/fast/ #64 - idiot proof version

>What is /fast/?

Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?

It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)

idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?

Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is the best way to water fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>CAN I EXERCISE WHILE FASTING?

Yes, but until after you've done your first 48 hour fast. I'm 4 days into a fast and have exercised every day.

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?

If you're lean, OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week

If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>ARENT I GOING INTO STARVATION MODE?!

Look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?

This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/

"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?

No food or water consumption. This is the fastest way to naturally burn fat. You'll feel thirsty, and your body will produce endogenous metabolic water to nourish your body. Dry fasting is also the best way to ramp up the autophagy effect.

More dry fasting info

news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t=225s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=sUOT36hC2bk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2686332/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

seems like bullshit

elaborate and enlighten us with your anonymous knowledge

Wait I heard your supposed to drink water when fasting or is that optional? Fat fuck asking

water fasting is okay. Dry fasting is if you're trained somewhat in fasting and okay with feeling weak. Whgiel water fasting you can do shi tlike work or light exercise.

Ah ok thanks for help mate couldn't wrap my head around it

>You'll feel thirsty, and your body will produce endogenous metabolic water to nourish your body.
Haha holy fucking shit you guys crack me up, how do you write this stuff? Your body needs water to break down fat and it has no way of storing water, that's the whole reason you die after 3 days on average. We aren't fucking camels.

hey faggots, why not edit your gay unsourced image for syntax and spelling before using it as the header for your jerk off thread?

You again, just fucking stop. I finished my 5 day dry fast today. Go troll somewhere else avocado.

Haha come on man jesus fucking christ stop it with the bullshit

I'm going for a 7 day next. Gotta fatten myself up before tho

Gonna end my first water fast on my 7th day. Just a test if I could do it planning on doing a 2+ week fast in january
Is potatoes and yogurt good?Can I eat bread with fibers?
How many days should I wait before I can eat meat cus a new burger place opened and not enough burger places to crave my amerifat need here in Bulgaria

I think I talked to you last thread but how did you come in and out of your dry fast. I plan on doing 3 day dry fasts every week on my days off to heal skin issues. I'm trying to make a weekly plan where I can still lift as much as possible but still get in a 3 day dry fast safely every week.

>accidentally let slip I'm fasting
>Group of normie friends gang up on me and tell me it's bad for me
>Reject anything I say in response to their arguments with non-arguments
>Tell me I'm stupid and doing it the wrong way

Maybe if I was dry fasting they'd be right to worry but I'm 235lbs/111kg at 6'0. Why do they think I'm going to die? Why can't normies just listen?

yeah I just told my mom that I was doing OMAD and she started ranting about how unhealthy it is. JUST

Does anyone have the link to the link to the redditfag who fasted for a couple months straight? It used to be in the OP but I can't find it anymore.

IF is the only safe way to fast

>be skelly thanks to controlled fasting
>let it slip that i'm fasting
>they tell me I'm anorexic
>order shit tons of fast food and eat it in front of them probably about 2500-3000 calories
>say "thank god I'm not fat"
>they leave me alone while I fast the rest of the week

Shieeettt

>browse /fast/
>think it's all a meme
>do 2 48-hour fasts a week for a month, OMAD rest of time
>Lost 20 kg
Holy shit this isn't even hard

Onions my man

you lost 20kg in one month? stop lying on the internet user

Explain please

Test dropped after fasting?

first 3 days were ez pz as i did 3 day dry fasts before. 5th day was hell tho, my sleep was all fucked up.

>tell my mom I am water fasting
>"really? I tried it when I was young but I couldnt bear the hunger"
>tell my dad I am fasting and explain to him I am not hungry
>he makes fun of me
>"well if you arent hungry you can just fast forever and dont spend money for food"
>tell my friends
>they are interested and asking me shit
>best friends make fun of it cus it sounds like water fisting
>Veeky Forums friend supports me
I think you need to get better friends

they've been brainwashed hard

So you don't think I'll have to take an extra day coming out of the dry fast to only drink fluids? Also did you use baking soda, ACV, or lemon juice? I plan on using baking soda and ACV to come in and out of the dry fasts.

