How important is ohp for shoulder development from bodybuilding point?

How important is ohp for shoulder development from bodybuilding point?

It seems a bit pointless to do both ohp and bench since both of them are mostly working your front delts. Wouldn't it better to just bench and do lateral raises and Meadow raises for side and rear delts?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-shoulders-and-trap-exercises
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's beneficial for posture reasons. Too much horizontal pushing and not enough vertical pushing can be bad.

what if you're pulling horizontally as much as you push? should balance out quite well and you don't need to do the shoulder/back snapper

Barbell overhead press is defenetly overrated when it comes to building shoulders. Although it is still a great lift for general strength. I would suggest you doing dumbbell press.

not important at all, your front delts are going to get simulated with any compound pressing movement you do for chest anyway (and they have the lowest aesthetic impact of the three heads of the shoulder to begin with due to their location)

your side delts and rear delts which are actually going to give you that 3D appearance are not adequately hit with any compound and will need to be isolated anyway

OHP will not fix that problem, only exacerbate it

if you have rolled forward mongoloid shoulders you fix them with additional external rotation work, upper back work, and rear delt work not with more pressing

Wrong.
Correct

it doesn't really matter as much what exercises you do for hypertrophy as you would for strength. For muscular hypertrophy to occur, you have to induce fatigue through training stress significant enough to disrupt homeostasis and trigger muscle protein synthesis. It doesnt really matter what exercises get you to that point of fatigue, as long as you get there.
That being said, the main factor in exercise selection for programming for hypertrophy is efficiency, because some exercises are more efficient than others. The reason vertical pressing, specifically overhead barbell press, is more efficient than doing front delt isolation, lat delt isolation, and rear delt isolation is because the overhead press induces more fatigue in a shorter amount of time, because it is a more stressful exercise overall (heavier weight+greater ROM=more stress) in addition to hitting all 3 heads of the shoulder in one movement. I don't know where you heard that OHP mostly works front delts. If you only feel it working your front delts then you are probably pressing the bar in front of your face than in a vertical line. The rear delts function isometrically at the top, so they get less stimulation, but as long as you're doing upper back exercises you'll be good

TL;DR: Prioritize OHP for shoulder training because it is more efficient for hypertrophy. Do your isolation, but don't forget about vertical pressing

Hope that helped

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-shoulders-and-trap-exercises

>Jason Blaha magazine

I find Pendlay rows hit rear delts pretty well, and I also replace regular OHP with BTN seated snatch grip press every now and then for more focus on lateral delts.

Blahinos training is unironicaly pretty good

dis nigga

In terms of what? I guess his deadlift is kinda decent, but he has been lifting for over decade and still can't bench 3 plates

OHP is great for practical strength, ab development and getting testosterone pumped.

Not him, but should I stop overhead pressing if I have rolled shoulders until I fix them?

>practical strength
Like then you walk in the street and a 135 bar falls from sky on your head?

Wasn't talking about his stats, mofo. His routine is on point. It is a lot better than some brosplit from Mike O`Tren or NE with 1 inch rack pulls

Mirin quads. Moar?

Like when you are helping the neighborhood MILF clean up the.garage while her hubby is out and she absolutely needs those boxes on the top shelf.

On a side note user, do you feel like you have missed a lot of opportunities in life because you were never prepared for them?

But what if you're a manlet?

Use a ladder

His "routine" is litteraly SS with push press instead of press. Blahino litteraly achieved nothing despite lifting full time.