/fast/ #65 - informative meme edition

>What is /fast/?

Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS

youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?

It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)

idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?

Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is the best way to water fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?

If you're lean, OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week

If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>ARENT I GOING INTO STARVATION MODE?!

Look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?

This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/

"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?

No food or water consumption. This is the fastest way to naturally burn fat. You'll feel thirsty, and your body will produce endogenous metabolic water to nourish your body. Dry fasting is also the best way to ramp up the autophagy effect.

More dry fasting info

news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t=225s

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/insulin-levels-and-fat-loss-qa.html/
examine.com/nutrition/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I need a good 5 day split desu only wanna train legs once they’re already muscular

>dry fasting for three days will kill you

This guy went 18 FUCKING DAYS Without food or water

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

He lost 53 lbs and had to recover for 2 weeks--if he was fatter / fast adatped he wouldn't have had to recover for two weeks, so he clearly wasn't ready for that experience.

Dry fasting in small amounts won't hurt you.

Wrong thread?

Bump

way better OP this time

Do any of you have problems standing for long periods of time after two days? I had to sit down in shower because black spots, Snake juice + ECA stack + DNP here

did a 5 day dry fast, t'as fine except maybe for my sleep getting a little fucked up, i'll fatten myself up for a 7 days dry fast soon and update you guys.

Wtf are black spots

>Dnp
>Fasting
>Eca stack

Breh... The point of this is to avoid drugs

hope this is bait

>Snake juice + ECA stack + DNP here
Add Yohimbine for the whole "I want to die" experience

black spots in eyes, aka dizzy
not bait

sounds like a pretty fucking stupid idea. You'll already going to lose weight fast by fasting, don't risk your fucking health retard.

Black spots is from high blood pressure. Do you notice light spots also? Because that's HBP.

Please don't do this to yourself

no light spots just black then things dimmed so I sat down.

I'm 2.5 days in. I am debating whether to eat a meal of 1500-2000 kcal then restart fasting or fast until Christmas dinner while maintaining ECA + DNP.

THAT BETTER NOT BE ANY FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH, FATTY

WHY? why not fast like a regular human bean?

DNP is literal poison.

ECA + DNP + fasting is putting way too much strain on your heart. ECA + fasting is achievable, adding DNP to the mix is seriously pushing it. Just drop the DNP for now.

Just went for an hour long walk and had a glass of diet pepsi

>diet pepsi
Kys

wrong thread bud

>Believing the insulin meme

Trying to lose weight before boot camp. Every pound I carry will be that much extra suck.
Poison lies in the dose
What about dropping the ECA and keeping fasting + DNP?

That's science bud, not a meme

>Poison lies in the dose
Literally nope, you don't die but it's still poison.
That shit fucks up eyes, nerves, energy coupling in cells and other stuff forever.

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/insulin-levels-and-fat-loss-qa.html/
examine.com/nutrition/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/

Is there any concern that fasting can lower your maintenance?

If you fast for 48h, wont your body adapt and start requiring less calories?

>forever
That's a blatant lie. It will be filtered out by kidneys eventually. Nerves only get fucked up if you cycle unreasonably long. A two week cycle is recommended by /fraud/. Cataracts only happen in women.

t. I didn't read the OP
Some more educated might elaborate, but after this time your body starts producing more HGH and test to maintain muscle and therefore maintenance TDEE

I got about 17 hours (also gotta sleep) for my 72 hour fast and I just resisted some good fucking food

IT BETTER BE DAMN WORTH IT BROS

I didn't click on the links I just went over the green text faqs.

Thanks for spoonfeeding me sorry for being a faggot

Chicago fags think their bread pot pie is the greatest, when it's actually globs of shit

>examine.com/nutrition/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/

>out of 5 studies cited 1st is unrelated, 2nd had 8 subjects, third 7 subjects, fourth pic related, fifth was a twelve subject study that didnt even measure insulin

>trusting Kamal

Just drink snake juice and cut all the other bullshit you got jewed into taking. I don't understand why people think they need all this extra shit.

>Being a pussy regardless
Fast and get over your sugar addiction faggot.

>following /fraud/'s advice

I've done keto before, I know it's just a meme. Everytime there's a "this one special trick" it's bullshit for aspiring snowflakes/marketing. In reality it's all just strategies for maintaining a caloric defecit the easiest way.

/fast/ has yet to show actual lifters using it to get shredded without muscle loss, only fatties

nobody is even talking about keto dawg, get real

Who the fuck said anything about keto? You drink diet soda. You're just as bad as the sip fags that are also """fasting"""

Does anyone here want to post good 4:1 veggie/meat recipes for re-feed days?
I have a couple I am willing to share if anyone wants ideas.

Spotted the skinnyfat who cries about why he can't get abs

nonsipper detected
Start with an onion

nigga im about to eat 20 bk nuggets and a shitfuckingload of carrots/broccoli/cucumber, there ya go.

If I do one meal a week, what should I be breaking my fast with?

Keto is all about insulin as well.
Found the 500lb fat ass who can't take a walk without dying

>I'VE TRIED ALL THE DIETS AND NONE OF THEM WORK I'M BIGBONED AND MY THYROID
Shut up, faggot. Actually do some research on this shit instead of hopping on bandwagons.
You've probably found multiple diets that work, you just didn't research them enough and ended up fucking up the diet due to not knowing the reason behind the restrictions they imposed.

Because it's literally impossible to fast without muscle loss.
Overloading on protein during a refeed will preserve some of it, but there's no way to completely avoid loss of muscle.

this fucking gif

>thinking I'm the fatass in this thread
lol it's all the 500lb people in this thread who never could lose weight without memes like insulin and fasting for a week that you should be talking to, I weigh 158lbs.

