Post weight lifting shoes. i use these fuckers and im looking for new ones

post weight lifting shoes. i use these fuckers and im looking for new ones

Chucks /thread

The sad thing is that people believe this

Buy actual weight lifting shoes if you are a strong weight lifter. Chucks are literally foot sleeves, they are the worst possible shoe to lift with in essence, and their popularity among lifters comes -only- by availability, familiarity and not knowing any better

Who else is /socks/ masterrace? Lifting in socks is high test. Just make sure they’re clean and your feet are clean you dirty faggots.

Adipowers

Nike romaleos 2 (dont get the 3's), Anta weightlifting shoes or strengthshop coyote's. double strap is so much better than 1 strap

adipower master race

This may be the single dumbest post I've ever read

are you weightlifting or powerlifting? weightlifting requires a heel, powerlifting it comes down to preference

i use chucks because afraid of looking like a tryhard

>Buy actual weight lifting shoes if you are a strong weight lifter
You're some special kind of stupid if you pay money for a shoe made for you to think it improves your lifting. Use proper form and you won't have to spend money on some special snowflake shoe that makes your fee fees feel comfy. They're literally worse than gloves or pussy pads

Power perfect IIs. Had em for years.

pros use them, stop

I use Romaleos 3 and then Chucks for deadlifts

Barefoot everything as much as possible.
I genuinely find when I splay my toes and grip the ground - imagining pinching the floor between my pinky toe, big toe, and heel - my deadlift and squat are way better in terms of amount of weight and cleanliness of form.

All else is error and a deviation from nature.

These boys are fucking choice they smell like shit now though and the inside are wearing out from using them as beaters.

get some vibram 5 fingers

I use Altra Adams for everything. I don't know how I'm going to replace them when they where out tho

Metcon 2

This guy knows what’s up

holy autism

/thread

adidas ultra boost cream

objectively the comfiest and most stylish athletic shoe there currently is

I wear these too.

>flat
>ankle comfort and warmth
>padded tongue for when weights fall on your foot
>looks better than chucks
>easier to tuck tracksuit pants into

10/10 would recommend

>running themed fashion shoes

Yeah, no. OP wants shoes to lift in. Not be a phaggot.

chucks masterrace reporting in

wut

I use Adipowers for everything.

Same.

Unless you wear dress shoes you are a fag

You can easily lift in ultra boosts you fucking moron. You don't need lifting shoes unless your some autistic retard who actually does those retarded lifts. and you can wear ultra boosts with like any outfit and they'll look good, unless you dress like shit, which in that case you should kill yourself

those shoes look fucking retarded. I would be extremely embarrassed to ever even put them on in public. holy shit dude

>running in adipowers

You're literally retarded.

I think they look fine, keep using the shoes.
What retard goes to the gym styling

>lifting in ultra boosts
They're running shoes you fucking idiot.
Stan smiths are superior for lifting in.
I have both.

Is this like a crossover between those lame velcro dad shoes and those toe things? Either way they look retarded as fuck

Shoes with a thin, hard sole are by far the best to lit in. You might be able to find a cheap casual shoe that fits that bill at your local department store. Otherwise Chuck Taylors are great.

Proper weightlifting shoes have their place as well. They help compensate for mobility issues in the squat for some people, they are even helpful when using the PL form for bench pressing. They are also pretty important if you are doing any sort of olympic style lift.

You can get away with doing all of the above in a running shoe. However you will feel less stable in the lift, and put yourself at a greater risk of injury.

Agreed, except I feel like typical athletic shoes(running shoes, cross trainers, basketball, etc) are going to increase your odds of injury and are detrimental to good form. Not to mention you're compressing the sole so much that they're going to be worn out much sooner than is typical.

Fuck those shoes. The leather is prone to tearing. Should've done the whole shoe in canvas.

>They help compensate for mobility issues in the squat for some people
if youre using them for this reason you really shouldnt be using them

Nonsense.

from Gregg Everetts guide

stop spreading this stupid ankle flexibility meme

You can easily do a lot of things.

This thing in particular (buying expensive running themed fashion shoes for lifting weights in) is completely useless advice.

this

what kind of fucking moron runs in ultra boosts lmao. i have stans too but i prefer boosts because they're way more comfortable

found the kid who can't dress
i argree with what you mean, but most people won't have to wear specialized shoes for almost any lift day unless they're doing squat or deadlift, which on those days i'll wear flat soled shoes rather than my ultra boosts

I squat and do oly lifts in glenn pendlays shoes, deadlift in Nike metcons

weightlifting shoes have never made anybody worse at lifting weights. chucks are OK, but having arch support and a raised heel in your shoes is better imo. an elevated heel pushes your knees forward and allows you to use your quads a bit more in pulls and squats.
however if weightlifting shoes are not in your budget, or you don't take lifting very seriously, just get chucks. but for gods sake, dont squat and deadlift in running shoes

Doc martens master race reporting in

found the kid who can't dress
i argree with what you mean, but most people won't have to wear specialized shoes for almost any lift day unless they're doing squat or deadlift, which on those days i'll wear flat soled shoes rather than my ultra boosts
or you could just buy the shoes and wear them both to the gym and as regular shoes, idiot

Chucks, people use them because they have a flat stable sole and some ankle support, you don't need much else. Pros use em, beginners use em. People just like to buy extra gear for no reason.

All these kids worrying about looking good at the gym. I wear old sweat pants, a tshirt and a pair of green and purple lifting shoes that I got on eBay for $40

Who the fuck are you trying to look good for in the gym, you homosexuals

Masterrace

>running at all

you cannot front squat with proper form without a heel

>what is all of humanity everywhere else from the dawn of time outside of 'Murka