Other urls found in this thread:

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press
youtube.com/watch?v=lOylyZJFtuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how long

2 years

4 months

8 months

Meee too , just hit 1pl8 on monday after 3 months !
We're all gonna make it brah

Took me 2 months to get there. Back at 55kg now. Feels bad man.

OP here. 8 months, starting with benching the bar

Wow can’t even bench 1pl8.. it seriously took you guys that long to achieve?

And Your weight OP?

Took me 2 weeks to get up to 1pl8 bench when starting.

Real OP here, it took me 9 months

I was so scrawny when I started the bar was heavy bro. imagine being 120lbs aushwitz

Alright that makes more sense. How old are you then? You shouldn’t be that small if your over 18.. and eat normal

3 days and im dyel mode

how much is 1 pl8?

6' 145lbs
One 45lb plate on each side of the bar. So 90lbs plus the 45lb bar for a total of 135lbs.

5,000 kcal a day is not normal bro

can someone explain to a non american what 1pl8 means or is it one of those things where most people dont know what it is but they go along with it anyway?

read above

or use your fucking brain

1 plate, a plate, what is a plate :thinking:

sorry i didnt see this
so 60kg? is that for 3x5 or something?

in most gyms they have plates of different weights

>Been lifting for 3 weeks
>Started only benching 25s
>Now at one plate

just hit 60kgx5 this week, after 20 weeks, including a month with a fucked up shoulder. From auschwitz mode (started at 35x5 I think). Pretty slow but i havent been eating or sleeping properly

>can do 7 shit reps, then 5 and then 3 with the big boy plates instead of my prefered 3x10
>still brag to people about benching it

im a faggot i know

>Half way
numerically yeah, but effort wise it's more like 25 %

Restarted after a layoff doing 70 x 4 DB press.

Year later, at 70 x 12 incline DB bench, 85 x 5 flat.

Took dead from 225 x 5 to 375 x 4, from BW pull ups and dips x 10 to 90 x 3/5.

Feels good. Although I lost 3 pounds.

Hate to break it to you fags but if you can't bench 1pl8 as an adult male without any training then you have shit genes and will never make it, not even memeing.

get out of the thread dom mezziti

This, I did 1pl8 after like...two times to the gym ?

>dommazeti
Now theres a name I havnt heard for many years

>hit 1pl8 bench for 5x5 yesterday
>now I begin my cut and will probably have to deload by the end of it

Are there actually adult males who can't lift 135 on their first try? I'm not even baitinf what the fuck.

I had literally no chest and repped 135 first day in

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press
If you're an average male, you need to be 200 pounds to 1rm 1pl8 untrained.

>implying people on here dont weigh that much

for how many sets?

I know there's tons of fags meming the shit out of threads like this so Id just like to give some hope to the other skinny dyels out there.
I started at 120lbs 5'7" and I could only bench the bar. From 4 months to 8 months into lifting (3 times per week diligently) I could only bench 25 on each side and was stuck there. After that I started improving and made it to 1 plate by ~14 months. At this point I was 160lbs and looking very fit. I know I have shit genes but I still looked better than I ever thought I would as a teenager, and confidence/attention from girls has never been higher.

Don't worry about how fast others progress. You will get there eventually. Everyone has a different rate of improvement.

>implying an adult male weighs less than 200lbs

>finally hit 40kg bench
gonna make it brehs

i had to sort out some issues with grip first
go bulldogs

dont worry bro, it doesnt start feeling heavy until about 50

>tfw been stuck on 155lbs for like 2.5 weeks
>hit 2x5 1x4 one day
>missed one chest day
>next time I bench I can only get 1x5 2x3

it hurts, hoping to hit 3x5 today

>new videos every week

5x5

>subscribe to my channel, even though it doesnt do anything

he's still got good jokes desu, just sad that he has 1 vid every 2 months almost

I've never benched in my life but started lifting week or 2 ago am DB pressing 40lbers for sets of 15. Surely ill be able to do 135 right?

Maybe. 135lbs bench is harder than 40lbs DB press imo. When I pressed 40lbs easily my bench was 125lbs with difficulty.

why are you cutting if you can barely work with 1 pl9 faggot

bro didnt you know looking like a twink is the fashion now

I have to be under a certain BMI (used to be 27.5, now it's 25) to keep a military scholarship. I'm pushing 24.5 BMI because I'm a chubby fuck so I need to fix that first.

>Half way there
lel u think that. gonna take at least a year to hit 2pl8

After lifting for 6 months I can finally OHP the bar.

If I can bench press 85lb dbs what is the bb equivalent of that

Iktf
Having weak shoulders is suffering

youtube.com/watch?v=lOylyZJFtuw

Im prety sure its a 45lbs
Thats what my frieds refer to them as

kek same here, people really underrate how hard it is to bench 1pl8 if you weigh below that.
Short term goals for me right now are 150-160lbs weight and 1,5pl8 bench.

