gradually lower my calorie consumption or do I just stop eating?

think i'm gonna try intermittent fasting
how far apart should my meal be from my workout?
is fine to eat within the hour of working out? or does that ruin the autophagy

gradually lower, it's okay if you need to be lowered into a fasted state over time. especially so if you're diet is full of sugar normally where withdrawing like that so suddenly will cause extreme cravings

Fit I have not eaten in 20 days. I'm on a water fast and the scale shows that I GAINED 2 pounds since yesterday. Someone please tell me what is happening.

>is fine to eat within the hour of working out? or does that ruin the autophagy

nigga what the fuck, autophagy kicks in 24+hours into fasting, regardless of when you eat/exercise

Is it normal that my dick smells fucking awful when I'm in ketosis and/or fasting for extended periods of time?
I'm showering regularly and washing thoroughly but the smell always comes back, thankfully only when I whip it out, but still. It never got this bad on my normal fatty retard diet.

The body punished your disloyalty

You've grown a tumour from posting cancer shit on Veeky Forums, sorry buddy

Look at her stomach and thighs. If your thighs chafe you need to lose weight. She could be way skinnier and she's not muscular at all either

gonna disregard unless you have evidence. everyone else seems to think one meal aday is a strategy

I wish regulars of these threads would stop indulging these idiots who refuse to read the links in the sticky. Every single question asked in each of these threads has been answered before the first post.

And half the people asking stupid questions are just ‘collecting as much information as possible before starting’ because they want to feel like they’re doing something proactive about their weight loss without actually having done anything about it yet. Same reason people ask incessant dumbass questions about lifting and ‘wanting to know what they’re getting into’ before even signing up for a gym. It’s nothing but stalling.

Stop fucking eating, it’s literally that simple. The feeling of hunger is not going to kill you. Go out for the day so that you’re distracted if you have to.

>Gonna start fasting tomorrow, any tips?
>Thinking of trying fasting, does X count as calories
You’re full of shit. Get out of my eating disorder general you lazy twats.

This

how the fuck does that work when the body can't store amino acids to repair.maintain muscle and shit? wouldn't your muscles burn right off despite the body targeting fat for energy first?

So if I'm a fatass doing weightlifting, should I still avoid eating on my lifting days?

Fucking disregard it then, the evidence is in the sticky and no one in this thread gives a shit whether you lose weight and become healthy or not, only you do and the people who have to look at you.

so its true that you'll lose muscle then, whether its from no protein or being forced to go lifhgter

No? Keto energy benefits only come when you're somewhat deep into a fast.

The attitude that makes you want to wait until tomorrow to start fasting is the same one that will be the reason you fail. It’s because you don’t really want to give up food until the absolute last minute. And that ‘last minute’ will keep on being extended through weak will until you’ve missed it and developed some life threatening disease. Start now or don’t start at all, just stop pretending your easily answered questions are anything other than procrastination.

Some people speculate that the body preferentially consumes less useful sources of protein, like dead skin, scar tissue, etc.

so I should fast on my rest days and eat on my lifting days?

It's not "speculated", it is proven that it's a thing we do, we just don't have intimate knowledge on how it exactly works, if some individuals have a genetically easier time doing it or are predisposed more than others, stuff like that. There's barely any research into this other than the foundation the phenomenon exists in the first place.

listen you stupid asshole , I'm travelling through italy right now land of good food, so I'm gonna push my fasting till i get back because I'm not gonna waste my fuckin trip. And yea i wanted to learn just a tad bit more so I can prepare for when I return

tldr; fuck you, I have actual reasons for pushing it

muscle loss is minimal to non existent, what isn't going to happen is protein synthesis, you are not going to build muscle while fasting, but the opposite isn't true.

The benefit of keto being more readily your burning fat stores means that is where your energy comes from. If you eat anything your body will burn what you’ve eaten rather than what is stored in your body. If you feel you can lift in a fasted state then doing so will burn more fat. You can’t choose to bulk and cut at the same time by fasting

I saw that talked about in one of the videos posted here. So fasting is literally the perfect cutting tool..? I hope the rest of this board is aware.

My mistake, I should have assumed the fifty anons in each general asking the same questions over and over were all currently travelling in Italy and not just stalling to give up their diet cokes.
The answers are still in the sticky and if the post doesn’t apply to you then stop taking it personally.

My goal is to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss. From what I understand I should do 'intermittent fasting' and lift while in fasted state to maximize fat loss (as well eating my bodyweight in protein and low carbs)?

I think the perfect cutting tool would still be adjusting your macros perfectly to your tdee on small deficits while still lifting constantly and heavy. Do this on one meal a day and i think you're good.

My fool proof fasting routine

>get a shit job
>spend all your pay on booze and drugs
>no choice but to borderline starve for the rest of the week

So people can't lift anymore while fasting for 3 days+? what's the point of lifting while on a fast then?

Absolutely. Narco-mode is heavily underrated my friend.

booze breaks your fast, fgt

>not drinking your entire supply in one sitting

light lifting and cardio can kick you in keto faster. Don't even think about lifting heavy on prolonged fasts.

You don’t need to lift to minimise muscle loss, fasting targets fat not muscle. Again, this is in the sticky. keto OMAD and cardio daily will get you where you want

If your liver is metabolising drugs or alcohol it’s not burning as much fat as it can be.

but I want to lift...

I am hypoglycemic will water fasting murder me ;_;

Its just water weight.

Lift then fuckhead just don’t expect massive gains while fasting as if the laws of thermodynamics are going to stop applying to you.

Holy fuck I hate this general I hope you all get the heart disease you’ve been working towards your whole life.

i used to have hypoglycemia problems when i first started lifting and was doing some random hypertrophy routine. The leg day would murder mr to the point i would get dizzy and throw up. My body adapted after a couple of months, but my guess would be the volume/tonnage was probably too high high for me.

Hypoglycemia is a meme

>tfw lose so much energy while fasting.
I'll try not to collapse in the snow. Please send me your energies.

what is trying to tell you is that you won't make gains lifting while fasting. If you still want to do maintenance workouts feel free to do so. Don't go hard on intensity and do not expect any form of progression tho.

If you lift during a fast you will

1. Maintain muscle
2. Burn more fat

So go for it

Okay awesome I have been lifting for a while now so I've gotten over some of that stuff I just wanted to be safe

Meme or not it I was told that it caused some seizures I had when I was a child so I don't wanna risk it

What's your weight

I posted this in the last thread but what will dry fasting for a month do to me? Without exercise.

Kill you of dehydration

it will kill you around day 9 maximum

i wouldn't count on dry fasting for a month, kiddo. If you make to day 10 thats already too much imo.

I don't even think the body can handle 30 days without water.

>breasts got smaller

people have done for two weeks, but i don't know if that's wise or even healthy. A 7 day dry fast is what i consider safe range, still have my doubts about it being 100% safe/healthy

so I'm gonna lose all my gains and muscles then? I thought lifting heavy but not as often was the most muscle sparing?

Snake man did 10 days. Gandi did 20. But yeah don't start with 10 days, build up to 1 then 2 then 3 max imo

Dude just do it and see how you feel!

Fat got smaller that's normal. Breasts are made out of fatty tissue. I went from D to B breast size