Can i get a good workout just by doing push-ups, pull-ups and body weight squats?

>Can i get a good workout just by doing push-ups, pull-ups and body weight squats?

I don't enjoy complicated exercises, and I don't want to go to a gym. My goal is to perform one handed push ups and pull ups, I can already do pistol squats, my question is: are these 3 exercises alone enough to maintain a healthy body?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=panVpr1Dz68
youtube.com/watch?v=cKx8xE8jJZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, add some jumps and you are done.

focus on mind muscle connection, do the movement slow, and progress to harder variation
pull up - atcher pull up - one arm pull up
squat - narrow feet squat - pistol squat
also, implement the handstand movement.
follow a proper diet and you'll become a beast

they are all compound movement, you don' need to isolate a muscle
add the bridge for the posterior chain

You can throw arrows with your hands and paint without a brush too but if you ever want to be any good at it, you're gonna be wasting your time.

he wants an healthy and functional body, there is no need to waste money at the gym

Like I said, you can decide not to "waste" money on a bow and still "shoot" arrows but let's see how good you ever get.

Obviously. You don't need to lift weights to be healthy.

check out convict conditioning

>I don't enjoy complicated exercises, and I don't want to go to a gym.
There is solution for you, comrade.

You are an idiot.

Your analogies are not comparable to fitness. You don't need tools to workout, unlike painting and archery that require tools. Your body is the only thing you need to get fit.

Picking heavy things up and putting them down doesn't make you "good" at health. Some lifters are the most unhealthy people around, look how early many of them die due to their poor health.

What do you mean by a beast?

You can litterally paint and throw arrows with no tools.
It's an apt analogy.
Cope harder.
There is not one single top lifter who got there without equipment.
You can lift, but you'll simply be shitty at it.
If OP was on an island, I'd give legit advice.
But he sounds like he simply thinks he can outsmart barbell users and that's simply stupid.

The question is: can I build muscle if I follow the OP routine and a proper diet?

no. body weight is not heavy enough to gain muscle with

Yes, you can. But don't think those three exercises aren't "complicated". All three are easily fucked up by bad form, and honestly not many people do them properly. Just look at the guy in your picture; he's endangering his shoulders by flaring his elbows out. Elbows should be kept relatively close to your sides to properly active your chest and triceps.

What about those jacked youtube guys who claim to do only calisthenics?

try to do these, i bet you can't if you're a man but these girls have no problem.
youtube.com/watch?v=panVpr1Dz68
it's a mayweather sit up but without anyone holding your legs. i'm a calisthenics stud and can only do one rep.

>good = being a powerlifter
Good job making people think gym goers and lifters are all elitists or faggots or fucking losers who need gear.

Yes you can. Jeez. Veeky Forums is fucking terrible.

You can build muscle with body weight you just have to do progress to more complicated exercises over time.

Read
Convict Conditioning
Infinite Intensity
You are your own gym
Naked Warrior
Then take up some form of cardio. Yes a pick up game of ball or playing a strenuous sport for 30+ minutes is considered cardio.

OP never asked how to be a top lifter. He asked if those body weight exercises were enough to excel further in bodyweight exercises. Why are you getting so worked up over something that nobody brought up?

Try 2 read next time. :)

I'm "elitist" in the way a painter sees a finger painter.
Way to project tho.
Cope further, I need (You)s.

jesus i had no Idea things were this bad, I thought /v/ got the bulk of the gafugees

Useful! Thanks.

...yeah

you're an embarrassing faggot
You don't have to lift to get fit and stay in shape
You don't even have to become a backyard amature gymnast to get fit and stay in shape.
Just master the basics and be consistent

Al Kavadlo's Get Strong is a really great program too.

Ok OP, yes, you will get better at your dumb exercises by doing the same dumb exercises.
You can also get better at copping onions with your hands by chopping onions with your hands (shocking, I know).
In spite of that, you should still buy a knife.

Go on. I know that's Pavel Tsatsouline but what are you referring to?

the fuck are you on about

hey andrew its alex. I hope you have a shit christmas, get coal, and your family dies then you die.
get out off my fucking board and seriously fucking die

>"I lift weights and anyone who doesn't lifts is a fucking imbecile"

nobody gives a shit, this is a thread about calisthenics, if you don't like it leave.

The OP starts with a question. Idk what u want lol.

That you should get a kettlebell

I need more information. I assume Tsatsouline has some sort of routine where the only equipment needed is a kettlebell. What's it called?

youtube.com/watch?v=cKx8xE8jJZs

Thanks

>are these 3 exercises alone enough to maintain a healthy body?
It's almost enough. It would help to have a barbell/dumbells to do overhead press, it's not easy to replicate the movement without weights. OHP is always going to be a fairly low weight exercise so you could probably manage with cheap vinyl weights.

Poor health user? Steroid abuse?

slightly unrelated, but greg nuckols has reccomended switching to a few hundred pushups a day instead of bench for dealing with plateaus

we stammer something about roids and wonder why scooby left us

>implying gymnists use calisthenics.
>mfw

Dat symmetry

Got anymore of those images?

what about pike pushups/handstand pushups?
i actually have a soft spot for them thanks to a certain cartoon general

Do high reps and you gain muscle.

Wrist is overstretched in holding position

Decent if you're a skelly but after a while you'll have to get a gym if you want to progress in terms of strength and aesthetics

jesus fuck bro just stop