Why are online fitness communities so cunty and dogmatic? Especially /r/fitness

Why are online fitness communities so cunty and dogmatic? Especially /r/fitness

It is as he wills it to be
He has shown onto us the one true path

For years Veeky Forums was a rippetoe cocksucking fest where any newb would be told to do ss until he could squat 3 plates

That's not even that bad desu, you should be able to squat 3pl8 in less than a few months. Though knowing some of the retards on this board I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't pan out.

Because everyone wants to believe what theyre doing is 100% correct because fitness takes a lot of effort and nobody wants to be told they've wasted years of their life doing stupid shit.

>Especially /r/fitness
And what is their dogma? Also this >you should be able to squat 3pl8 in less than a few months
>not squatting 4pl8 in few weeks
How I spot a soyboy.

You get kind of sour after the 500th “I don’t want to go to the gym but have one 10kg dumbbel, could I do a workout at home?” thread. It’ll get a lot worse the coming weeks with the inevitable newfags flowing in.

Focusing on the squat when you start lifting weights is completly demoralizing.. The gains are all in your ass and the stupid programs they run have zero volume for everything else but squats.
Squat all day every day and drink 5 gallon of milk each set! these guys are fucking retards.

Theyre recommendations are literaly gain killers. They just get fat and all gains are in the lower body its gross.

Beginners need to focus on the upper body if they wanna look better.. Most people dont start lifting to get a big ass and thick thighs. They want big shoulders big arms and a wide back. Squatting is not the answer deadlift is excellent though.
Pull ups. Bench. Row and ohp. How hard is that? 4 fucking exercises and they managed to ruin weight lifting so hard.

I fell for the ss meme and wasted like 3 months on this shit.. My squat got up to 90kg but all my other lifts remained shitty because i barely did them.. And i was always tired from squatting.
My ass and legs got bigger i had to get new pants but shirts would still fit.
Feeling strong as fuck when squatting is fun and lower body gains are cool too though

>SS for 3 months
>90kg squat
not bad femanon

Post a video of yourself squatting 90kg right now or gtfo

>s. They want big shoulders big arms and a wide back. Squatting is not the answer deadlift is excellent though.
>Pull ups. Bench. Row and ohp. How hard is that? 4 fucking exercises and they managed to ruin weight lifting so hard.

SS is not about aesthetics. It's about strength. You run it for 6 months to build a base of strength. Most SS "victims" haven't read the program either. The benching, pressing and chin ups get fucking intense.

>The benching, pressing and chin ups get fucking intense.

What is intense about doing 5 sets of 5 pullups once a week exactly

Bench and ohp volume on ss is absolutly shit tier.

This is most bullshit memeing I ever heard. Strength without mass doesn't exist. "Base of strength", lmao, every good coach know that you should build base conditioning, lift for high reps first and then go to lower reps.
And yes, I read the book, it's utter shit.

IME, the general consensus is more 'high volume' than 'high rep'. Lotta coaches prefer lots of low rep sets done fairly submaximal than a couple of higher rep sets cos you get less reps fucked up by fatigue and the end volume ends up being pretty similar.

What you don't tend to find is people preaching low volume high intensity. It made sense when Starr put the idea together but it doesn't apply well to most new trainees today.

Here’s the prescription for chins/pull-ups: 3x a week doing 3xF until you get to 10 reps, then add weight.

Honestly it doesnt apply well to anyome

>the general consensus is more 'high volume' than 'high rep'
And lower 'intensity too'. 'High rep' is usefell tool to know that you work in 65-75% of your max. But I agree with you.

>lower 'intensity too'
I mean
>'lower intensity' too

>prescription for chins/pull-ups: 3x a week
Please, read the book

high intensity low volume is the best way to generate mass

look at Dorian Yates/mike mentzer/Arthur Jones

I think it worked fairly well in the initial context - people with a solid grounding of physical activity who've never lifted seriously and need to learn to display strength/power in a short time because football tryouts are coming up soon. Works ok for people trying to recapture numbers in a hurry as well.

Tends to shit the bed when given to someone with no base to work off though.

As i said its absolutly shit tier
How fucking complicated is working out jesus theres no need for all this autism.

Pic related is shit tier but atleast it makes some sense.

The best program is a brosplit not memeing straight up just workout no need for all this retarded powerlifter wannbe bullcrap.
Just do a lot of sets for each bodypart once a week.
Once you start wit this retardation about the program there's no end to it.. Keep it simple. The program doesnt matter that much as long as you workout hard and put effort. Upping the weight is not something rhat needs a formula and progressive overload is not hard.

Just work out.. Up the weight when its easy.

>high intensity low volume is the best way to generate mass

False.. Volume is everything.
The fact that you did 5x5 of certain weight doesnt mean shit if you didnt feel that burn.. Some days we are stronger. Some days weaker. Just do it more untill its realy hard. Arnold use to do a couple of reps untill he feels pain and then started counting. What does that sound like to you? Sounds like volume work to me

that's high intensity
use intensity techniques like dropsets, forced reps etc
but you don't need much frequency, especially natty
along as you get the intensity in

Then i agree with you my man.. Drop sets are fucking awesome for building mass.

Btw building muscle natty is realy hard. I suggest you get on the juice i started taking tbol recently and its absolutly amazing

Its realy difficult to build muscle natturally honestly all the guys people think are natty juice secretly. Im absolutly sure scott herman took some and omar isuf as well as alpha destiny no doubt

I'm cruising on 200mg test d right now my man
6 more weeks and I'm running 20 weeks of 600 test e + 600 eq

I just want to lift weights and eat good food without worrying about all this shit related to roids.

Honestly i think about cruising a lot lately.. Are you gonna pct at some point? Did you try pcting already? Take hcg?

If thats all you want then thats all you want.. some of us realy want to get fucking big... dont lie to yourself about what you chase here, but if you just enjoy lifting thats cool

I wish I could be big, but roids don't sound like a good deal to me, I guess I don't care enough about becoming a beast. Fortunately for me, at least strength leaves a high ceiling for natties.

nah did 12 weeks at 800mg tritest and I'm just gonna blast and cruise forever desu

I don't use hcg but then again I'm not interested in protecting my fertility

>Implying isn't the worst offender to this