How did Sandow develop such a strong thick core if heavy deadlifts and squats weren't a thing back in his day?

How did Sandow develop such a strong thick core if heavy deadlifts and squats weren't a thing back in his day?

Other urls found in this thread:

healio.com/endocrinology/hormone-therapy/news/print/endocrine-today/{ac23497d-f1ed-4278-bbd2-92bb1e552e3a}/generational-decline-in-testosterone-levels-observed
youtube.com/watch?v=oX3AlUYRZIQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation_breeding
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Steroids.

And sidebends.

They didn't have steroids back then. The closest thing they had was the juice from mashed up bull gonads, and scientists had only just started experimenting with it. He is 100% natty.

they did plenty of other movements that require great core strength like front carries, farmer walks etc

They had natural test levels probably in the same level today's generation has with steroids tho

Farmers carries, horse cart deadlifts, kettlebell squats.

>They had natural test levels probably in the same level today's generation has with steroids tho

Holy fuck you're stupid

Nice argumenting there bro

why did bodybuilding reduce itself to roidmonkeys competing with bigger roidmonkeys, Sandows shits on em all ez

mountains of legal cocaine

cocaine burns fat without supressing appetite. coke id like clen only less effective, more expensive and worse for your health

basically coke let him bulk without getting fat

unironically this

He lifted weights all day every day and he had good genes
They may not have had "deadlifts" per se but they didn't have power racks either so if he wanted to put a weight overhead he picked it up off the floor
Don't over think it, I doubt he did

He had the mindset

You made a dumb claim without backing it up what's there to argue

He wanted to look like a Greek or Roman god, and so he did.

I think it's quite short-sighted to call this gentleman a "coke" junkie.
We can only admire the untouched body, no xenoestrogens, no polluted air, no GMO food, no proccessed food.. these guys had perfect conditions to flourish into masculine physique, even though science and nutrition weren't as developed as they are now.

healio.com/endocrinology/hormone-therapy/news/print/endocrine-today/{ac23497d-f1ed-4278-bbd2-92bb1e552e3a}/generational-decline-in-testosterone-levels-observed

Coke definitely suppresses appetite. Google it.

Yeah but to compare their level to people on gear now of days? No fucking way.

Natties with good genetics > roiders aesthetics

Yeah thats probably a bit of hyperboly on his part.
Sandow doesnt even look close to the size of the roided monsters at IFBB

no it doesn't in fact the opposite effect has been clinically demonstrated where cokeheads suddenly gain a shitload of weight when they quit in spite of zero dietary changes or even eating less.

You

Now that I think about it, beards used to be thicker like 70 years back. Rarely see a full not patchy beard.

Jaw lines are in decline too

are you really calling roiding giga niggas aethetic?

Whenever I see "ironically this" or it's variations I always think back of my qt3.14 Philippina/english Tumblr feminist ex gf who I'd treat like shit and thoroughly colonized over and over again with my 6.2" 190lbs big white cock.

I hope you're a girl because one must be a huge fan to say "this. Unironically this."

Fag of course, autocorrect is being fagphobic

Think further all manly traits are in decline in the first world.
The amount of low test moonfaces without jawlines or brow ridges, with petite frames, tiny hands, helium voices and inability to grow a beard is incredible.
Of course theres also psychological effects of the low test epidemic

>5'9

Who hurt you bro, we are here for you

people wouldn't waste the time to take pics of ugly dudes or bother keeping those pictures around.

That was irony

Any opinion on using test to max out your natural test levels?

For example, natural levels for a 19 year old would be 240-900 ng/dl, let's say you are at something like 450. Pushing this to 900 shouldn't be detrimental to your health, shouldn't it? I'd rather imagine it could be the opposite.

>no GMO food
Veeky Forums strikes yet again, lmao.

you do know that steroids increase test levels to 3k -4k ng/dl right?
The generational decrease in test levels is only a hundred or more

horticulture bsc here

why would you want to eat GMO food exactly?

Thats call testosterone replacement therapy you dip. Plenty of men do it.

>no polluted air
You're aware of the industrial revolution, right? We don't get shit like smog or stone buildings turning black any more.

