Just benched 70 kgs for 3x5s 6 months after running alpha destinys novice program. Is this good progress?

Just benched 70 kgs for 3x5s 6 months after running alpha destinys novice program. Is this good progress?

pathetic

doesnt he preach that you should bench 2pl8 after 6 months?
his program seems a bit shit desu

average. But I thought betadestiny used floor presses instead of bench?

I guess he says if you eatting 3000+ cals which im not

Go to commercial gym. Dont want to be that guy who uses the floor instead

I started as a skelly and benched 70 kg 3x5 after a month on SS

his program alternates between floor press on days A and close grip bench press on days B

Makes me want to kms thanks user

I benched 140kg for 40 reps the first time I went to the gym, are you guys dyel or something?

No.

If you weigh 130 pounds...maybe

I used to bench 70 kg as a teenager when I didn't even lift regularly. On another note, I still bench 70 kg AHHHH (well actually my my 3RM is 80 kg but I use lower weight for reps). Hard to increase it compared to, say, deadlift. Also obviously I had a 7 year break from the gym.

I was benching 70kg when i was 15 holy shit ure weak, not even kidding
Pic from then

._.

Does make it any better if i say im not taking protein supps?

maybe you shouldn't have done a meme program

>skelly
>70kg
>in one month

it's not cool to lie on the internet bro

What was your starting bench? What's your starting/current bodyweight? Don't be a nigger, tell us the details

depends on your height and weight

Protein supplements do (almost) nothing. Don't fall for the jewish tricks. If you eat enough calories and train, you gain strength.

My starting bench was 55 kg

You fags including the bar?

Yea

obviously fucking not. Who the hell does that lmao

All jokes aside, 70kg 3x5 is not very good progress after 6 months at all regardless of program for a novice even. You should have been lifting 70kg for reps probably during the end of the first month or middle of the second.

I'm hoping you are a small person or woman, otherwise I'd def change how you are progressing.

Increasing 1kg/week would put you at around 80 kg. I think that would be normalish progress for skelly beginners. 70 kg means you have terrible diet/leverages/mindset/whatever

Well it seems that if a program can't make you bench 140kg for reps in a single cycle it isn't good enough.

I guess i should change programs. My major problem is that my cns gets beat pretty easily. So i stall alot

>this cope
whyd anyone lie about this?

benching 70kg for sets of 5 is the standard for 1-2 months of training.

>cns meme
alex destiny programs have 0 focus and 0 direction. he is an autist obsessed about "high volume".

if your volume is too low, and your workouts are too easy, you can easily add an extra day or whatever. if your volume is too high, you start getting aches, pains, soreness, etc., and you fail to progress because you lose focus, it will require meticulous work to correct this stupidass mistake.

do the fucking SS phase 4 for a couple stalls, then move on to the bridge.

eat a lot and sleep a lot and use a non-meme program
if you can't bench 70 kg in a month while doing the above, might as well unironically kill yourself

6'2
143 pounds

I can barely bench the bar

At least you're 6'2

6'3 is the optimal male height

Wear shoes.

Thoughts on reverse pyramid training? Started taking a likin to kinobody the dude did a 200lbs for 4 reps on the ohp if that isnt godlike strength i dont know what is.

Who cares, just start training, instead of posting frogs

Ye you most be overtrained after 2 weeks bro

Kinobody isnt natty. Reverse pyramids are a meme, you get better results doing more volume with the same weight.
It's really not a good idea to mix rep ranges in the same workout on the same lift. If you wanna do higher reps, do them on a different day.