When performed properly, the front squat is the single most satisfying lift of them all

>when performed properly, the front squat is the single most satisfying lift of them all

You literally cannot refute this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OUux0IMVlJk
youtube.com/watch?v=xPwG2hqnOx0&t=42s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What about when I lift your mom's legs?

Don't just go for the low hanging fruit. You're better than that. We're all better than that. Take an extra 2 seconds to think of a funnier joke.

high bar back squat is more satisfying

srs question: will front squats help my hip mobility?

i lean forward too much in the squat and have to use plates or a wood plank under my heels because my flexibility is that bad. it's getting to be unstable and problematic on heavier weights. so would doing front squats, which would force me to fail the rep forward if i lean too far, help, or should i just stretch and keep back squatting?

who are you quoting?

>barbell painfully sitting on clavicle and shoulders
>forearms getting stretched to fuck
>barbell blocking airway
>can't lift as much as a back squat
>people approach you to tell you the bar is supposed to be on your back
Yeah it's one of my favorites..

yes

correct

put some muscle on your shoulders and it wont hurt you dyel faggot

>do hacksquats
>you're supposed to deadlift with bar in front

fine
>forearms getting stretched to fuck
>barbell blocking airway
>can't lift as much as a back squat
>people approach you to tell you the bar is supposed to be on your back

OHP is most satisfying because you know you look like a tank and you know everyone is watching

I can't do front squats, I can't bend my hands like in the op.

except most people don't look like a tank at all when they OHP because they're moving bitch weight

>ohp 100lb
i look like a pussy tank desu

I agree ok, not much is better than a weighted front squat.

Cross your arms on the front

front squats are a waste of time

I cannot for the life of me acheive and maintain a front squat. It puts a lotta pressure on my forearms and really hurts, i don't know why though.

So I recently started doing front squats and ass I add more weight I'm having a lot of trouble breathing, even doing diaphragm breathing I can't get anywhere near a full breath. Any tips?

do high bar back squats and fix your flexibility and balance.

it hurts your wrist and arms and the deadlift is better

>stop having small shoulders
>stretch your forearms more you ape
>stop holding the bar wrong
>only autists do back squats anyway
>caring about what other people in the gym think

Never gonna make it detected

Try not being immobile pieces of shit

Bruh, any other exercise is fine, but just that one and my forearms feel like they're under pressure. I'll stick to back squats.

I'd love to be able to do these but I don't think I have the mobility despite being able to do ATG high bars. Or am I using too heavy a weight and have to drop it down a bit to remain more upright?

i 100% guarantee i squat deeper than you

Hmm even just holding the bar at the top of the rep I can't get a full breath, will flexibility and balance help here?

It sounds like you have all sorts of form issues with your back squat and 'hip mobility' is unlikely to be the cause.

1 - Leaning forward is not necessarily wrong, in particular if you have long legs you will need to do this to keep your center of gravity over your feet. So this may not even be a problem.

2 - If you're shimming stuff under your heels, try just getting some lifting shoes?

3 - If you're going below parallel, stop that. If you're squatting high and can't get low enough, try widening your stance and/or shoving your knees apart more.

Just basically find rippetoe's youtubes and do what he says and 99.99% odds your squat will fix its self.

Or do front squats instead if you like those, whatever

this

>if you're going below parallel, stop that
Opinion immediately discarded

>>people approach you to tell you the bar is supposed to be on your back

Who the fuck does this? Front squat is pretty common.

I honestly don't find any type of lifting at all satisfying. I mean, I love making progress but I 'enjoy' even cardio more than lifting as a physical activity. At this point it's just something I have to do. Like pay taxes or go to work.

It's a weird feel.

>everyone is watching

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Any routine that has this lift I just substitute it with regular squats, I can’t stand this lift and don’t see the point in putting myself in discomfort

shut up leonidas

>zercher squats

anything over 1pl8 is considered impressive by normies

This is all pretty horiffic advice

You shouldnt lean forward on high bar or feont squats. If you are shimming stuff it means you are making up for ankle mobility.

They will be even harder to do if you already have to raise your heels because the lack of ankle mobikity your raised heels make up for is more apparent with feont squats.

I've never in my life seen someone do a front squad live. Barely ever see someone squating period.

I cant do it. It ends up compressing my throat. My shoulders dont allow much movment.

What are the advantages of front squats over a regular high bar back squat?

slightly more quad dominant and requires the core to stabilise more. only worth it if you actually do oly lifting and have to catch a clean in that position otherwise just stick to high bar if you want to hit your legs more

this

>slightly more quad dominant and requires the core to stabilise more
sounds like it could still be pretty beneficial if you're going for aesthetics/bodybuilding to me though

they are the most satisfying squat variation
OHP is still the most satisfying to progress on

You strike me as the kind of person to carry out a boring, poorly-planned, and generally lonely life, and to write long-winded posts on Facebook that get one or two likes.

supposedly all the supercoll trainers don't have their clients back sqaut amymore

>we're all better than that

>Upper back gets tired instantly

What the fuck is wrong with me?

>I 'enjoy' even cardio more than lifting

Reminder to hit full depth on front squats or it doesn't count.

for me, it's low bar squat

ayyyyy lmao

I have muscular shoulders and it hurts like hell desu. I wish my oly lifting friend still lived in the same city as me so he could correct my form but oh well, back squats for life

Also, my core gives out way before my legs so it’s a bad exercise for leg gains. I would need to leg press afterwards to really hit my quads

True, I love it. Its so comfy.

I wish he struck you harder.

For you guys having issues with your forearms and wrists on the front squat, I recommend doing the bodybuilder front squat. Ultra comfy squat

Hello newfriend

Grab the bar only with two fingers and stretch your wrists every day.

It is unironically my favorite core exercise.

NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD

Then you need a different gym, front squats are rather popular, specially after CrossFit became a thing

What about when I lift your sitser's legs?

No

kek

Your personality disgusts me, kys

Best lift (or exercise if u will) Is assisted pullups with a rubber band. Its not really useful for anything, maybe for endurance. But it feels so fucking good to do 50 pullups without stopping. Such a good therapy movement. Just dont do it when people are around, you look retarded.

kekekek

>do deadlifts
>you shouldn't stand up when doing rows

>thighs at a different angle than feet
What happened to "knees tracking toes"?

you're mum XD

>look like a pussy tank
how is this a bad thing?

You've obviously never snatched properly.

Front Squat is nice

but OHP is king. the lockout is literally the universal "victory" pose

can't beat that

>don't go below parallel
Entire post automatically becomes garbage

I used to have the same problem, fixed it by slav squatting bodyweight and stretching my hips.

What about when I lift YOUR mom's legs?

give this a try as bw lift, the figure 4 lift. Ideally, you want to "kiss" the floor with your buttcheeck, but the guy in the vid can't (neither can I)
youtube.com/watch?v=OUux0IMVlJk

and for warmup/stretch, try this
youtube.com/watch?v=xPwG2hqnOx0&t=42s

gave me DOMS in places I tought were bones. pure loaded squatting boxes up our hips big time, I always felt limited by tight quads and heel mobility (I can't kneel on my heels) more than hips. tried the figure 4 lift, was amazed at how stiff and weak I felt.
wlaking out of gym was the weirdest "pre-DOMS" (that jelly feel when you know it's coming, hard), like someone had pushed my legs to the sides of my pelvis and my upper body was resting "between" my hips, as opposed to "above" beforehand.