/AUSFIT/: Gallon of Vegemite A Day

Can we have a thread for Ausfag specific fitness topics?
Brisbane here, sweltering post cardio in the post-storm humidity.

I wish Tones wasn't such a fucking weasley faggot.

Perth here, still ~45 minutes of light left and debating if I should go for a short jog but this ball of shit I feel brewing is giving me second though.

do it for that post cardio shit

Out in Ipswich, Springfield 4300. Skipped gym today despite planning to go as body felt knackered.

Sup cunts, What stores would have cheap adjustable dumbbells tomorrow?

Gym was nice today. Very few people there and some nicely thicc lifting girls. But it was fucking hot. Thanks Brisbane weather :(

why are jetts gyms so fucking pleb-tier

Yoo where do you boys get your protein?
ive been looking at prices at a couple stores in cbr and trying to compare to shipping from online but unsure.
Is there a wholesaler or something anyone recommends in one of the bigger cities?

Do we have beach gyms?
Also I got a $150 rebel gift card for chrissy what should I get

I like my jetts desu. It's pretty comfy. $25 a fortnight for 24/7 access to a couple hundred locations. I was thinking about switching to anytime fitness in redbank plains, but would much rather stick to the gym where i know than pay up front for a yank gym. The anytime fitness gym across king george square looks awesome though.

My jetts has a power rack and enough shit that i can achieve my fitness goals. Sometimes less is more. I can also deadlift and work out with the manager. I'll probably ask him to get a trap bar though.

go down on boxing day and get as much as whatever you can

Cheap membership means cheap equipment. I trained at a Jetts for a few years but got free membership at a power lifting gym because I run a supp store and send people to the gym

Living in Sydney with the parents till I get back to Canberra for uni, are there any poverty gyms here with free weights I can sign up to for a month or so?

Also parents are proper gains goblins and I'm not even allowed to buy+cook own food at their place (I live on campus at uni), wut do friends?

maybe check aldi around new years

Buy in bulk. Bulk nutrition is reputable. You can also get 20kg WPC on ebay for $300, which is 15 a kilo from tassie. Should've turned 360 and walked away. Jk, i bought some harbinger equipment (straps and belt) and it was affordable and did the job. Or put it towards some well-fitting lifting shoes.

which uni you go to?

Is Zap shit?

does your jetts have one of those faggy "machine trap bars" which is locked to the ground using a hinge? Don't know how to properly describe it but its the closest thing to a trap bar but its just so infuriating to use

Yeah, i don't use that shit. That and the omni leg press machine are wastes of space. The brisbane CBD jetts has a trap bar.

either of you boys at uc?
resident of club lime braddon here

It depends on the actual location. Some of the smaller franchises have next to no decent equipment.

There is a Snap! fitness in Morayfield that was the best I had been to. Massive warehouse, plenty of cardio machines, good lifting area. But that was a few yrs ago now. Also female management tend to ruin gyms in the long term.

I'm hoping to get into ADFA but from what I can tell, it's super competitive.

>you've been given the response you deserve

>Also female management tend to ruin gyms in the long term.
What do you mean by this?

What gym you go to

I know it's a bit of a longshot, but is anyone in the defence force? I'm trying to enlist, but idk what it'll actually be like.

>Morayfield
ouch

Our current chief is gay and wants 50% vag in the military coz muh diversity.

yeah I've seen that shit on the news, pretty frustrating that I might get overlooked for someone less qualified because i have a dick
Are you serving currently?

Any of you faggots at uwa?

Pool re-opens tomorrow, excited for 8am session and then going straight to the fucking beach at 11.
I feel sorry for all the outside runners and joggers.

Also ironic how obesity rate here is the second highest, just after america. And the temperatures rise to fourty fucking eight sometimes.

yeah I can't imagine being fat in this weather, I'd kill myself

It's the diet. In addition to picking up a bunch of shitty US habits, we've never really changed how we eat as a country despite the massive downswing in physical activity.

Combine that with a diet practically tailored to produce big fuckers and you get a whole lot of really big fuckers.

>beach
gold coast?

>tfw on holiday for 2 weeks no gym sub
been training at my local park with a pullup bar and dip station / running laps and some other calisthenics, trying to keep my boxing sharp with no bag so ive been hitting a gum tree much to the horror of the local population

Yeah i can see why it's like this...
i see a lot of americanized shit...

Gold coast is fucking amazing man... definitely stopping by there again before moving back to scandinavia.

But nah, live in Mel, so heading down the mornington peninsula. it's a one-bus travel. so figured why the fuck not.

hahah m8ie, you should be punching those with the peely-flaky bark and scare the absolute shit out of the chinese.

not him but ye mate I've been in for 1 and a half yrs ama (army)

What does a GSO actually do? I'm applying to become a gso through ADFA, and I've got my assessment date soon, but I can't work out what the role really is. I don't want to look like a total gimp in the interview.

hahaha fucking lid, i bet you have a 62**** pmkeys number

How to pick up Swedish backpackers.

as an enlisted man ill give you my best,
a fresh lieutenant out of ADFA will get posted to any number of units in any corp, at a minimum you'll be looking at managing a platoon as your very first role, this means you are now responsible for around 60 soldiers and it also means learning the very fine nuances of the admin ability of the army (which is fucking shit), you will be the common soldiers liason with high command, so in reality you become an admin bitch and spend most days redpenning paperwork that your soldiers have fucked up.