Complete confirmation bias and lack of experience of "70 years back"

>why would you want to eat selectively-bred crops, exactly?

splicing bacterial DNA in corn is a lot different than selecting for bigger cobs

ugh.. no

they're about the same

shut the fuck up

Squats and deadlifts are just the current trend of a mindset and tradition of lifting heavy weight, and to lift heavy weight you need to use your entire body, i.e. COMPOUNDS

Sandow did all sorts of crazy lifts that may have fallen out of style these days for several reasons but nonetheless followed the concept of loading the body and performing movements that are natural. That's what Bob Peoples, Eugene Sandown, Milo of Croton and Eric Bugenhagen have in common. They lifted hard, didn't take days off and never looked for a way out. If you're sitting down to do shoulder presses, you're doing it wrong. If you're relying on machines to train you, you're doing it wrong. The core is the glue that holds your entire body's strength together.

Also, movements like side bends will always work the core better than crunches because when training the core, what you want is TORQUE, not MOVEMENT. It's the reason why the Palof Press is so good, the reason planks and jefferson deadlifts are so good.

I've always liked his flat chest aesthetics. Modern bodybuilders all have those huge pecs that look like boobs.

it's sexy as fuck, not the nignog though

This

>heavy deadlifts and squats weren't a thing back in his day?

nigger what

Just steroids in general? Like if I inject one steroids into my ass my test instantly shoots up to 3000?

food processing standards were nonexistent back then

Part of it is the lighting and the fact the photo is black & white. Part of it is that he is a chestlet which makes the abs seem more prominent.

I'd guess a good portion of his core strength came from doing OHP which was very common back then and is an underrated core builder imo.

Would Sandow with bigger orc be the ideal male physique?

>6.2" 190lbs big white cock
that's one heavy cock, how do you even function on a day to day basis, do you one of those carts fat people use to carry your dick everywhere? mirin

...holy shit, you're being serious?
>le wrong generation

deadlifts were

plus ohp and ohp variants

What are AVERAGE test levels? And what are ABSOLUTE test levels?

youtube.com/watch?v=oX3AlUYRZIQ

yeah it's not tho

clearly it's subjective, some find it sexy, others don't

Back in Sandows days they did shit loads of vertical presses. Not even joking half of true routine was OHP in some form or another. That’s how they built those cores.

He has zero chest

Something about how his nips are pointed away looks a bit odd.

> 74" and 13-8 stone heavy cock

You’ll still shut down your natural production and have to inject hormones the rest of your life

You're retarded.

>Ok retard

You fags do know that test levels have been sinking in the first world, right?

He's correct though. What the person asked was effectively the same thing as going on doctor prescribed TRT. Your natural testosterone production does shut down even if staying within normal hormonal limits.

Cocaine is a stimulant that suppresses appetite. When you quit, you have a massive crash usually resulting in substantially lowered activity and therefore lower TDEE.

T. A guy that personally knows his shit about coke.

>clearly never taken coke
It suppresses your appetite m8

Dumb fuck

Can any of this guy's work explain why one of my testicles hangs lower than the other?

>he thinks that modern steroid cycles just slightly elevate your test levels
Lmao test levels of roid users are orders of magnitude higher than normal test levels. Testosterone levels were higher in the past but nowhere near on the level of steroids

same here, I'd also like to know

This is normal, it's so they don't hit into eachother when you're running

Not as high as a steron user, but yeah plummeting test is a red pill

Literally every man has that retard.

are you living under a rock m80?

unironically? turkish get-ups

2nd from left up top who is he?

>bigger orc

have fun being a genetic dead end, good goy :)

More threads like this please

>hey guys I had sex with a gook
Do you think anyone gives a fuck?

No idea, I'd like to know too

mirin hard 2nd top left

hitler's looking fucking jacked.

I always forgot to engage my glutes when doing OHP, once I started to remember to do it my ass was sore the next day,
managed to hit 1x3 60kg OHP at 65kg bw

Jew magic.

how did they do it without counting calories and shit like that?

dumbass

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation_breeding

Because back in the day they considered large pectorals feminine and pretty much disregarded chest.

what are some core exercises to do that dont make me look gay?

Thank you for making the only lucid post in this thread

how do i get a chest like that guy's? skip chest day? low body fat? really like the look even though it's considered underdeveloped