Feels REALLY good, man. Just reached 2 pl8 bench for the first time ever

Feels REALLY good, man. Just reached 2 pl8 bench for the first time ever.

Just 2 years ago I was a skinnyfat soyboy who played WoW all day, zero muscle mass, no strength and atrocious posture. Now, I feel like I've hit my first real milestone. Going for 3 pl8 by the end of next year.

Anyone else achieve their major fitness goals in 2017?

>2 years
Literally the average 2pl8 bench for reps is around 6-8 months and thats with you fucking around

I don't think you understand how far down the soy tube i was. I had to completely retain my body to move correctly and develop mind-muscle connection that weren't there before. Half my muscles were basically atrophie before I've gone from 125 pounds bodyweight with visible fat to 185 with a six pack.

Shit, I couldn't even walk correctly before with severe anterior pelvic tilt. I don't think 2 years is bad to completely transform my body.

Kek
I reached 2pl8 in 1998

I benched my mom's two pl8's straight outta the womb bitch. Git good.

Maybe he is a manlet.
2pl8 is impressive for a manlet.

Can this meme end? There is No fixed point when anyone should lift a specific amount of weight. It come down to genetics, previous experience, diet, routine and leverages.

I'm the second guy but fit instead

Gj op, 2 pl8 is respectable after non lifting for so long... fuck these fat autists lmao

funny because there recently was a survey on Veeky Forums and a 2pl8 bench for reps would put you among the top 5-10% of people here if not higher.

gz op, i doubt these fucking sperglords can bench 2pl8

yeah but i'm >20% bodyfat ;)

>Anyone else achieve their major fitness goals in 2017?

Yes I got an elite subclass total in my country's IPF affiliate.

Source: None. Like all e-statters on this site.

I think it's mostly roiders with JUST hairlines and permanent bulk fatties who act like 2 pl8 is literally nothing. It's not impressive, but it's also a decent amount when your baseline was recently nothing.

if you are normal height. 5'6 manlet genes suck ass. I can only bench one and half plate but i can shit out 40 pushups with 10 pounds added weight.

10 pounds? you must be really strong

I feel like it's good if you are 5'9 with ~13% bf, but it's not great if you are 6'2 ~20% bf.

Isn't it easier for manlets to bench bigger numbers? Their arms are shorter and therefore the weight has to travel less distance and they have to overcome less leverage.

lol no. it wasnt to impress you or anything, 10 pounds is literally all i have. I found a 10 pound plate in my garage and i put it on my back when i do pushups.

yes, but being a manlet doesnt mean you can just hop on 300 pounds bench instantly.

This, proves that Veeky Forums is no different that reddit who thinks taller people bench more when it fact shorter people have shorter ROM thus able to handle bigger weights.

Everyone develops differently, shitlord. There are powerlifters with elite totals at my gym that took two years to hit 225

Honestly I doubt it. I started lifting a month ago and started at 225lb 5X5 and I'm a ~20% bf dyel 6'2. 225lbs is not really that impressive when you weigh 220lbs.

good job op 2pl8 is good!

I only started up 4 months ago after neglecting gym since i was a mid teen. reached 2pl8 bench 5x5 this morning but could only manage half reps at the end of my last set. was v rewarding.-I only got to 2pl8 quickly as I started as 6'1 75kg with some natural muscle and good diet, wouldve taken yeaaars if starting as a soyboy.
Same goal as you 3pl8 by next year as i feel my beginner gains will probably plateau.
Ideally end 2018 at a comfy 87kg

Good gains to you all in the year to come

Relative to their bodyweight, yes. In absolute numbers? Generally not. Sheer muscle mass more than outdoes the ROM difference.

hit 2pl8s just before thanksgiving, got caught up in a false allegation meme. didn't eat or sleep right for like 2 weeks, failed after, haven't tried since, getting back there though

eyup

>powerlifters
>elite
>two years to hit 225
How the fuck are they elite PL when they took 2 years to hit such pathetic weights?

>started at 225 5x5

(You)

Ive found this to be true, bigger dudes simply have more total muscle. Manlets may be comparatively stronger for size but we are measuring by an objective weight.

