How to work these muscles?

deadlifts and squats apparently don't work these muscles, so how the fuck are squats and deads supposed to be good enough of a legs routine? which barbell exercises work these muscles?

i work out at home with a barbell and 53lb kettlebell. not much else.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139515913&pagenumber=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Calf raises. When you do cardio, be sure to run on the balls of your feet.

looked up barbell calf raises and i feel like it's a great way to serverely injure oneself lol.

will give it a try today. if i don't report back you'll know i've fallen and snapped my fucking neck

bicycle

Calve Raises: seated and standing. You have to do high reps, at least 20 each.

For the last 10 reps of each set of calf raises, hold the contraction at the top of the rep for 2-3 seconds, while the last rep is held for 5-10 seconds. The Calf has a lot of slow twitch muscle, so it responds better to extended periods of contraction. Keep tension on the calves throughout the entirety of each set.

Running will not build calfs unless you do inclines I promise you. Also calfs will not grow much unless you have the genetics for it, just look at Omar Isuf and the no calf meme. I trained my calfs for years and got no size either while other guys barely touch their calfs and they're huge.

maybe take a chair, sit the barebell across the knees, and do calf raises that way

at the seated calf raise station of course

thats a horrible idea and one of the long list of stupid stuff people do that fucks their shit up when they start running

Say hello to shin splints and fucked in half knees.

Heavy Loaded Carries and high volume high frequency calf raises.

>run on the balls of your feet

Protip: If someone is suggesting you do something that is an unnatural range of motion chances are you're going to get fucked up from doing it.

I don't like running on the street so I ran on a treadmill at 2 degrees and my calfs got really big from it.

i always feel them when doing high rep squats like 10 reps or sth

>This is what retards actually believe

Kys pls

Seriously. You get shin splints from weak calves and running on your heels

front squats can do a little bit for this and are probably worth doing anyway if they don't bother your knees

dante trudel has some interesting ideas: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139515913&pagenumber=1

>be sure to run on the balls of your feet.
lots of people have gotten hurt doing this, including me. not to say "don't ever do it", but be careful and start slow and low

L O N D O N

How should you run?

You can get shin splints from almost anything dummy I got them from jumping rope in middle school and kicking a heavy bag 6 years later. Everyone with even a minutia of running experience knows you land on the mid foot and then roll up to the balls of your feet over the stride. Landing straight on the balls of your feet makes it incredibly awkward to push back up not to mention you are basically slamming your entire bodyweight on a tiny ass piece of your foot, theres no force distribution and your weak ass ankle cant handle that load so a huge shockwave rattles the muscles that run along your shin causing microfractures

Stair calf raises

Drills for sprinters are designed to strengthen your shin muscles.

jump rope