if you want the answer that recruiters want to hear, your role is to learn and live the army ideals (better fkn memorise CRIT) and through example lead your soldiers into becoming a capable unit that will achieve their mission

can't really shed light on what its like at ADFA, but from what ive heard its similar to basic just with officers lol, my only advice is just remember that its not forever and there WILL be a day where you march out as a fucking commissioned officer of the aussie defence force.
could have wrote pages on this shit but im phoneposting, hope this helps a bit mate good luck

Give them snus, and pickled fish.
they'll dig you

:) *6joob is my nickname
my lefty is a 63 tho hahaha

thanks man, that's super useful, but what's CRIT?

army ideals breddd courage, initiative, respect and teamwork

>move to Australia from Poland
>been to several different gyms
>90% of the people I see are Asian or Lebanese

???

move away from the suburbs and everone is white

much appreciated, though I can't say the role of GSO sounds that appealing anymore

Any lads near Dandenong/Narre warren way?

>CRIT
>respect

lol, used to be just CIT. I wonder why they added that..

Are major cities are infested with them because >muh multiculturalism
Thanks whitlam.

man recruiters will tell you anything to get you in, army is alright money and some good fun when you're young but don't become trapped in it by picking a job that gives you no civilian qualifications, after your 4 years you'll probably be sick of all the limits to your liberty but if you have no civilian qualifications your choices = sign on for another term or work at mcdonalds

officer is definitely the way to go though if youre still deciding to join

Who here Genesis?

me
pretty nice gym honestly
4x cages and 2x benches, another rack and 4 adjustable benches

snap fitness had one bench and one rack but was only a couple of bucks cheaper

I was enlisted with NZ Army and have worked with plenty of ADF soldiers during my service.

What qs you got mate?

That sounds exactly like mine. The one I go to just got a fuckload of renovations done to it

I was trying to get into armored cavalry but the position is full. like wtf you can never have too much soldiers wtf

Was, just graduated. uwa's sports gym is pretty shit. "High performance" room is alright but the rest is pretty run down

The benches are fucking terrible, slippery as shit

one close to me has no squat/power racks, despite being a pretty large gym. makes you wonder sometimes what equipment they're using

All my friends are out or town and I have no plans for New year's.

What's something good to do in Sydney for New year's then?

The US doesn't have the highest obesity rate in the world, and we are not second.

The US is 18th, and we don't break the top 20.

Army dudes

What are the options for IT in the military? Currently in a cushy job earning 100k doing support work. 24yo. Any reason to leave private sector and go into defence?

>Perth
>Buying an entire home gym cheaper than using a shitty jetts or whatnot for a year
>Student
>Bulking off the exact same fucking meal every single day because I'm broke as shit trying to get into med

Who else
>suffering

Yep. I'll be finished with my double major next year.

Do you want money? Stay private sector
Do you want more out of life/have some great experiences you'd never get otherwise? Enlist for a couple of years

How's it feel to be a joob cunt

ANU brah

Sydneylads, how are we killing time over summer? There's fuck all to do and the weather is a mess

im not in armoured but from my mates who are its a dead end job that they're going to downsize anyway due to other developments and ye bro in peacetime you can definitely have too many soldiers

you from melbs by an chance?

Melbourne
Have two weeks off work and have no idea how to adjust my macros based on the reduced amount of physical work I will be doing in that time.

Going down the coast with a big group of friends for newys. After that I'm gonna buy/hire another car and go on a road trip for a week or so through Victoria and SA.
I'm bored of Sydney too so I figured this is a good option to get away and see more of aus.

>Going down the coast
Fuck off we're full

>tfw gym got new bike machines with tvs built into them
>tfw going to put the cricket on one of them while I lift today

comfy

>Do you want more out of life/have some great experiences you'd never get otherwise?
Literally just parroting the ads they post everywhere on facebook or in schools

white people in the burbs play social sports to keep fit, like footy or basketball.

Bump

Signal corps has network dudes but you would be taking a pay cut,
On the pro side as a Sig you will be pretty much made to get top secret clearance which you can then use to get some apparently pretty sweet civilian jobs

Goodlife in Perth? My gym just got new cardio room as well

>not muzzing for cardio

nah in brisbane. this bike is in the open near the weights so i can hear it perfectly and watch it in breaks

gonna be unreal

Narre North here

anyone go knockout circuz here?

How is meth for cutting?

Anyone watching the cricket

idk ask , he's from Morayfield lol

Warner's doing well ay

Fuck wrong person. Meant to b Ipswich poster

What'd you study user? Anatomy and neuro here

>vegimoite
>not marmite

Make it a game and see if you can drive from sydneylands to the top of Northern Territory without melting your tires.

Just give yourself a sweet little deficit for the same amount of days as you'll be slacking next week or whatever, that's what i'd do anyway, if i wasn't a fucking twig.
actually, as long as you're not going fullon pavlova shovel, there won't be much difference in two weeks

>marmite
Promite is the best, cunt.

> Go to gym
> It's all Asians
> Go to raves
> it's all Asians
> Get dragged along to rap concerts
> It's all Asians

why is it like this?

Sup faggots. Looking at moving to Gladstone Qld from Nu Pozzed Wales. How many boongas are there?

stop fighting fellas, all yeast extracts are beautiful

>leaving Queensland
why tho?

I'm moving there my literate friend.

cos you live in melbourne

oh fuck true yeah Queenslanders are mostly illiterate unfortunately.
Why Gladstone over say, Brisbane?

~$150 rent my dude. Brissies too expensive and I'm fed up of seeing gooks