I might have food poisoning. just ate bad chicken. help

I had some chicken drumsticks in the fridge and made some deep fried chicken today. Problem is I left it in the fridge for almost a week which is way longer than recommended.

It smelled kind of chemically, and I looked it up; that's a sign it went bad. I knew it might be bad since I left it in the fridge so long but I was so hungry, I ate one and a half pieces before I checked it. It tasted okay, but a little weird, like it was a bit burnt or overcooked. It was breaded though which changed the flavor.

I did cook the chicken thoroughly. ~12 minutes in the oil on medium and at least 20 minutes boiling in a pot on high. Maybe I cooked it well enough that I'm okay?

It's the start of the holidays for me and I'm terrified of getting food poisoning. What should I do?

I ate it less than an hour ago if that helps.

Throw it up if you're so worried.
I ate half a packet of ground beef once, then saw the half that was leftover raw when I went to put it in. Completely rotten. I've got a chronic stuffed nose so I couldn't smell it, but I remember it tasting a bit funny, but I use a lot of spices and shit so didn't think it was the meat.

Barfed the whole meal up into the toilet and was fine.

how do I throw it up on purpose

OP, go to the bathroom and stick your finger down your throat. NOW.

Chicken is only good for a few days in the fridge, and if it smells bad, it IS bad. Unless you REALLY want food poisoning.

stick your finger really far down your throat? don't little bitches in high school do this shit all the time?

cooking does kill bacteria, but they still leave behind toxic compounds, if it's even slightly off, you should still consider throwing it up for your health... not that throwing up is good, but off chicken could make you really sick.

at the same time, supermarkets across the west sell off-chicken by covering it in seasonings.

You kneel over the toilet, then put your fingers and push into the back of your throat. Feel around a while and you'll probably find a spot that makes you start throwing up.

First you'll gag, but if you continue it starts pouring out. Brush your teeth after to get rid of the stomach acids and make something new to eat.

if you brush your teeth right after throwing up, you'll wear away the enamel because the acid will soften it, and then brushing it will just fuck with it. this is why brushing after soda is not the best idea. better to drink some neutral ph water, or alkaline, assuming he has some, which I should probably not.

eat yogurt after throwing up instead

Huh, learn something new everyday.

OP, don't brush your teeth. But report back if you succeeded barfing.

OP please report back about barfing plz

ok I'm gonna try.

Will report back.

I'm trying but I've never thrown up on purpose like this. It's hard, and it kind of feels wrong.

I hadn't eatin since breakfast so my stomach is basically empty.

yeah... you might not be able to. they used to sell ipecap to make you violently throw up in case of a situation like this, but I think too many people died from it.

you might get diarrhea and even worse problems if you can't force yourself to. maybe use something other than a finger? I think anorexics sometimes have a tool they use

Be more forceful, nerd. How can you not know how to make yourself throw up? Point at your sides around the tonsils and stuff. Geez.

Fuck it if I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die. There's a chance I could be fine. I cooked it well, and I i didnt eat that much. I'm gonna roll the dice on this one.

DUDE

JUST SPIN AROUND IN A CIRCLE A SHIT TON UNTIL YOU GET REALLY DIZZY AND MAKE YOUR EYES MOVE REALLY FAST TOO WHILE YOU'RE DIZZY

>inb4 OP cracks his skull open hitting a counter falling and dies from blood loss

RIP in pieces user, natural born deepthroater with no gag reflex, sorely missed

1 week isnt long enough for chicken to go bad you autistic nerd

you're the autistic nerd. chicken is the most dangerous meat to deal with. it is widely known that chicken can only keep in a fridge for a few days to stay safe. something about salmonella, or like that poultry is way less dense than beef so it's really easy for bacteria to penetrate inside or something

Lol at everyone making him throw up.

Are there people that just can't make themselves throw up? I remember trying to in my eating disorder days and no matter how many techniques I tried or how much I forced it wouldn't happen. Thank god it didn't or I'd be bulimic but makes me wonder how those little girls can and i cant

I ate bad chicken once. Felt fine until the next day. Started hallucinating like I was on mushrooms. Woke up on the floor, I had completely changed my clothes and put shoes on. Never risking that shit again.

OP, a week is definitely past the upper end of how long you should have chicken in the fridge. 4 days max desu. Any longer than that and you should freeze it. The chemical smell is ammonia, which is bad news.

BUT the good news is that your body is a very hostile environment. It's entirely possible that your digestive system will be able to handle the bad stuff that chicken will throw at it, especially since you ate so little. But this is not a gamble you want to take often. Furthermore, the majority of food poisoning cases for chicken happen due to undercooking raw chicken, rather than eating cooked chicken that's been in the fridge too long. Symptoms should take about 12-24 hrs to manifest if they're going to.

If you really want to make yourself throw up, drink a lot of water before you do.

>12 minutes in oil and 20 in a pot of boiling water
You're fine. The chicken was definitely rotten but cooking the shit out of it will kill any bacteria.

You are an idiot though. Don't eat spoiled meat.

I'm gonna pray to the winter king to deliver unto me healthy stomach.

I did the math, if I get food poisoning ill be okay by christmas.

Slightly related question.

How bad is it to cook chicken in the microwave? I make it weird where I take the skin off, and cook it till it's pretty much done, take it off the bones and weigh it and then put it in the microwave again till it's almost overcooked (love crispy chicken). About half a kilo of chicken.

I know sounds retarded but I fucking love it

it's the toxic waste the bacteria leave behind that is a problem. shit causes cancer.

microwaved anything is fucking disgusting and I hope you enjoy dying young of cancer

Pro bulimia tactics: drink a shit load of water before you want to throw up. Let that shit mix around a minute or so, shake yourself about a bit. Then stay standing up, but bend yourself over so your face is over the toilet, this is the professional stance for most efficient caloric removal. Let gravity assist you, don't hinder it. Then basically just stick your fingers in your throat and tickle it and wait for it all to come out.