QTDRTOT

Sorry been waiting a few days for a thread. Nothing has come up. Genuinely afraid of hurting myself. There seems to be some controversy on when and where you should start wearing a weightlifting belt. What do, and more importantly when.

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/InteractiveNutritionFactsLabel/dietary-fiber.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is this lift called?

My cousin does the same as that pic for 180 lbs 3 reps with spotter helping. He has been working out for 3.5 years.

It's called fucking stupid by everyone with two braincells to rub together.

Powerlifting
Women

The meme writes itself

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/

Basically, don't unless you're injured or you compete.

TY
Not read all of it yet, but so far seems pretty comprehensive.

*so far.

Decline bench press you dumbass, fucking idiots taking over.

If you could own just one dumbbell weight, what would it be?

So I'm doing boxing for fitness, health, and fun. On the side I do running and just started lifting weights and my question is how many reps should I be doing? Boxing is my main thing and I want to keep muscle mass off to keep speed and stamina up - for lifting should I be doing high weights low reps or low weights high reps?

>Basically, don't unless you're injured or you compete

You can wear a belt even if you don't compete and/or aren't injured. Wearing a belt, as stated in the article and other sources, improves core activation by a marginal amount. Consequently, wearing a weighlifting belt helps decrease the potential of suffering from an abdominal or inguinal hernia.

There's a correct way to go about wearing a belt. When performing heavy compound lifts (e.g. squats, deadlifts), throw the belt on when you feel your back beginning to round. Simple.

>throw the belt on when you feel your back beginning to round

that's stupid. your core is too big of a muscle group to just put a bandaid on. If your back starts to round you need to work on your core strength better

this is different from something like straps for DL because it's a big compound lift and your grip/forearm strength is such a small muscle group (relatively)

Abdominal pressure is a major part of what keeps the back straight. A belt, as long as it's used to improve that pressure and not as a crutch for bad form (many do not understand this), can help you to get into deadlifts heavy enough to really work the secondary muscles without fear of your L1 shooting across the room.Almost no one except for those with freakishly short torsos or freakishly strong cores are able to get anywhere near their max without the back bending.

power lifting kegels

Knees hurt during jefferson deadlift, what am I doing wrong fit?

Im a guy and i have thick legs and butt coupled with apt should i not squat and what can i do in the gym to work abs other than crunch machine as i hear it can mess up the back further for people with apt

help

>QTDRTOT
what?

what do you do for muscle ache after a workout? i might have over done it yesterday

questions that dont require their own thread

I shit so hard I got a hemeroid. Do they go away? Do I need to go buy those medicated pads? I can’t afford a doctor.

then perhaps it could not be found because it's generally QTDDTOT

Cable crunch, decline situps, leg raises

How do I use the plated machines without being approached by some faggots telling me I'm doing something wrong?

serious question, I'm just coming up to 60kg on my squat, shall I just change to 3x5 to save time? I have started needing 3 mins rest between sets and it's just taking too long

I can feel my form going towards the last few reps on set 4 and 5,

How about you just do whatever feels comfortable and best for your body without injuring yourself or doing too little?

High weights low reps, Olympic style stuff. This will max your strength gains without excess muscle mass. You still need to eat

How much fiber do you all aim for? Whenever I hit 38g, I always become horribly constipated. I've had much better luck limiting myself to ~20g. I always drink about a gallon of water a day, so I don't think that's a factor.

Am I still training my grip if I use chalk during deadlifts?

Does wearing a belt and brace make a huge difference when it comes to squatting?

I saw someone scrawnier than me squatting a bit more than me with accesories on

Can you work out legs 5x a week? I want to be thicc for the summer

If I'm on a 400 cal cut should I drop my compounds from 5x5 to 3x5 (that is, 3 sets of 5) until I hit my goal weight? I lift 4 days a week generally. Going from 180 -> 170

I squatted last sunday, struggled and didnt finish the last two set. The next day i felt sharp pain every time i extend my left knee. I can still feel it today.

Did i snap city my knee ?

Are these things useful at all?

I work at an office job all day (with a standing desk!) and would like some things I can do to maintain fitness while working.

Any suggestions for accessories?

I have snapping triceps, so I deloaded bench and OHP while I rehab the tendon. Should I deload rows to compensate and avoid imbalance, even though they're unaffected by snapping triceps?

12.5g/1000kcal is the FDA recommendation.
accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/InteractiveNutritionFactsLabel/dietary-fiber.html
Yes, it just prevents your fingers from slipping.
The difference is significant but not monumental. Depending on how skilled you are at bracing without a belt, using a belt might add anywhere from 5-20lbs to your max.
Definitely don't lift heavy with the same muscle group that often, you're not leaving anywhere near enough time for recovery and will end up making no gains and/or injured.
All depends on you. If you can maintain 5x5 volume, you should. If it's too much, you can drop to 3x5. It won't make much difference in regard to fat loss.
How intense is the pain? Can you walk on it?
Anything you can do without strain is useless. Squeezing a 45lb gripper for hours will just give you RSI. That said, there's nothing wrong with using grippers, but you have to keep progressing to heavier ones when you pass the 15-25 rep range. Pic related

>How intense is the pain? Can you walk on it?
Yes I can walk. It only hurt when I'm contracting or extending the leg.

its called "taking a picture of a girl setting up for a bench press"

What the fuck is a plated machine

There's probably no need.

Can't you contract or extend your leg simultaneously?

I can but it feels pretty weak

Thoughts on shaving armpits? I've been really smelly lately and they don't look good either. Last time I trimmed they chafed bad but I think I might try trimming em short because it seemed to cut the smell out when I did it.
Will post a braphog or titcow for all (you)s

Decline bench press, they just dont have a decline bench in that gym

The hair collects the sweat. If you shave it you'll sweat like a motherfucker in any room that's >75°.

True. Guess I'll just trim it.