It's not unreasonable for someone who has played sports in the past

Yeah, I played baseball in college and that was only a few years ago so it's probably different for someone that just does nothing.

listen the FUCK up OP
you WILL fucking make it OP. Don't listen to the fags in this thread saying 2pl8 is normie tier. As said,, few people on here are 2pl8. What's more, the ones that normally brag about it are the 300+ "powerlifters". So good on you OP, keep FUCKIN lifting brah and FUCK the haters, we're all gonna make it.
>as for me, I dicked around for 5 months not eating any food and literally starving myself to 121 lbs. Finally getting on a LEGIT FUCKING PROGRAM, EATING FUCKING FOOD and the gains are fucking COMING. I'm looking fuller and tighter EVERY FUCKING DAY. LET'S ALL FUCKING MAKE IT BRAHS.
You know what OP, this thread inspired me to set a fucking goal. 1/2/3/4 by Christmas Day 2018, NO FUCKING EXCEPTIONS.

Depends how physical the sport is, but I highly doubt anyone can start at 225. Its impossible.
And he said baseball so im sure he is just another meme kid shitposting, or maybe Australian.

Thanks, user. I already knew I'd make it. I've come so far that it's inevitable at this point.

Doing bench with 110kg 3x5. Been lifting for 1 year. I don't know why it took you so long to reach 2pl8. 191cm, 90kg.

Not Australian, burger. How is it shocking that I can bench my bodyweight straight away? It's like being shocked I can do 20 pushups or something.

Someone hadto say it

Are you triggered?

>playing WoW after 2012
iSHYGDDT
Gde pls leave

Not burger, faggot. Benching 225 5x5 without learning the technique is impossible. Unless you half rep, which i think you do.

nice bait.

It's not rocket science, you watch one youtube video and practice with one pl8 and BAM, mastered in 5 minutes.

You are depressing, you would sell your mother for a nickle and use it to pay for a blowjob. You feed on misery and enjoy every second of your pathetic voyage. You see a man's achievement and decide to be the biggest faggot in the multiverse. Holy shit you are so fucking stupid fuck you I drank too much for this shit fuck off you miserable waste.

Fuck off Alex.

Is it better if it was a bc private server? :^)

Do you even know what elite means, you dunce?

good job brah

we're all gonna make it

You better deliver. I'm capping this thread and will be present at exactly 3 pm PST December 25th, 2018. Don't be a fag. Go to the gym and deliver this to yourself.

Do you?

It doesn't matter how long it takes. If you hit elite, you're still in elite. It doesn't automatically bring you down to advanced just because it took a bit longer. Time frame has absolutely nothing to do with which level you fall into.

Where someone starts out doesn't have a whole lot to do with it either. Damn near all of someones beginning point is down to what they've done prior rather than their genetic potential. Some guys come in, hit a 3plate bench in fuck-all time and never go much further... becuse they've already had years or decades of hard physical activity outside of powerlifting so they've got a lot of room to get better at the lifts but they aren't going to get a whole lot bigger or stronger unless they hop on the gear. Some people start out incredibly shitty and end up hitting huge numbers because they first had to overcome a lifetime of sitting on their arse eating doritos.

Not coincidentally, that latter scenario is why SS often fails people. The Starr-derived programs were never originally intended for someone badly in need of remedial not being a lazy fuck training, but for people getting serious in the weight room that already had a lot of time spent playing sports, doing bodyweight stuff and generally being active.

ignore him, hes a cunt.
great job OP. you'll make it :)

good job op. you're better than 80% of fit but as always you're still for some reason going to be called a dyle by everyone here

I know this is bait but I just wanna throw in that I'm lifting for almost 8 years now and I only bench lmao1pl8 for reps. I don't even bother to do more as it would weaken my further chest exercises on that day.

>almost 2018
>lifting for strength

>I'm in the top 10% for every lift
why do I come here for advice still

Senpai, I'm at 500 lb dl and I hit 2pl8bench about 4 months ago. It's down to genetics with your progress. And form.

>in top 25% bench
>in the top 11% of squatters
>top 15% of dl
>top 11% of press
I bet there's a ton of e-stating going on with it too. I'm just here to shitpost.