>being proud of being 158 lbs

u better be 5'2

5'2 at 158 pounds is obese
they better be 5'5

An untrained 6'1" guy at 158lbs is fairly lean.

yo, what the fuck is pink salt and do i need it or can i just use plain sea salt and pop a multivitamin everyday?

First I'm fat and then I'm too small, pretty clear to anyone reading this thread you guys are retarded. Fasting is a way of doing CICO.

Pink salt is a meme, any salt is fine. Just mix regular salt with nosalt to get your sodium and potassium. Multivitamins are overpriced garbage.

Read the OP, retard.

heavy + lean= good

Light +lean= bad

heavy + not lean= bad

whats nosalt?

>THINKING THIS IS SOMETHING NEW
>THINKING I DIDN'T READ BRAD PILON'S BOOK ABOUT THIS YEARS AND YEARS AGO
>THINKING YOU HOLD SOME MAGICAL KEY ONLY BIGBRAINED WOKE NIGGAHS LIKE YOU UNDERSTAND

ur both

there's two kinds of Veeky Forums poster

u and i : fat and small

/fraud/ : looks natural but roided

Salt substitute made with potassium. You can find it at any grocery store.

Better to be lean or to be fat? Faggot.

I pay my multimitavin 5€ for 90 capsules and i take it once every 2-3 days.

Better to be lean and start bulking than to be a fatass desperately trying to lose the fat

didnt know it was potassium instead of sodium, thanks. would low sodium salt work as well? i assume that it's just a premix of both kinds.

Speak for yourself I'm happy with my ottermode body that I maintain by doing fasting while drinking a glass of diet soda. And since it barely contains any calories at all, and since CICO is the main driver behind fat loss my little insulin spike is not going to make me a tub of lard unlike most people in this thread.

better to look bad or awful? runt.

>fraud
>looks natural
Tell me another joke f.a.m
And bring your boulder shoulders / mountain traps with you.

It's never been anything new or special, it's just different than CICO. It plays a part but fasting is hardly just a different way of doing CICO.

Go away to pin your ass some more

u can get pretty huge, stirated and vascular delts natty

traps are the real giveaway, even the most dyel of frauds have traps that are out of bounds for natties

>happy with ottormode

Low sodium salt usually has potassium in it and should work about the same. Nosalt is just the go-to potassium source that most people recommend here.

thanks.

Yeah, it's nice to be happy about your body and health.

>carbs: strong insulin trigger
>protein: moderate insulin trigger
>fat: doesn't trigger insulin

What happens if you eat pure fat during a "fast"? I know it won't be fasting anymore but will it unleash hormonal chaos or what?

I sometimes fast for autophagy, I'm thinking about extra virgin olive oil consumption for brain autophagy purposes, not a way to get rid of the hunger

Opinions on bread?

Are you talking about extended fasts or the 24-48 window types?

Protein doesn't create an insulin response significant enough to have an effect on weight.
Fats may cause no insulin response but getting no protein will make you lose as much muscle as you do body fat.

don't be retarded, you'll lose lean mass if you do that

Protein does do that, that's why artificial sweeteners are said to cause fat gain

>I know it won't be fasting anymore
Exactly, fuck off with your offtopic shit, avocado nigger.

>fat: doesn't trigger insulin
Where do people get this wrong shit from? Is this the result of avocado's shilling?

I thought that as well, as consuming fat during a "fast" turns out to be a fat-only diet and not a fast, which would be terrible in general; it was a stupid idea I threw here just to make sure because I read about the brain autophagy benefits of extra virgin olive oil.

Calm your tits big boy, also fuck avocados

Enlighten me

>Protein doesn't create an insulin response significant enough
My dude, have you even read any studies about this like, ever?
Protein DOES trigger a very significant insulin response, just not as big as sugars

Even if you ate grilled chicken 3 times a day and nothing else, I can guarantee you would lose weight.
Nearly all credible diets are high in protein. Artificial sweeteners and their link to weight gain has nothing to do with protein.

WEIRD FAST RESULTS SO FAR

>110 hours in
>Vivid dreams of my Highschool crush
>Getting random diamond cutter dick erections
>Urine is clear
>mind is clear
>Stopping at 7 day mark
>Down from 192 to 181 (goal is 170)
>My body is becoming a Greek sculpture since I've been permanently bulking and never cutting for years

I know, but the genuises in here think that insulin causes fat gain.

>It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)

just lol if you believe this

acne is a bacterial infection inside a clogged pore, it's not a mass of "shitty cells"

>Enlighten me
Sure... Fat induces an insulin response. It's not as severe as eating carbs but its still there, no fucking reason to eat anything. If you eat anything it isn't a fast... fuck off to the /keto/ general.

Autophagy kills off inflammation. That's why people who fast have god tier skin 5 days in or so.

Then why do I only get cystic acne on my periods?

Yesterday I eat something like 120 grams of protein (currently I weight 100 lbs) and feel like shit all day long. I almost sure it was too much protein and trigger a big insulin response.

There is no keto general.
Enough people fast and do keto during refeeds that both topics should be open for discussion here. Saves room in the catalog.

My skin is starting to look like shit this past days (a lot of pimples in chin area).
Maybe I fasted and exercise too much. Cortisol anyone?

>acne is a bacterial infection inside a clogged pore
>it's not a mass of "shitty cells"
Does someone have that American education pic about DNA in food?

>bacterial infection
>not a mass of "shitty cells"
Are you feeling okay user

>fat girl in underwear and bra
ew