I work out at home generally, but the most I have are a pair of 25 lb dumbbells. I know I can lift more than 90 lbs totals, but my options are limited to 50 lbs. Not sure if retarded, but I generally do four sets of 25 reps at the bench. Then, I do four sets of 25 reps of alternating presses. I also ride an elliptical for about an hour or until I've burned about 600 calories. I'm not sure what this means.

It's pretty hard to compare it, as there's more of a compound movement going on when you're doing regular benchpress. Honestly, speaking from experience, do yourself a favour, and start regular benching instead. You don't have to eliminate the db press excercise, but you'll benefit more in general from primarily doing regular benchpress.

>tfw no nice ass cardassian military training in your region

Not even numerically,
>1 pl8 = 135 pounds
>2 pl8 = 225 pounds
2* 135 = 270 pounds

I'm struggling to bench 70 kilos for 5 reps now. Still I'm on a cut, lost 15 pounds in one month, with enough food and rest I'd probably progress better.

6 inches

A single plate = 45lbs or 20kgs

1pl8 = Barbell (45lbs/20kgs) with 1 plate each side = 135lbs or 60kgs

DE MONETIZED

>tfw stuck at just over 1pl8 for 9 months
the last time I progressed was after 2 weeks nofap. I swear it's not a meme; time to nofap and onion.

Jesus.

1 plate is one large plate per side, each plate weighing the same as the bar. The standard bar is 20kg or 45 lbs (I think there may be a very small difference in those two weights). So the total weight of “1 plate” for the setup is the bar plus two plates, so 60kg or 135 lbs.

Is this thread really full of grown men struggling to bench 1 pl8?

3 weeks. Couldn't even bench my own body weight when i started. A month after that and i did 185 incline press the other day, 2 full reps and 2 half reps.

t. 118 lb 5'7 manlet dyel
feelsgoodman

Audibly chuckled at work

1 day

I think it took me like 8 months

I was an lmao 105lb 9th grader at the time though

real op here, 9 monts dont listen to those trolls

this

i unironically haven't been to the gym since high-school football and i could probably put up 175

you guys are never going to make it

i'm 26 now btw

Gratsi main!

>eat more
Just try adding small amounts of weight every couple of sessions, helps you overcome mental barriers and gives you a steady sense of progression

I think it's a form issue because all my other lifts progress well and I gain weight. Bought some 0.5kglmao plates so I can progress 1kg at a time.

I don'tget it. I can do 1pl8 no prob but os this part of a set? How many reps? 1rm? What is it?

I repped 95 when I first hit the weights at 18. I was also 135lb tho

i would like to know this too

Congrats man! I'm at 115 5x8, and tried to go to 120 today. Failed. Got so pissed off at myself I did 115 until I couldn't do 5, then 100 till I couldn't do 5, then 45 until I started crying. Fuck my weak as fuck chest.

Sad thing is, I got up to 165 a year or so ago, but only by stopping at 90 degrees to protect my shoulders because I was a chicken shit. Now I'm doing it right. Wide grip, no arching, slight-pause bench press. When I hit 135 - There will be no denying it.

Is everyone memeing? I benched 1 weight plate on my first day (no brag, just being honest).

dyel leave board

BMI doesn't mean shit for lifters.

>went to 3x5 1pl8 as part of SS
>barely hit 5 reps
>decide to do rest of my sets on 57.5kg
>4 reps
>wtf
>down to 55kg(last workouts weight)
>fucking barely get 5 reps, nearly bail

wtf Veeky Forums. I rested for well over 3 minutes on each set

Are you asking what a 1rm is?

Yeah? Go and do it. Might be surprised.

Maybe just a bad training session mate, dont stress over it to hard, it happens to the best of us
Make sure you sleep well, also just because you could do it one time you have to be able to do it from then on,
I had to go back to squating 2 plates after making 2.5 plates for reps

not meming, i got there in 2 months doing ss. started out with the bar (not that i couldn't start out higher). i was 18 yo at that time

i took my uncle to the gym for the first time and he benched 1plate for reps and it was his first time, he's 44 years old too

This. enjoy your leangains skinny bro. Growing up in the 90s I was a 120-130lbs all through high school. Everyone, including coaches and doctors just said "you have a high metabolism, you cant gain weight...you're fucked". I wish I knew then what I do now about lifting and nutrition (thanks internet/sticky): Hit the weights hard/ hit your fucking protein macros/ hit the sheets for 6-8 hours. you WILL gain muscle week to week

>6'4 75 kgs
>Finally 50 kg bench
>Fail on the first set
>Deload
>Record video
>shit form, too fast going down, back goes flat after breathing
>have to deload even further

My chins and rows are much better though. Could it be because I do chins all the time at home? Will doing frequency method push ups help my bench?

Same here
Fucking weak dyels everywhere

three weeks

I never said or implied it did, but I have to keep within the regs or that sweet government money goes away.

just hit 3pl8. feels good man - fuck growing old

Is it better to focus on weighted dip over bench press if they are good on my shoulders if I don't compete?

When I joined the army I was a 159lb dyel and could bench 135x7. For perspective, I now weigh 178 at 10%bf and can bench 225x5. 1pl8 really is nothing user.

>Counting the bar to confuse our new year's friends
Devilish