Do you legitimately enjoy lifting and look forward to going to the gym or is it a chore for you?

do you legitimately enjoy lifting and look forward to going to the gym or is it a chore for you?

i really just fuck around with no program just lift whatever i feel like while trying to keep it balanced, but i look forward to it very much

Depends what I have to do. Most sessions I look forward to, some i'd much rather avoid.

I legitimately enjoy going. Yeah, sometimes I don't feel like going, and I have to use some discipline to do it. But I am always happy once I'm there. All the stress in my life melts away when I'm doing a set. It's very meditative for me

very much the same. only thing harder than lifting the weight is lifting myself out of bed sometimes

Yes but fuck leg days. You can’t skip them though.

I legitimately enjoy lifting. Sometimes I dread going because I lift heavy pretty much every day and it takes a toll on my body, but when my joints feel good I'm always excited to go. Best part of the day

I love going to the gym, I hate taking rest days so as a result I run PPLPPLx

I love the gym, i prepare my food beforehand and eat there. I dont have anything else in my life. Just working a horrible zero hour contract job and gym. Its either go to the gym or overdose on drugs through sheer self hatred and loneliness.

I enjoy it but cooking and eating is hard to keep up sometimes, and when my diet goes to shit I stop progressing which becomes demotivating.

I had a long plateau and started wondering why I was even spending hours a week here doing the same lifts if I wasn't getting anywhere. In hindsight I probably should have switched routines or changed something but I lost the habit of going there all the time, and I was getting inadequate sleep from work/college.

We're gonna make it, user.

I go to the gym, go to work, come home and play video games.
So yeah I enjoy getting out of the house.

It’s a huge chore until I’m actually under the iron and then the endorphins make it super good feel

Feels like a chore right now,but that's because I've had a long layoff and am just getting back into it. I'm also going in the morning before work, which means a 5am start. It's pretty tough right now, but I'm hoping in a few weeks when the routine settles in and I start feeling and seeing improvements it'll feel much better. I'm also going to go after work one day in the new year just to remind myself why getting up at 5 is worth it.

I fucking love push and pull days, I don't always like leg day but it's fine. I hate rest days.

I enjoy going, makes you feel great, like you're growing, getting better and feeling ur skin tighten up...

I look forward to every training but that's because I mostly train lifts I love and find fun to do, such as e.g. for me push press, strict press, snatch pulls etc. and then throw in a bodybuilding day if I feel like pushing through light reps etc.
If I were to just use machines it would prolly become a chore, that's why I program around it with variations etc.

It can be the high point of my day sometimes.

i enjoy it, sometimes i feel a little burned out on it but i've been lifting since 2011 so that's inevitable

sometimes shit comes up and i miss a week and i remember what not lifting feels like and i appreciate it that much more

For me it really just depends on my energy levels. Like some days I'll just feel tired all day and already know my lifting session will probably suck, so I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but I'll still give it my best. Other times I'm full of energy and can't wait to hit the gym. I'd say most of the time I really enjoy lifting. Eating on the other hand is a real chore to me.

I enjoy it yeah. The only time I don't is when that particular body part is injured or it's a de-load. Then I'm annoyed.

Infact the only part I hate is fucking eating. Always eating. I've never enjoyed food, even as a kid, so eating is a massive chore for me. However since I don't really enjoy food I find it incredibly easy to stick to a clean diet year round. Never get cravings for anything.

It's very therapeutic, whenever I'm stressed out at uni or whatever I can go to the gym and forget about it all for an hour.

Also, I love the endorphin rush as I leave the gym. It's like a very mild cocaine.

For me, I enjoy how I feel after I worked out.

I usually study a lot so when i go to the gym it clears my mind.

Also there's nothing better than learning something new and progressing with it.

I love it. Go with a friend, it just turns into 2 hours of talking/socializing/cracking jokes while having a dope workout with someone to motivate you.

best tip to stay on track

For me that makes starting and doing the workout fun, the hardest part for me is always the end as its winding down, you're tired af and just want to go home (i usually workout late)

I started it when I was having a tough time and even now that life is a little smoother, I look forward to it everyday and it's always the highlight of my day.
I feel like an excited kid everytime I pack my gym bag the night before and then I'd be really excited going to sleep just thinking about how much I'll lift that day. Some days I've already got a packed gym bag but I haven't even bothered to put my work clothes together

Dear Diary
Oh i'm totally fine being a hard working NEET for the next couple months.

What concerns me more is how i'm gonna start weaving in 4 school units into my busy NEET days when i also gotta hit the gym 6 times a week.

I guess working out will be my way to get more energy but also to relax me.

Was a chore at first back when i started but i was determined and pushed through now i hate going a day without it. It gets me on such a high and the gains are addictive. It's really changed everyone aspect of my life for the better

High intensity shit was always really fun because you can really push yourself and you just feel fucking powerful after you lifted something that's so heavy for you. On the other hand doing high volume low intensity used to feel like a chore until I started being very autistic about paying attention to my form, then doing volume suddenly became a game of "how perfectly can you execute 10 reps with a fairly heavy weight". Everything except for cardio is fun. Fuck cardio.

I loved it initially, but it's sort of become a chore. At this point I'm disciplined enough to do it anyway though, and if I don't do it I miss it and get really irritable.
That said, I'll probably be enjoying it again in the coming months now that I quit my soul sucking job, meaning I'll actually be able to get some fucking sleep, and will have enough free time to lift AND do other things.

Chore at this point

It's weird. I don't ever dread going to the gym, if I fail some lifts or am a little bit weaker thanI was hoping that session then that sours my vibe a little bit. at the same time when I smash PRs, there are few better feelings. I always look forward to training because i know it means i'm going to keep getting stronger.

it's a great place to zone out, lose yourself in some music and become in tune with your body.

the other cool thing is when you have a sick pump at the end of the session, it's like a window into the future if you keep progressing. It's like fuck, i will look like this in only a couple of months, that's sick

Yes i love going, i love training in general. it makes me really pent up and angry and it feels so good smeshing prs.
i hate the atmospheres of most gyms tho. most commercial gyms always feel dead and there are no strong guys or anyone going heavy ever, just some people swinging dumbells and going on there phone. would like to join a strongman gym or something where everyone will be stronger than me but they are expensive.

The best part of my week, get legitamately depressed if i cant go for some reason

Life is the chore and gym is the relaxation.

This
only thing I hate is leg press

Why do you guys hate squatting?

I find the progression of my lifts very gratifying. I had a new 1rm bench PR of 165 the other day. I know, still dyel mode, but working with weights that you couldn't even 1 rep before feels great, as well as these beginner aesthetic gains.
I get excited to go to the gym because it's an opportunity to progress more. This'll probably fade with time when I hit intermediate level and gains start tapering off, but for now, yes I enjoy it.