Eric bugenhagen ONE EXERCISE

youtube.com/watch?v=rjRdRUr-1G0

what does Veeky Forums think?

tl;dw, only do one exercise and fucking grind it, doing too many different exercises loses focus, "don't major in the minors"

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/19799-power-people-programming-summary.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He have also said 3 excercises for aesthetics/sttrenght (as upper limit though)

He hasn't posted a new video in a while. Is he okay?

Wouldn't you lose your gainz in other exercises if you only do one exercise?

if you're a 1 year lifting noob maybe you'll lose 5lbs on a max what a disaster

can we please convince eric to trip on Veeky Forums??.. I know "hurrr no more tripfags".. seriously if eric posted here he would be crowned new king and most would gladly welcome him.

nah thats bullshit. dont copy the routine of someone with .0001% top tier genetics who works harder than you ever will every session

The book 'Power to the people' argues for a similar approach.

Basically you work up to a 5rm on the deadlift and if you want to gain size just do as many sets at 80% as you can. You don't hold the weight on the way down, you just drop it. No straps, belts, or inhalants.

Then do the same for a press variant except you obviously don't drop it after each rep.

You do this 5 times a week

That is totally different. Eric maxes out everyday. Full grinder, 20 cups of coffee, raw garlics, ammonias everyday.

Well this is one approach to training past the early intermediate phase. Which can be called Bulgarian Lite/Wisconsin method, basically you work up to a max effort lift through a cycle, several singles per session with ramping weights on small jumps multiple times a week, once you stall you change lifts with some some carry over, which is why you see Eric doing a lot of pulls. Pure Intensity, no volume, no accessory work, always towards a goal. This works obviously... What you thought 5x5 is the end game for strength?
Yes but nothing abysmal
He doesn't care about internet stuff much, also Veeky Forums autismo would scare him off
This is apparently an already tested and implemented style of training.
What you explained is different from what Eric does

I said "similar" not "the same"

he never said only do one exercise you fucking retard.

Don't have too many goals.

He thinks alphadestiny's non lifting stuff is stupid. Hed hate this place

Were losing him to the wwe. Feels pretty bad

Would it be a bad idea to do Russian Bear program 3x a week for DL + BP concomitant with PTTP for Squats + Barbell Rows?

Am I supposed to do it everyday or every other day?

Both Bugenhagen and PTTP are meant to be done everyday.

There's a similar method for beginners by Pavel called 5x5x5 Mind Over Muscle:
> Select five basic exercises for your whole body. (For example you could use squat, deadlift, press, bench press, pull-ups.)
> Perform all of them five days a week, Monday through Friday.
> Start every workout with two or three singles to gauge what the work set weight should be.
> Do only one work set of five per exercise, leaving a couple of reps in the bank.
> Focus on staying tight, power breathing and the perfect groove.
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/19799-power-people-programming-summary.html

This is really a great program, btw.

>this is what peak masculinity looks like

are her tits fake

she's just some hole

Its me

Been doing it since 12/05 and went from 350lbs DL to 435lbs today. Didn't do it every day, and even missed an entire week.

no you virgin they're being pushed against her chest by her top

What’s on his lt arm??

Eric made me realize that leading a pack is the peak of manliness

Bump

it probably works well, but it's boring as fuck

I can't believe I unintentionally did this as a beginner with pull-ups. I sucked at them so I did them everyday. Years later I can rep them like no problem and do them with heavy weight added. Wish I researched around more and saw this type of program already existed, it does work so well.

I'm doing something similar on the deadlift, documenting it on /plg/. On day 3, adding 5kg to my dl 5 rep each day. At 155kg tomorrow will be 160kg after heavy squats.

