If you get annoyed at new years resolutioners trying to improve themselves then youre an asshole

if you get annoyed at new years resolutioners trying to improve themselves then youre an asshole

They only try to improve until it becomes inconvenient, then they give up

They aren’t trying to improve themselves, if they were they would actually stick with it

>trying to improve yourself
> waiting till a number changes to do it
Lies. They always quit

No, fuck you. NYRfags clog up the gym all January and make it hell for us who actually give a shit.

If you cared about being healthy, you would've started yesterday instead of waiting for some arbitrary future date.

Its annoying cuz they have shit gym etiquette. They never rerack their weights and take up precious squat racks so they can do shoulder shrugs and good mornings, fuck them.

This. Those that actually commit and learn the basic dos and don'ts of the gym are fine. Its the cunts that either quit two weeks in or do rude shit like hover over you and hem and haw loudly while you're at the squat rack to try and get you to move despite you telling them clearly that you've got three more reps to bust out. You know what? This is is now a New Years resolution story thread. Post your interesting stories of resolutionists lads.

This is now a SIR thread.

no, Satania taking over starting now

No.
They decide to just show up and "hit the weights" with 0 fucking idea about what exercises are worth doing.
I had to wait 20 minutes to squat so that some full grown DYEL fuck, who had no excuse to not get educated, could do 8 sets of different curl variants with a mother fucking barbell.
Those fucks are the scum of the earth.
>inb4 implications
No, fuck you, these people should fucking die.

> omg ur asshole!!! :(
Society abandoned me, why should I give a shit about what it thinks of me?

Give me some fucking money and freedom and then we'll talk.

>Freedom
Assuming you're not shitposting from jail, do you not live in America?

I live in America, yes
> student debt
> everything a hate crime
> private roads
> building codes
> welfare for POCs comes from our paychecks whether we like it or not

THAYLL NEVER TAKE MUH FREEDUMZ

I know it seems rough sometimes, but at least we're not as cucked as Britain.

"Hey bud, excuse me. Would you mind using those *points towards pre-weighted barbells* so that I can use this rack to squat?"
Oh you can't do that because you're autistic. Faggot

...Yet.

Our societies differ in shittiness only by degree, the underlying nature is identical.

I can make shit up too.
"You can wait, I'm going to finish my perfectly legitimate set of 8, kipping, overhand barbell curls in the squat rack and then you can do your perfectly legitimate squats after :^) ."
I shouldn't have to educate adults.

People hate NYR's because their temporary overzealous motivation is cringy as fuck because they quit a week later

People hate NYRs because Veeky Forums is a bunch of spergs that can't talk to people, like Just tell them to move, dumbass.

Move to Mexico my dude, not even joking

If you think new years resolutions aren't a limp wristed attempt at self improvement you're a retard. Thery always fail because people don't actually want to do what it takes to better themselves. So they start at an arbitrary time so they can stroke their ego and say "well at least I tried". You didn't try faggot, you just want validation for a shit attempt at getting what you want.

>Today is gonna be the month when I'll finally get swole.
>In February I'll be getting ALL the chicks.
>I'll go to the gym every goddamn week - just watch me!

Fuck off, we're full.

NYR fag. I can understand why people would hate us. It's a yearly flood of dumbass new fags shitting up the gym where you hang out. I get it. That's why I started a month early, in visit in the AM, and I keep to myself mostly using the cardio or targeted weight machines like the row or curl. I don't bother anyone, they don't bother me

Nobody goes to the gym to outright meet people retards. I'm sure you're also a sperglord if you can't tell people go to workout and leave. Also if your fatass actually somehow got lost and ended up at a gym once, youd know that people retardedly using open slots where actual lifters could do their actual routine instead of a spazz tard doing some zany dumb shit like step ups on the benching bench, then you maybe would understand how nyr tards are dreaded

>Just get your gym membership revoked, dumbass.
FTFY

This

If someone is serious about wanting to improve themselves, they're going to get up and fucking do it, not hold back. The fact that they show delay already sets them up for failure.

am I a NYR'er if I started yesterday? To be fair I was planning to start months ago but I barely got the $80 spare cash to do it yesterday and then I found out there's no joining fee if you're under 25 and so it was only $35 which I've had forever and could have joined months ago.

Talking to people won't get your membership revoked.

>Nobody goes to the gym to outright meet people retards.
I agree, turd burglar. However, I'm pretty sure you have the communications skills to talk to people about moving their ass out of the way, you don't have to become their friend or give them advice, just say "hey buddy, are you using that?" simple, right?

your*

They obviously are using it. You're a retarded liar if you're saying that you go up to people and tell them (like a little bitch, it sounds) to go use other weights. If you think it's that simple you're dumb

They usually stuff their fucking faces the day prior, too.

We know what you're doing. It's pretty obvious when the gym gets slightly more busy and the amount of dyels increases. You guys don't tend to last either.

You guys are slightly different. You're not starting because of an arbitrary date but out of insecurity of starting at an arbitrary date. Either way, you're a dyel who has the potential to be doing dumb stuff.

>if you get annoyed by teen drivers driving like inconsiderate assholes then youre an asshole

I get annoyed at everyone who does retarded shit on machines. They're no different. Just more numerous.

If they were, they wouldn't need a fucking excuse like the new year to start it

They are not trying to improve themselves they are playing out a fantasy with unrealistic expectations.

99% of them will be gone in a month and there 12 month contract will fund the gym so that the rest of us can workout.

I get annoyed by anyone affecting my gains, but we need resolution's without them it would cost way to much thank god they are quitters.

this thread makes me feel better for some reason. i know no one likes braggers but when i wanted to start working out for my new years resolution i just thought to myself, there's literally no reason to wait and got myself a membership the morning after.
It's been over a year now and I can honestly say that starting early December is way easier than starting early January, especially by the time the NYR people come around youll have some sense of gym etiquette and a solid routine down.

shit is hard, you fall off the wagon. way to be supportive, assholes

the issue is the equipment being hogged

I don't even work out if I only have 5-8pm free, it's too fucking crowded with dudebros and girls. Im not part of the moral police or whatever and I don't hate on them even if they did set an arbitrary time for a lifestyle change, or even if they don't commit to it. When it begins to negatively impact me then I care/care

Except the vast majority aren't trying to genuinely improve themselves. If they truly cared, they wouldn't wait for a day to pass to start.

the only reason i'm fucking hating so hard, is because you don't have to wait 'till fucking 1st of jan, you're welcome to start changing your lifestyle when you actually realize you have a shitty one.

the kettlebell bitch broke me hahahaha

You're**

Not sure if you're an idiot or if i took the bait though.

This hurts even more.

At a NY party, "What's your New Years resolution?"

"Oh, I'm going to start working out and getting into shape," they say as they fucking stuff their face.

At least it's 10x better then starting in the first week of January.

The question: What kind of dumbass needs a specific date to start getting fit?

The answer: The kind that doesn't actually get fit.

ironic

WHat the fuck are these tiny tits on my satania? She should be stacked.