How long do you stay in the gym?

How much time do you spend in the gym per session?
How much of that time is lifting, compared to resting between reps & other activities?

I lift at home atm, and I was wondering.

I’m proud of that old guy
Also i’m usually in the gym for about an hour if I’m strict about rest times and stick to my routine.

Yea, I'm on my way to be like him.
How long are the rest times?

I try to stay for about an hour and a half and train my whole body at the moment, because i´ve only been lifting for two months now.
I take between 20 and 90 seconds for rest time depending on the exercise and the intensity

50-70 minutes. 3 minute rests.
Squat 3-4 sets
Deadlift 2-3 sets
Press 3-4 sets
Chinup 3 sets
Rows sometimes, 2 sets
Abs sometimes, 2 sets
Back extensions or leg curls sometimes, 2 sets

I only have time to go three days a week so I do ppl and I'll do accessories lifts as well so I'm there for about two hours.

user why not do a full body Routine so you can get optimal frequency leading to more growth?

PPL isn't designed for 3 days a week user.

same here. 2 hours is the maximum amount for me, no point in being there the whole day

Just under an hour lifting, sometimes topped up with 20-30 mins cardio at the end. Lifting 6 days a week, cardio on 3 of the lifting days

10 minutes running.
10-15 minutes stretching, some abs exercises, and pushups.
45-55 minutes lifting weights. (Chest/Shoulders one day, Back/Arms the next day, and Legs the next day.)
So roughly 75min workout.

Hm, so 1h is the minimum, with 1.5h being the most common practise.... Thanks.

30min to 60min

I'm relatively new to the gym, I typically find myself spending around 90 minutes there, sometimes a little bit more.

I'm currently doing a full body work out on machines to get myself to a decent 'starting point' and then slowly transition over to barbell movements more/other machines.

I usually spend 25-45 minutes, depending how packed the gym is
Resting for 1/4 to 1/3rd of this time

I aim for 3 times a week

Mostly working triceps, with a little biceps, chest and back

>ppl
>3 times a week

user, I..

that´s not very much, user.
I wouldn´t expeckt much progress from your training.

How do people in this thread spend less than an hour in the gym...
I go 1.5 hours when short on time or 2-2.5 hours when I go on the weekends.

>this guy was fatter than me and doesn't have stretch marks

fuck me up f@m

Would you suggest the same amount of time, but 5-6 days a week?

I have collarbone injuries that prevent me from doing a lot of things.
I do 3-4 sets on the 7 different upper body machines that I can use then leave.
I don't do lower body as I feel like I don't eat enough to justify the additional resources it uses.

60-150 min, depending on how much I'm fucking around instead of training and on how many exercises I do

I don´t know how often you should visit the gym, by keeping your exercise routine. Its generally hard to tell you how much rest you need, because i don´t know your weight, nutrition and your medical history.
Sorry but i think you should ask a trainer at your gym.
Anyway you should rather adapt your diet to your training, than your training to to your diet.

>6'0, 22yo, 71kg

I don't think they'd help. They seem too wary to give me wrong advice when I mention injuries, and just say "do what you can."

You're right about my diet. I've been trying to eat as much as I can, although the last 3 days I've barely eaten 500kcal in total though. Sometimes I physically can't eat.

10-15 mins each day

Your biggest challenge is going to be sorting out your diet/appetite, consuming that little gives your body nothing to work with

OP here. I don't have them either and I lost 19kg in 4 months.... Hm.

I go three times a week: one legs day, one chest day, and one back day. Currently not sure when to do biceps (too tired after back day), I do one triceps exercise on chest day, and I do a shoulder exercise both on chest and back day (two different ones). I do three chest exercises, four back exercises, and 4 isolation exercises + squat or leg press exercise for my legs. Finally, I do some warming up cardio at the beginning of each visit (5-10 minutes tops).

In total I'd say I'm usually busy for one hour including the cardio warmup per visit. The muscle groups I want to train are absolutely tired after each visit which is what matters the most I think.

Honestly I warm up about 15min, squat 45, then press and pull about 30min each before cooling down. 2h15m for a good full body lift. Most of that is resting, obv. 3 min between light sets to 5-6 between heavy sets

Home gym outside under a pavilion. I keep the bench on the edge of the pavilion, so sometimes I'll lay for 10 minutes in between sets just looking up at the sky and listening to music.

I often go before or after university or inbetween classes when I have a lot to do, so it varies for me. I do full-body workouts and try to lift as heavy as possible. My minimum is about 30 minutes when I do just a 5 minute warmup and power through the exercises with little rest. Normally, though, I like to warm up around 10-15 minutes(lately preferably with rowing) and then add a few exercises to my program and maybe finish off with some light cardio and stretching, so I'll be there for about 50-60 Minutes.

5 min active stretching for warmup
for each compound exercise (squats, OHP, diddlys, etc), 2 1x5 warmup sets with increasig weight and then 3x6 sets. Maybe 15-20 mins for the 2x5+3x6 sets, including 30 secs to 1 min of rest between sets.
2-3 mins of rest between exercises.
For other exercises I do about 2x10-20 (curls, lateral raises, calf raises, skull crushers, etc).
I finish with maybe two minutes of planking.
The full routine is done in 1h-1h30. I train three times a week.
Sometims I'll do some cardio like running and rope skipping in "rest" days.

I do this at home.

Wtf guys why you stay so much time in the gym?? I have been only 13 minutes for years in 5 days, doing 1 part a day, now i have been going 25 min in 3 days, those days now i do 2 parts like triceps and pecs for example, been like this for 6 months now

If you stay more than 25 min in the gym lifting 2 parts of the body you are a fucking idiot

40 minutes with no socializing or fucking around on my phone. I have other shit to do.

Post your body

40-60 at most

Depends on the day but 30-45 minutes usually

two guys, usually an hour and a half. if i was by myself probably 50 minutes.

2-3 hours.. maybe 4 sometimes.

>tfw masochist addicted to gym injuries

Depends on whats being done. Usually around q.t hours

30 to 45 minutes with 1 minute rest between sets and exercises.

I do it at home to, exclusively body exercises, about twice a week. I never do more than 30-40mins, that is if we exclude my daily 2x 30min bike ride to get to class.

90 minutes because I like to loosen up on the treadmill, though I should probably stop doing it before lifting because it puts too much strain on my calves.