No ammonia

He used to do a lot more volume obviously, and still does high rep conditioning and amateur and now pro wrestling practice

well thats what i do for legs
i only squat, first i go 5x5
then lower weight and do like sets with 10 and 12 reps for many more sets
no other leg exercise is fun for me

U get to set a PR every day how is that boring

hes very busy with wrestling

love eric

loser, if not borderline suicidal mentality

>He used to do a lot more volume obviously
He didn't, I literally just explained his training method, I'm not making this up. If you talking about about his muscles mass: you don't need high volume to build muscle, obviously it is optimal to do so, he's been in a bulk forever and like you pointed out he was an athlete, he already had plenty of muscle.
>and still does high rep conditioning
He didn't, if anything he did some very light accessory work e.g band triceps extensions
>and amateur and now pro wrestling practice
Obviously his training regiment changed, he reported so that on top of WWNXT training he does Wisconsin method, so yeah he gained some muscles lately, but not that much compared to before, he already had most of it.

Brachialis i think

Been doing this since he made the vid.
Killing my PR's since.
He was dead fucking on.
You aproach it way different knowing it's all you're gonna do that day.
Volume is useless past noob gains.

stats?

should I do this or SS?

imagine this mother fucker at a planet fitness.

25 y/o
6'5"
216 lbs

150 OHP 1RM
260 bench
315 squat
340 DL

I'm know I have low numbers to give advice but I put 15 lbs on all those lifts since his vid after a literal year of stall city.
Healing my shoulder also was a big help.
I also highly recommend looking into PR killing metal.

What were you doing before jumping in the Bugenhagen/bulgarian method?

SS with accessories.

Can you elaborate. Do you go to the gym and literally just do Bench press until your are dead then go or something? Is it literally just one exercise. How often per week do you hit each body part

6 sets.
Go up 20 lbs each set.
I start backwards from the PR set I'm going for.
For example, I hit 315 on my 6th set last squat session.
So I'll go for 325 next session.
That means I'll do a set of 225, 245, 265, 285, 305, 325.
I'll do like 3 reps the first 3 sets. Then maybe 2 for the final 3 but the 6th usually ends up just being 1 rep but that's fine by me.

SS is 'this'; there's only six exercises in a standard SS novice routine.

What does your week look like for the routine? Looking for something to base mine off of.

true eric would trip as the BUGEZ so gtfo

I'm at 1pl8 OHP for 3 reps. Can I do this until 185lbs OHP for 1 rep?

He just means dedicate yourself to a target.

If you're looking yo improve your press, why have are you doing db rows and squats in the same workout.

Unclutter your program and dedicate yourself.

Everyone forgets about glute/ham raises...

But yeah, a squat, a press, and a pull is all you need in a workout. Volume changes depending on how far along you are, but there's rarely any need to let it get more complex than squat/press/pull.

1. Deadlift
2. Bench
3. Squat
4. Rows
5. Rest
Repeat.
I also do some abbs most days.

Awesome thank you. Must be intense only having to focus on one thing a day.

It's a thrill.
Best wishes.

Why are there faggots on Veeky Forums that require having some “king”’s dick in their mouth at all times?
Just apply advice from other lifters and give advice to other lifters. Stop promoting the need to be a faggot fanboy of e-celebs.

You're doing each lift once a week only?

Na, it's a 5 day "routine".
Totally irrespective of the 7 day week. I live very close to my gym and work so I don't need a routine based on the 7 day week. You can even skip the rest day and I'm sure you'll be fine if u just do 1 lift a day.

Nah

Unless the volume is very low there's problems to be had with daily training with no real benefit. Systemic fatigue will build up otherwise and that will affect all your lifts negatively

I mean, 1 exercise (15 reps total) comprising 1 gym session seems like low volume IMO.

What if i have a normal routine where i hit everything but i mostly just focus on one thing?
Say i wanna up my squat alot, i will hit everything else but i will only focus on squats. Everything else i will just lift to not lose the muscles

It's the least boring way to train for me. Get in the gym, max out, leave. Everyday until you plateau or reach a goal, then switch to another lift. No messing around with bullshit accessories or spending 2 hours in the gym doing million reps or waiting for equipment to free up.

Well yeah that would be fine.

Great, many bodybuilders do this due to the time constraints of doing high volume for the whole body. Do between 6 and 10 sets per week, 1-2 reps shy of failure, for each bodypart to maintain it. Muscles that are inevitably hit often especially with heavy compounds such as abs, front delts, traps and glutes don't need to be directly trained at all to maintain their size.