Good goy

My best friend is supportive of me, mainly because she wants to see me achieve my goal by any means. These people are mainly just orbiters.

did some baking soda before fasting. I'm drinking only luquids today, 2L coconut water down, 1L lemon juice down, and i'm gonna do 1,5L of grape juice. All organic. So far piss is still dark as fuck.

"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

-The Hacker known as Veeky Forums

A lot. After 8 weeks of IF, the TRF group (timing restricted feeding) had a significant drop in Testosterone and T3.

even without the trip and caps it's so easy to spot you.

For reading the article and posting the conclusions?

I used to have really thick hair but after living in a house with a ceiling full of black mold for 2 years my hair is kinda thin. I've Been out of there for about 4 months now and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if fasting would help me regrow my hair or make my hair even worse.

are you getting paid to do this? You cherrypicked 2 fucking lines of a study, provided zero links.

Well I drink a lot of coffee while fasting. Am I doing wrong? In fact I started to feel very down (too much coffee maybe?) but after I drink water and salt I'm feel much better.
Anyway I'm losing weight and fat very fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=sUOT36hC2bk

lol what kind of virgin beta manlets need to stop eating and drinking in order to lose weight?

t. fastlet

OP posted the article, just look up. I fast frequently.

I feel very sleepy and tired after eating one big meal a day (something like 1000 calories of chickean, pork chops and 1 cup of cauliflower) It is normal? What went wrong? Too much protein? Too much fat?

Same here but it has to be at least 2000 and more like 2500-3000 calories to make me sleepy

Artificials sweeteners are really the worst

When i started fasting i would drink like 1 liter of coke zero a day and i fucking suffered from hunger pangs

Not to mention i learned afterwards that you are reseting your fast every time you drink that shit

Im so happy i cut out that shit along with bcaas from my life

used to have that when i started omad, no longer have it.

It's normal response to food. Tryptophan. That's how humans are supposed to function. Eat a big meal ,sleep and wake up ready to fuck shit up.

What do you guys eat after you break your fast?

veggies and meat, mostly

fuck guys I just broke my fast
I posted earlier but my hearth started doing crazy shit and I started getting muscle spams even though I drank magnezium/caclium and other shit last 2 days
fuck I feel bad but I got worried after all its my first time fasting

FUCK I'M SO HUNGRY

brace it, will go away past day 2

What routines you guys running as well? I’m doing full body shit 2-3 times a week atm. Kind of bored with it and want to get more cut desu senpai. I’m always in better shape when I train more, just need a good 5 day routine that isn’t all bro tier

How does intermittent fasting effect muscle while on a cut? Does it help retain more then on a regular eating schedule while cutting?

So I just heard today that the guy who does the "snake potion diet" is massive retard whose not even allowed to see his kids because he was previously arrested for abuse.

why does anyone listen to him?

How the fuck are you breaking your fast with that you brainlet

source?

Yes now they prolly think you have a binge eating disorder instead. Good on ya mate

My teeth are in pristine condition, so that's impossible.

Can I lift while water fast or nah?

yeah but you're not gonna get any gains

Fuck off avocado fag

1.) In non-obese men, an intermittent fasting testosterone study showed that fasting increased LH (luteinizing hormone – a testosterone precursor hormone) up to 67% and overall testosterone 180%

Fuck off troll.

yes but go easy

source?

ayo hol up, one meme at a time

Haha snakelets BTFO

he probably just tried to put them on the snake diet

former binge eating here

should i fast 48 hours before xmas dinner or it's will ended up in a terrible binge session?

I dont wanna post publicly. but is he in arizona? this just come out in the last few days.

i know how Veeky Forums is though and will protect "their guy" no matter what.

