How the fuck do people get eating disorders? Shit's hard man

How the fuck do people get eating disorders? Shit's hard man.

I've went days without eating before without even noticing

doctors told me that even if I wasn't anorexic, that I had to be classified as one because of my weight. this is despite my telling them I hated being skinny. Maybe I should have seen better doctors.

I guess genetically, some of us can just fast for long periods of time because we're from the wintry north where we couldn't just pick a banana off a tree to eat when we started feeling a rumble.

Eating disorders go in both direction, ie not eating or overeating, and both involve mental health issues. I have CBED, basically I have a constant battle with myself not to stuff my face till I am physically sick. It is literally like a little alarm in my head suggesting that I go get food every few minutes, even if I have just eaten a huge meal.

thanks to BRAAAPposting, anorexia is a disorder of the past

I'm partial to binging and purging. I have shit self control then try to fix by throwing it up.

like what kind of mind set are you in? I can't bring myself to barf.

How do you make yourself purge? I can't ever get all I got into me and just dry heave/spittle into the toilet. Should I drink a lot of fluids when I binge to help the purging get more out?

As someone who has one right now--for me it was an obsession with tracking and numbers and chasing the lower stats until it became all consuming. Example: I premade a list of approved foods and grams allowed for the family dinner tomorrow so I don't go over my limit by even 5 cals.

You restrict to the point you can't eat over 200 cals a day and then wonder if you can restrict to 100. You're tired as fuck all the time and cold as balls. It's fucking shit and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Was overweight when I was a teenager, and managed to get a speed habit when i was 18 for about 6 months. I was eating like 600cals/day and dropped from 96kg to around 70kg. Even after I stopped, it took me a good 3 years to start eating again properly. I just wouldn't really get hungry, and instead of feeling hungry I'd just start to feel sick instead, which wouldn't exactly encourage me with eating. Any time I sat down to a plate of food, I felt as though I had already eaten. Eating? Shit's hard man.

Same shit happened with my gf user. The doctors were brutal and the nurses would berate her and try to force her to admit she was intentionally that weight and even tried making her admit she vomits meals (which she doesn't)

She's so cute. Where's my anorexic gf that I can care for?

Need some advice on purging if you're still here user

The mind set where you can't control your urge to eat, regret it, and then decide to "barf" as a way of fixing the mistake.

I became anorexic mostly because of prescription amphetamines, I was way underweight but I started recovering about a year ago and finally kicked the pills this year and have started working out

Traumatic experiences with food.
Narcissism and a delusional sense of one's image in comparison to others'.
Little to no knowledge of food.
Lack of measuring ones abilities and efforts.

Multitudes of reasons. Sometimes it happens from people being depressed, as a side effect of some kind of medical treatment or surgery, or another mental disorder or something. The true causes are endless because the more people have it, and the more confusing it is to understand or diagnose, the easier it is to get away with justifying it's unreasonableness and succumbing to how difficult it is to solve it.

And all you gotta do is get over yourself and find a solution to your personal problems. Then just start eating good food, counting calories, and staying reasonably active. Problem solved. Kids could do it in their sleep....

I was 20 pounds below a healthy weight about two months ago, partly because I just come from a long line of tall and thin people (North Western Europe, so similar to what an user above was saying). Mostly it was due to the fact that I actually disliked eating, I didn't like the feeling of consuming, rather than the enjoyment of not eating. I was on about 1000 calories a day, now I'm on around 3000 to try and get back to a reasonable weight. I think for some people we just don't see eating as something that we need to acknowledge, it was more of a chore back then. Hope this helps user

you should eat in such a way that you don't have to puke it back out.

I've had eating disorders my whole life. I loved that movie, btw, I've seen it multiple times and watch a lot of things about anorexia and bulimia.

At my lowest I was 86lbs at 5'4"
I was looking at an ultimate goal weight of 78. It became the new ideal. I could see it. Finally the perfect weight. But I got into recovery and came back bigger and developed bulimia. I began to love to binge and purge, I even developed kleptomania so I would steal tremendous amounts of food for these binges and purges.

I've been bulimic now for 6 years and I am overweight medically by 10lbs and am a world away from who I was, I can hardly recognize myself. Also my molar is rotting out of my face from years of acidic bile. My teeth aren't their bright white, they're visibly yellowed and I'm scared to lighten them and weaken the enamel further.

The thicc aesthetic suits my body type more than sticc, but I know what I love and I miss it.

I want to get fit but I still struggle every day.

I tend to binge then starve, never liked throwing up.

My metabolism is on overdrive, i can either eat all day long or eat nothing at all, my weight doesn't change whatsoever. eating just means energy for me.

self loathing

Seriously?
Fuckin cunts man

I used to just take like 4x the recommended amount of laxatives and spend the whole next day on the toilet projectile shitting my stomach inside out

enjoy acid reflux

If you aren't overweight then you're doing a great job, keep it up.

Idk, I can kind of understand that from the doctors, they 'd get sick of constantly dealing with people who fuck themselves up then act like they had no control.

I've gone days with only eating a piece of toast because I was to distracted to think about food.
I've also binge ate until I gained a bunch of weight.

I love food but fuck if I ever want to put any effort into it, unless it's holiday season or I have a girl cooking for me I eat like an anorexic out of convenience.

I love eating too much to ever give it up, i don't know how any people do not like eating some good shit. Even with how shitty everything is at the moment and being in the clutches of depression i still like eating even if it is way less then before. I don't think i could ever be a sticc, 187lbs at 6ft right now. Still want to lose some weight but i just can't stand eating like 2k calories a day, feels like i am on rations.