I'm just saying look into it. its pretty easy to find

How hard is it to use Google u lazy nigger

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2686332/

What do if only have kosher salt and sea slat in cabnet

lmao fucking retard, he's canadian.

you'll shit aliens if you do that. I doubt you're going to eat fibers and veggies on x-mas

Critique pls?

>5'11 205lbs. Some small muscle from lifting while skinnyfat for the last few months. Aiming to slim down to a normal bodyfat % before starting a clean bulk to reach ottermode.
>Started cutting 1 month ago by virtually eliminating carbs to get into ketosis
>Then moved on to Keto + OMAD during the last 2 weeks.
>Currently on my first fast. About 40hours in and I feel completely fine with just a low background hunger. Mind is pretty clear. Have lifted once and went for a 16km bike ride yesterday.
> Thinking about extending current fast to xmas when I will start slowly eating some meat from family lunch. Otherwise will have a meal of veges and chicken on Sunday.
> Thinking about doing OMAD + keto during the week then fasting on weekends.

thats what i do user, 5'10 170lbs here, was 200. What is your goal weight?

My family thinks I have a eating disorder.
I'm 5'4 and weight 104 lbs and I'm fasting cause I think I still have some fat in my abs. My goal is to down to 10 bf and there lean bulk. Right now I'm between 12-14 bf.
Should I continue fasting and cutting?

You do realize kosher salt is literally like any other salt only rougher(as in the crystals are larger)?

I'm really not sure because I have been mildly chubby my whole life. I think I will go until I have some abs or I feel lean enough so maybe 180lbs or so and then reassess if I want to lose more or should start bulking.

What have been your experiences with keto/fasting/OMAD so far?

then why do i have to mix two slat together if all salt is the same?

Insulin spike you dumb ass

Kosher salt and sea salt is NaCl, LoSalt/NoSalt is KCl, dumb frogposter

ive been doing omad for years, i always hated breakfast and dinner. I just eat a shitload of food for lunch and im good. Used to have snacks back then but right now i'm commited to eat everything in one sitting. I was never fat but fell for the bulking meme, at 200 lbs i was getting love handles and my abs were disappearing, so i finally decided to add the 48h fasts on weekends and have been dropping weight since then. MY serratus are finally showing after years without them. I used to eat a lot of shit and sometimes i still do but i added so many veggies and lean meats to my diet since i began reading about fasting. I'm trying to get cleaner as the time goes by.

Regarding keto i go on and off, but thinking about going for 3 months straight.

another user here
how much do you actually eat for lunch?
I just finished a 5 day fast and thinking of either starting a 2-3 week fast next month or doing something like OMAD and fast

on my first day of OMAD and my libido is completely shot. I'm sitting here staring at attractive girls and I'm too preoccupied with how hungry I am to want to have sex.

Girl or guy

Every day after day 3 I'll get a squirt of yellow dihearea. I'm assuming this is regular waste. Anyone else?

OMAD until 12/26 #excited

I had a large pizza with 2 tall cups of chocplate milk after my first fast, 60 hours. Felt fine afterwards. I gained back half the weight I lost though

guy

you're not eating enough fibers, happened to me too

I'll get a black dhiarrea after one meal a day, I guess is because the gallon of coffee I drank.

You don't need to be fasting rn just bulk now
Nigger I'm fasting

That will go away after a week at most.

i'm talking about before the fast you dummy

Hey, I've been dry fasting for 68 hours now.
How do I know it is the right time to stop?

Is it important to keep the fast on the same two days every week? My schedule would make it criminally easy to move it a day at a time.

Stupid question but is it alright to drink coffee on a fast?

Such a reddit thing to say, you faggots believe anything some random guy tells you

about to crack and break my fast. im thinking 20 mc nuggets and a liter of cola. any suggestions?

What is the fucking point of the cayenne pepper extract in the snake juice?

And where's the magnesium at in this ordeal?